Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ni Hao! Ni Hao!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They can do that now, with a harsher punishment, and it's not a widespread issue.

Again, this only changes the punishment, not the report tool, which is fine as it is.
    No, ticket times will be rising with this feature. Its a guarantee, not a guess. So no, they cannot do this now. Stop excusing it.

Deleted
    What is the point of the global chats after this? If you write something there you will risk a 24-72 hours silence... No thanks.
    This is how you destroy completely an MMO...

So, from what I've been reading this is nothing new, and pretty much bans/suspensions are being replaced with being Silenced instead?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm totally certain Blizzard will take reports from players who aren't in the same area or level at face value when I wreck someone who's flagged in Stormheim or roll for and win a piece of loot in a dungeon and someone gets butthurt.

Like, seriously, troll army? What are they going to do, create a raid in Looking For Group for the sole purpose of reporting another player? Yeah, okay, that won't look suspicious or anything especially if all that information is being logged and cross referenced.

"Hey Nelson, look at this. There are players from Zul'Gurub, Eldre'Thalas, Stormrage, and Illidan reporting a player on Turalyon for abuse in Suramar. They're manually reporting from Stormwind, Highmountain, Shrine of Seven Stars, and Duskwood instead of using the automated chat report."

"That's totally legit" said no one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    What is Abusive Chat?
    The terms of service pretty much layout what would be considered abusive chat. So yes any using racial slurs would do it.. jokes could do it if it was vulgar obscene, hateful, or sexually explicit.

B. Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users. Communicating in-game with other Users and Blizzard representatives, whether by text, voice or any other method, is an integral part of the Game and the Service and is referred to here as "Chat." When engaging in Chat, you may not:
    (i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

(ii) Carry out any action with a disruptive effect, such as intentionally causing the Chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, can have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat;

(iii) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in Chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users including without limitation posting commercial solicitations and/or advertisements for goods and services available outside of the World of Warcraft universe;

(iv) Sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to a single user or repeatedly posting similar messages in a Chat area, including without limitation continuous advertisements to sell goods or services;

(v) Communicate or post any user's personal information in the Game, or on websites or forums related to the Game, except that a user may communicate his or her own personal information in a private message directed to a single user;

(vi) Harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any user of the Game;

(vii) Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Blizzard, results or may result in an authorized user of the Game being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in the Game;

(viii) Communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction (e.g. Horde communicating with Alliance or vice versa); or

(ix) Impersonate any real person, including without limitation any "game master" or any other Blizzard agent or employee, nor may you communicate in the Game in any way designed to make others believe that your message constitutes a server message or was otherwise posted by any Blizzard agent or employee.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    So, from what I'm reading this is nothing new, and pretty much bans/suspensions are being replaced with being Silenced instead?
    Gotta keep them subs yo.

Nice, but it is going to be so easy to report people, specially when you have to raid with imbeciles that cant avoid fire. Cant ask them to play better without fear of silence

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    I hope this is in effect on PTR too? :P people in there are leaving all brainmatter behind.. lots of idiots around in the chat channels.
    Would be fun if they kept doing that and got reported and realized that even on live servers they are silenced.
    It's Legion content, so yeah... it's on PTR. Don't see why it would the silenced PTR/Beta players would be silenced on live though, they aren't even hosted on the same thing. It's like trying to play with American players from EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    No, ticket times will be rising with this feature. Its a guarantee, not a guess. So no, they cannot do this now. Stop excusing it.
    Actually, you're pretty wrong. I work as a programmer, and I specialize in keeping social spaces 'clean' of garbage posts. I can tell you without a doubt that this system will actually improve ticket times. Bad apples are bad apples, and as you remove them, the purity goes up. Over time people begin to recognize quality, and a lack of disturbances, this creates a culture where people that were on the fence polluters - will just simply not pollute.

If you make it so that the eyes in the sky are always watching, always waiting, then your misbehaving people simply go somewhere else. It does work; and it will make for a more serene experience in World of Warcraft.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Banning them from the game is more effective for the community.
    Incorrect. Because they come back on a worthless account and don't care about future penalties.

A penalty has them come back on the valuable account - with a bit more trepidation before the next offence.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    So, from what I'm reading this is nothing new, and pretty much bans/suspensions are being replaced with being Silenced instead?
    Pretty much. I imagine that something really egregious like harassment and threats would still earn a ban.

We have our own personal ignore functions but now they want to hold our hand in establishing a chat we'll be comfortable in. No more funny Barrens/Crossroads chat because every oversensitive idiot will abuse this function and globally mute people for joking around. RIP game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    What is the point of the global chats after this? If you write something there you will risk a 24-72 hours silence... No thanks.
    This is how you destroy completely an MMO...
    ...Only if everything you write is either profanity or personal attacks...

Quote Originally Posted by BetoClinn View Post
    We have our own personal ignore functions but now they want to hold our hand in establishing a chat we'll be comfortable in. No more funny Barrens/Crossroads chat because every oversensitive idiot will abuse this function and globally mute people for joking around. RIP game.
    Barrens chat died ages ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Debatable. If handled properly it allows the players to police the community a tiny bit.

- - - Updated - - -

And again we shall see when it goes live. My god you should apply to Blizzard. They would hire you in a heartbeat.
    Why would they hire me in a heartbeat?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I think there should be a maximum because it can really destroy an account. Nothing wrong with a month long ban to give people a seriously long time to think about it and those that keep doing it can only do it once per month.

/shrug But seriously ignore is there for a reason.
    But that can fill up so quickly.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They can do that now, with a harsher punishment, and it's not a widespread issue.

Again, this only changes the punishment, not the report tool, which is fine as it is.
    Regular gm's are the ones that investigate/verify pretty much every report unless it's hacks and exploits.

So yes eventually this will increase ticket times, we'll just have to see how taxing it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    There's the whole "investigation" cycle between reporting and action, as long as that's actually done well.
    Well, they said "too many reports". Sounds like something unrelated to investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Nice, but it is going to be so easy to report people, specially when you have to raid with imbeciles that cant avoid fire. Cant ask them to play better without fear of silence
    No different from right now. If there's no ground for the report, you're in no danger. If your idea of "asking imbeciles to play better" contains personal attacks and profanity, then you are in danger. And rightfully so. L2GF without a tantrum applies, which you'd think would be a long overdue lesson to learn as an adult...