Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    *looks at all of the drama that TERA gets for only making new classes female only*

Yeah, gender-locking classes doesn't seem to be a very popular thing, even with player bases of smaller MMOs.
    not that much really, mostly the same folk, small minority cries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Why does that matter? Tauren females are far stronger than any human male, and our whole world is facing annihilation at the hands of the Legion. Why shouldn't the female tauren use the brute strength that comes so naturally to their race? Even if they're 50% weaker than their male counterparts, and judging by muscle mass it's probably more like 20%, they're still ludicrously stronger than male humans.
    but they are still an entities within tauren culture and they are not as strong as males, in fact they do not appear to be strong that much, except for heir base that is body mass. Also as I have said thety would not only fight human males, but also orcs and other taurens, hell even bigger and stronger creatures. In the end she can try, desperate times, desperate measures and such, but in general they should rather take care of their calflings.

http://8gmwp015fo-flywheel.netdna-ss...ren-Models.png
    more like 120% weaker than males

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nikitabanana View Post
    It's not like their demonic powers from consuming a demon go away when they aren't in metamorphosis form. They still retain the demonic powers. It isn't as it is either - things change. The world changes.
    but they are still using the same base for their powers, that is male and female bodies. demon hunters do not only rely on magic

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-07-12 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    but they are still using the same base for their powers, that is male and female bodies. demon hunters do not only rely on magic
    Demon hunter's don't rely on magic?, you are aware they literally use a captured demon to fuel their power right?, both physical and fel abilities are empowered by their magically bound demonic powers, which are still magic.

Also, this is a fantasy world, in which, for example, Night Elven warriors are predominantly female, the Tauren have fought a race-war for generations that only ended some 40-ish years ago, Orcs fought a neverending campaign against the trolls, the Naaru and themselves that also only ended in the last century, and in all of these both genders fought just as valiantly according to the lore.
    Last edited by Zorial; 2016-07-12 at 03:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone take feminists seriously. Most good companies don't and they offer great products. One does not bark back at the cur.
    Don't get me wrong here. I would not take any feminazi serious, but many players follow feminists values on a small lvl, and closing off some classes in the game for specific genders, are without a doubt going to alarm some people. Thinking that all classes should be gender equal is not an extreme/feminazist idea. It is a common value, which is followed by most states and countries in the world.

So yeah, this is not gonna be like "some companies are doing fine with going against the feminists". Blizzard would not go against feminists, but the feminist/gender-equalitits values, which have already settled in western society.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

your range of faith is rather limited if you find it beyond your believe.
    mysogyny? well, at least you did not scream 'rape'
    are you saying that their base fitness has nothing to do with powers they get further?

Yes, because they are males, the strongest sex of their species. no they should not be, they are not facing humans only after all.
    Female lionesses do a lot of the hard work. Are you saying a female druid isn't capable of mauling you to death?

Lionesses do most of the hunting for their pride. They are more effective hunters, as they are smaller, swifter, and more agile than the males and unencumbered by the heavy and conspicuous mane, which causes overheating during exertion.

I do want to note that Night Elven society was originally based around lions and the females are an Amazonian archetype, which is very common in fantasy. I think we can throw realism out the window in a world of magical, talking, flying lizards, demon-aliens, windchime people, and planets that are living, breathing, intelligent beings.

Also, Demon Hunters are magically enhanced and have always come from all walks of life. They're outcasts. That would include women as well. And regardless, we see that Night Elven society has always preferred warrior women over warrior men. In that case, the women LIKELY come for a better background than the males. Disregarding that, they're supernaturally enhanced so again, regardless of sexual dimorphism, if a woman hits you like a god damn truck on fire, she's still hitting you like a truck on fire.

I liked that you chose to ignore that.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

I'm glad LittleJin got banned, all he does it make useless topics like this one.
    Too bad it won't stick for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If we are to follow lore and social norm inside the game, then sure, most classes, DH and druids included, would proberly be gender exclusive. But we don't really live in the world of Warcraft, we play in it. That means, that we can bend rules and norms to suit our own society. This current society is not happy about making gender exclusive classes, since it would limit the playability of the game. That is why things are as they should be
    Social norms don't even play into it. You can be a goblin or gnome warrior in this game. Common sense would probably say that guy would just get squished into a pancake within seconds, but here we are in a fantasy video game where you can be a three foot tall goblin or gnome of either gender and tank Mannoroth. OP is deeply concerned about his immersion being ruined by female druids and demon hunters? A tiny green monster with a terrible New Jersey accent that is maybe as tall as your crotch is holding off the greatest demons of the Burning Legion, and she's being healed by a talking cow.

