Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is elemental doomed yet again?

Right, so my question is basically: Is elemental getting fucked over yet again? There's 28 pages of feedback, while there has been not a single response from blizzard (Except the one that was supposed to be in the enhance thread anyway) Although if you look at the Enhancement thread there's explainations why they're decreasing power and how they plan to compensate and the reasons behind it all and elemental is stuck with only speculations. Apparently Green jesus seems to be the way Blizzards wants us to go, because melees are always welcomed in guilds with open arms /sarcasm

Also the Earthquake bug that has been known by the elemental community for quite a while now and there is no blue post to see that Blizzard is actually aware of this. Credit goes to Veqad for finding this.

I'm having fun with ele. Not sure bout everyone else

7+ Year Old Account
    There are some major problems with talents and spells at he moment. There is a known Earthquake bug which has been there for multiple builds so AOE damage cant even be tested properly atm. Out Coeffiecents are in the dumpster at the moment but our burst is decent but unfortunatly if you want high single target you will have to gear a certain way to do so which makes talent 'choice' a no go.

I wouldn't say its "Doomed" in any way. It appears as if the WoW dev team tends to focus on a handful of classes at a time, and elemental had some attention late alpha/early beta but has been on the back burner since then. Just a few builds ago Enhancement went months without any tuning or responses and they were over powered beyond measure. Now they are currently one of the classes being focused for tuning, thus more attention.

WoW has 36 specs now that need to be balanced and have bugs fixed, it makes sense that there will be several builds where one spec may not see any attention. It also has been stated several times by the WoW devs that their resources on development servers are limited and they are often working on builds ahead of what were playing on. This makes it hard sometimes to reproduce bugs if they are fixed already in a future build.

TLRD: Elemental isn't doomed, its not uncommon to go several builds without a blue response due to 36 specs being balanced and fixed.

From testing all the talent changes, all classes on the PTR i can only say one thing about Elemental Shaman.

Most boring, not even changed useless spec in the game at the moment (Not talking performance, could be top DPS but for all i care its so god damn boring).

Compared to the changes to enhancement and how awesome it plays, Elemental shaman seems so pathetically boring.

Then again, PTR testing, maybe with artifact is more fun? :S The Beta testers can tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    From testing all the talent changes, all classes on the PTR i can only say one thing about Elemental Shaman.

Most boring, not even changed useless spec in the game at the moment (Not talking performance, could be top DPS but for all i care its so god damn boring).

Compared to the changes to enhancement and how awesome it plays, Elemental shaman seems so pathetically boring.

Then again, PTR testing, maybe with artifact is more fun? :S The Beta testers can tell me.
    Not any better really with the artifact. It's active doesn't feel that great, and the golden dragons are a bit boring. You really gotta go heavy lightening build to utilize it were fire build IMO is more fun. You feel like your loosing something going fire with the artifact traits.

Ive always wanted a single resource build/dump spec that I enjoyed. The first alpha of fury was just so sexy to me. Build up max rage and dump it fun (to you maybe not to me yea)

I had interest in ele / boomy but after all the walls of text ive read and seen all I can see in the PTR eh
    I don't care about numbers per say I know my own skill level but as long as no spec is lets say like the live state of SV hunters then pretty much play what you have fun with. If you dont enjoy it there are other options. Inb4 mains since vanilla blah blah if you don't enjoy it dont play it. If you have constructive thoughts about it official forums are the place to post. They have done so much to every class/spec in the game for the new xpac things will change thats a given.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Too early to tell, depends on the tuning. If DPS ends up being competitive, should be fine. If not, Ele is screwed again thanks to lack of unique utility.

It is the weakest of the shammy specs currently. With tier bonuses and tweaks that can easily change.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Ele shaman, stinker of a spec at the start of an xpac since 2008.

Only at MoP was elemental interesting. Ofc fun was detected and nerfed in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    I wouldn't say its "Doomed" in any way. It appears as if the WoW dev team tends to focus on a handful of classes at a time, and elemental had some attention late alpha/early beta but has been on the back burner since then. Just a few builds ago Enhancement went months without any tuning or responses and they were over powered beyond measure. Now they are currently one of the classes being focused for tuning, thus more attention.

WoW has 36 specs now that need to be balanced and have bugs fixed, it makes sense that there will be several builds where one spec may not see any attention. It also has been stated several times by the WoW devs that their resources on development servers are limited and they are often working on builds ahead of what were playing on. This makes it hard sometimes to reproduce bugs if they are fixed already in a future build.

TLRD: Elemental isn't doomed, its not uncommon to go several builds without a blue response due to 36 specs being balanced and fixed.

This is the same story that everyone has said about Elemental throughout almost every expansion and then we are left with nothing when the game is finally released, I think it's time that something happens and that they actually start addressing the bugs that elemental is suffering from right now on beta since it is not possible to do AOE testing at all and I seriously cannot be bothered with another bandaid fix halfway through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keeps getting nerfed every update...so not expecting anything good from it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypticon View Post
    Right, so my question is basically: Is elemental getting fucked over yet again? There's 28 pages of feedback, while there has been not a single response from blizzard (Except the one that was supposed to be in the enhance thread anyway) Although if you look at the Enhancement thread there's explainations why they're decreasing power and how they plan to compensate and the reasons behind it all and elemental is stuck with only speculations. Apparently Green jesus seems to be the way Blizzards wants us to go, because melees are always welcomed in guilds with open arms /sarcasm

Also the Earthquake bug that has been known by the elemental community for quite a while now and there is no blue post to see that Blizzard is actually aware of this. Credit goes to Veqad for finding this.
    So you took a glance at a forum thread and base your predictions on that. Go buy a betakey and test or do you like to whine for possibly no reason?

i'm pretty sure Ele and enhancement as not as far apart as people think, expect in aoe where ele is trash due to earthquake being worthless now.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Too early to tell, depends on the tuning. If DPS ends up being competitive, should be fine. If not, Ele is screwed again thanks to lack of unique utility.
    WrT might not be technically unique, but feral and guardian Druids are only ones with stampeding roar for Druids now and are both heavily unreprested. That's a very valuable utility on some fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Nearly every class is doomed.. Have you not seen the overwhelmingly negative feedback on nearly every class..?

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Nearly every class is doomed.. Have you not seen the overwhelmingly negative feedback on nearly every class..?
    So true, every class, every spec, all claim that they are broken and nerfed.

Any Know if Elemental Mastery Proc Change is Bugged?? and if chain light... work with our mastery chance too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Game releases literally next month... still to early to tell.

Best troll ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    1. Elemental was trash to begin with
    2. 1 blue response in a 28 pages long feedback thread (even this one was forced)
    3. traits, abilities and talents work against each other
    4. its still okay to apply mechanics which were removed from the game to Elemental (UE, SK)
    5. no defensive tier, while they removed Shamanistic Rage
    6. GoW and WRT still on the same tier, while they removed SWG