Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathas View Post
    This should hopefully be fixed with Mythic+, why would a higher geared player want to run Mythic when they should be running Mythic+2?
    Ahh thank you, so Mythic is more like Heroic?

that would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Ahh thank you, so Mythic is more like Heroic?

that would help a lot
    The real issue is that in WoD right now you've got some people who want to do Mythic for gear, and some people who are overgeared and just want valor. So if I put together a group, I can demand a high ilvl and just take the overgeared people.

When Mythic+ comes out though those people aren't going to want to come to my group. They're going to want to do higher levels of Mythic that has actual upgrades for them, and I'll have to take people lower on the totem pole, i.e., people who don't overgear the content.

Deleted
    Crafted gear seems shit this time around. Iirc crafted gear in wod was on par with HC raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    You forgot world quests. World quest gear starts at a minimum 805 ilvl, but raises up to a minimum 830 ilvl as your average ilvl increases. World quest gear can also titanforge.

You also didn't mention relics, which raise your weapon's ilvl. Initially your artifact weapon has 2 relic slots, but you unlock a 3rd by finishing your order hall quest chain. An ilvl 800 relic will increase your weapon's ilvl by 30, and every 5 relic ilvls after that will add 1.25 ilvls (rounded) to your weapon. So an 815 relic gives +33, and an 820 relic gives +35, and so on. Relics primarily come from dungeons, but they can also come from world quests and very rarely as BoE world drops. ilvl 805 relics can be crafted, but they're fairly expensive. Relics from dungeons and world quests can also be titanforged.

Also, in my opinion it's unlikely anyone will get exalted with the Nightborn (or any faction, for that matter) before raids unlock, as the amount of rep you can gain is pretty well limited by world quests and emissary quests.
    Thanks, I've edited it in!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK Priorities:
    Class Hall Campaign to end, for third relic slot (by far and away the most important power jump)
    Mythic Dungeon Clear, every dungeon, every week
    World Quests that offer gear; make certain that if you are near an ilvl breakpoint, you check if there is a simple way to go past the breakpoint so you can jump to it
    Spam Heroics

Once the raid opens, try and craft 850 items for your weakest slots.

Only problem is I have no idea how effective PvP strongboxes are
    Thanks, I'll edit a similar priority order in!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The real issue is that in WoD right now you've got some people who want to do Mythic for gear, and some people who are overgeared and just want valor. So if I put together a group, I can demand a high ilvl and just take the overgeared people.

When Mythic+ comes out though those people aren't going to want to come to my group. They're going to want to do higher levels of Mythic that has actual upgrades for them, and I'll have to take people lower on the totem pole, i.e., people who don't overgear the content.
    I don't understand your point, Mythics are basically the new heroics in terms of difficulty. 5 ppl around 825 ilvl can easily complete the dungeon as long as you don't do retarded stuff like pull multiple packs.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    Nevermind, just found this video that explains it very clearly! Or at least, explains clearly which parts are (purposely) not revealed by Blizzard
    All you really need to know is...

You should run the highest content you can... let's say your are iLevel 830...

Normal drops 810 and Heroic drops 825. The chance an 810 rolls 835 is MUCH lower, than an 825 item. Mythic drops 840 an probably should be where you spend your time... as it's chance of dropping 850 is the same as 825 dropping 835... and way more than 810 dropping 835.

In other words... Titanforge isn't the "content relevant making" feature they say it is... it's just a bonus for running what you should be running.

As far as chance % and is it the same for each +5 roll.... It's pretty clear it's not... as they said they hosed the math and it was proccing higher titan forged more than just a single or multiple proc... which tells me they have different chances per consecutive roll (and in all likely hood they are making each subsequent roll a little better chance as compounded rolls get astronomically improbable really quickly.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-07-12 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romoreas View Post
    I don't understand your point, Mythics are basically the new heroics in terms of difficulty. 5 ppl around 825 ilvl can easily complete the dungeon as long as you don't do retarded stuff like pull multiple packs.
    He was talking about mythic+. for mythic or mythic +1 ilvl 825 is fine, but if you want to do +6 you probably want everyone to have 840 atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Normal drops 810 and Heroic drops 825. The chance an 810 rolls 835 is MUCH lower, than an 825 item. Mythic drops 840 an probably should be where you spend your time... as it's chance of dropping 850 is the same as 825 dropping 835... and way more than 810 dropping 835.