7+ Year Old Account
    in nature a ton of differant species the female is the stronger beast, lions for example, males are lazy and just lay down protecting the kids well the mothers hunt, hyenas well >#> umm i dont want to go into that

but i wanna have a laugh with yall, that someone messaged me, telling me to apologize to the OP for calling him sexist scum... saying i needesly made him out to be a sexist when he was just talking about lore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Social norms don't even play into it. You can be a goblin or gnome warrior in this game. Common sense would probably say that guy would just get squished into a pancake within seconds, but here we are in a fantasy video game where you can be a three foot tall goblin or gnome of either gender and tank Mannoroth. OP is deeply concerned about his immersion being ruined by female druids and demon hunters? A tiny green monster with a terrible New Jersey accent that is maybe as tall as your crotch is holding off the greatest demons of the Burning Legion, and she's being healed by a talking cow.
    exactly... like most of the bosses we killed should have been easy to kill, or much harder to kill (the giant infernal in BT for example) cant remember his name but he would one shot anyone speaking that you are as big as a tenth of his foot...

so same with if a gnome or goblin ran up to arthas and tried hacking at his knees... well... yeah... and meanwhile "lore wise" a orc or tauren should do like 5 times more damage then a goblin or gnome, in the exact same circumstances

also wait a second... how do you have warlock horns... as a tauren....!!! SNAKE!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly! We are playing a fantasy game, so why not let fantasy run wild and make the most fun world possible, ignoring things like social norm and "common sense" OP seems to be dead set on that reality needs to be implied on a fantasy game, which to be honest, is only going to make the game more boring. It will set up barriers for people, who want to live a specific fantasy, and while it is not completly going against the general "WoW-fantasy", then things should be allowed.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words political correctnes. One day I wish to see a great battle between PC and Reality. Some truly warping stuff.
    No, not really about political correctness, but about business. If you were to limit things like gender in a world wide game, then you might as well commit political suicide.

As well, as others have said, even lore has both sides represented.

And in the end, this is a game, real life cannot be accounted for other than our choices in creation and life.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Haha this guy got banned. Read a book, go outside, the sexist post is unnecessary and I for one am glad that they are of both sexes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm glad LittleJin got banned, all he does it make useless topics like this one.
    Too bad it won't stick for long.
    god yeah looking at some of his old posts how does he come back so quick, after so many bans?

"And? My opinion is right and it is strong and it should be changed. Sindragosa is a boring, beta, not even worth humping. no to mention that it is a very old model. Now off with you, little girl.

Infraction"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-our-downfall
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...m-model-update
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Racism-and-IQ

dear lord hes got some horrid cringy threads...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-12 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also wait a second... how do you have warlock horns... as a tauren....!!! SNAKE!
    They're a quest reward from doing the long quest chain in OL Nagrand. I think they're called Mag'har Ritualist Horns. Same model as the lock horns, but available to all Horde players. Would you like me to check if they're faction locked in the new transmog system?

I would play a tauren lock if they would let me.

(also, that character may or may not exist.. You can dress a character how you want in WMV)

7+ Year Old Account
    They're a quest reward from doing the long quest chain in OL Nagrand. I think they're called Mag'har Ritualist Horns. Same model as the lock horns, but available to all Horde players. Would you like me to check if they're faction locked in the new transmog system?

I would play a tauren lock if they would let me.

(also, that character may or may not exist.. You can dress a character how you want in WMV)
    :P nah thats fine, dont know who i would use it on

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, that is the dimorphism part, while I can see them being a magic users, obviously, the melee fighting part is a little bit off to me.

no, I have not. but I have played other games with such mechanics and yes it was fun. oh you are so mean.

of course there is. they wanted to cover it somehow.
    So basically you're being completely sexist...saying that women cant handle melee combat.

Well Wardens were all women...

god yeah looking at some of his old posts how does he come back so quick, after so many bans?

"And? My opinion is right and it is strong and it should be changed. Sindragosa is a boring, beta, not even worth humping. no to mention that it is a very old model. Now off with you, little girl.

Infraction"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-our-downfall
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...m-model-update
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Racism-and-IQ

dear lord hes got some horrid cringy threads...
    I wonder why he hates women so much? Like really.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

All classes should have been male only. For women, other classes should have been created: Shopper, Cleaner, Cook and maybe Whore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I wonder why he hates women so much? Like really.
    maybe all the women in his town are getting all the hot men and he cant find one ;3 ;P ?

Deleted
    So many hurt feelings in this threat. When will it stop?

Anyway, bad idea OP. You dont want to know whats going to happen when you take peoples wifus away from them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see the OP is banned, and this is a thread that could probably even be locked. From the sound of it I actually think the OP was serious, scarily enough.

Even the original World of Warcraft video featured a female nelf druid. And in the Illidan lore he had both male and female DHs. That's on top of all the other reasons they shouldn't be male only.

ok sure lets play the

"WHO WANTS TO BE A HORRIBLE SCUM OF A HUMAN" game!
    by the way i do not share any of these thoughts, this is more for entertainment and poking fun at how horrible this thread is

Warrios should only be males
    healers should only be females
    first aid, alchemy, herbalism, inscription, and cooking should only be female
    archaeology, mages, and fishing should be male only
    rogues should all be black or goblins
    undead should be enemies of both factions
    tauren should be unable to eat meat
    worgen should be unable to eat veggies
    varien should build a wall around stormwind and make those pesky orcs pay for it!

also demon hunters were never "male only" we see a few at the black temple, just they were alot more rare speaking few females were strong enough to become one, and the druid thing was a thing, but was thrown out long ago, like how they said no one could practice arcane, but come the cataclysm they accepted it and bam, night elf mages
    Night elf warriors are generally female and high elf priests were male in Warcraft III. Jaina is a mage. Just generally, most of your post is exaggerated and strawmanned. By the way, it's "a lot", not "alot".

On topic: I find it interesting to note that while all races have guards of both sexes, night elves are exclusively female, including their champions at the argent tournament in Icecrown.