In other words... Titanforge isn't the "content relevant making" feature they say it is... it's just a bonus for running what you should be running.

As far as chance % and is it the same for each +5 roll.... It's pretty clear it's not... as they said they hosed the math and it was proccing higher titan forged more than just a single or multiple proc... which tells me they have different chances per consecutive roll (and in all likely hood they are making each subsequent roll a little better chance as compounded rolls get astronomically improbable really quickly.

I think the math still favors doing the highest ilvl content you can handle, but it's not as simple as an equal amount of 810 vs 820 items with possible upgrades for normal vs heroic. There's also a time element. If you can run two or three normal dungeons (easy mechanics, no wipes, less hp) in the time it takes to run one heroic, you can get triple the items AND triple the artifact power drops AND triple the chances to get random legendaries or crafting mats or money or whatever else you get from dungeons. It's not just gear upgrades, it's 'gear upgrades per minute', and that might leave running lower level content without a lockout reasonably competitive against the next tier up of content. Probably not competitive with mythic +10 dungeons, but there is value in grinding random lower dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skozen View Post
    I think the math still favors doing the highest ilvl content you can handle, but it's not as simple as an equal amount of 810 vs 820 items with possible upgrades for normal vs heroic. There's also a time element. If you can run two or three normal dungeons (easy mechanics, no wipes, less hp) in the time it takes to run one heroic, you can get triple the items AND triple the artifact power drops AND triple the chances to get random legendaries or crafting mats or money or whatever else you get from dungeons. It's not just gear upgrades, it's 'gear upgrades per minute', and that might leave running lower level content without a lockout reasonably competitive against the next tier up of content. Probably not competitive with mythic +10 dungeons, but there is value in grinding random lower dungeons.
    Yeah, no. 3 very small chances at loot in an hour does not equal one higher chance per hour. But do what you think is best... I grind a good bit of Heroics and have seen enough 825 drop when I am 848 to know it's a waste of time... if it weren't for the Random Heroics Awards I would not be doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Hasn't this always been the case though? I think what people want to know but won't admit is:

What is the lowest/easiest level content I can do and still get the highest rewards. Now that might seem like a stupid question but hear me out.

Leveling your garrison/shipyard and all the followers turned out to be an incredibly easy way to get really nice gear. If people didn't take advantage of this I personally feel like they were missing out on some easy upgrades. Likewise as various people have stated, ignoring the class order hall WILL put you behind. It is yet to be discovered just how far behind but it will be one path to upgrades that will be easier than say, running a Mythic +3 dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post

Not entirely true. People are going to be more than willing to join your group if you provide the key as there's no limit to how much gear you can get from Mythic+. The limit comes from amount of keys. Also, a group isn't entirely sure how far into Mythic+ they will go as you can level up that key to do higher levels of Mythic+. You don't pick the level you do it at.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Hasn't this always been the case though? I think what people want to know but won't admit is:

What is the lowest/easiest level content I can do and still get the highest rewards. Now that might seem like a stupid question but hear me out.

Leveling your garrison/shipyard and all the followers turned out to be an incredibly easy way to get really nice gear. If people didn't take advantage of this I personally feel like they were missing out on some easy upgrades. Likewise as various people have stated, ignoring the class order hall WILL put you behind. It is yet to be discovered just how far behind but it will be one path to upgrades that will be easier than say, running a Mythic +3 dungeon.

I agree 100%... the OH Mission table is required... only the most casual of players will say it's not.. because it's not.. for them. I have already gotten 3 missions rewarding Quests sending me to Mythic difficulty dungeons... haven't done them... but I will. These are basically guaranteed 840 gear items and will be for your spec. They could also Titanforge.

I also get 2-4 AP rewarding missions per day as well... and that's like getting 2-4 more WQs per day.

As far as running what difficulty? Yeah, Blizzard tried to make it sound like Titanforge gives relevance to lower content... when it actually doesn't. If you are geared or almost geared for Mythic dungeons... Normals are a complete waste of time, Heroics only for AP and gear anything BUT those two.