Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The amount of cigarette smoking in the original Ghostbusters would probably be enough to get it an R-rating nowadays.
    Definitely. That and the swearing and mild actual humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kids are growing up with good CGI nowadays. Older movies, especially ones that used electronic puppets, can look funny and fake to them. They also have that old look and some kids just don't like it.

I restrict a lot of movies when it comes to my 6 year old, but my oldest daughter is 10 and I let her watch movies that I think are okay for her age. A couple of days ago we watched Alien and Poltergeist (new one) with her cousins (also 10). I was hoping to scare them, but they just thought it was cool. Lame.
    Thats one thing I find odd. Like If I look at the old ghostbusters movie and the trailer for this one, I would say the ghosts look more real in the original. Even Jurassic Park 1 looked comparable to Jurassic World. Obviously there are some effects that look better in CGI today like the proton beams. I did think the CGI in Warcraft was amazing though.

Honestly I was really hoping this would happen. There has been an unreasonable amount of hate for this movie with some online critics going so far as to proudly declare they won't see it. Now it turns out the movie is actually good, not great but not the absolutely terrible film they all said it would be. The next couple of weeks should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly I was really hoping this would happen. There has been an unreasonable amount of hate for this movie with some online critics going so far as to proudly declare they won't see it. Now it turns out the movie is actually good, not great but not the absolutely terrible film they all said it would be. The next couple of weeks should be fun.
    Good? More like mediocre at best.

some online critics going so far as to proudly declare they won't see it
    You mean like AVGN? Well he isn't a movie critic so he has no "obligation" to see it anyway.

some online critics going so far as to proudly declare they won't see it
    THE BASTARDS!

The nerve of some people, right?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    THE BASTARDS!

The nerve of some people, right?
    I don't mind them not seeing it, it's the fact that they make a big deal of it.

Define "big deal".

Announcing to your fans that they no longer have to bug you about it is not equal to making a big deal out of it. That was the likes of you going ape over and and purposefully misrepresenting it..

I mean just make a quick comment about it, it doesn't need to be some 5 minute video just because you know it will be easy views. It just shows me they are gonna see it anyways if it turns out they were wrong.

I mean just make a quick comment about it, it doesn't need to be some 5 minute video just because you know it will be easy views. It just shows me they are gonna see it anyways if it turns out they were wrong.
    A man who makes videos for a living made a video to answer a question fans of his videos were asking him.

Apparently this is a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    eh. outside of the internet hardly anyone even knows about the haters. they just see that they somehow made a melissa mcarthy movie thats ghostbusters. they might not even know its a reboot.

i still have to deal with people everytime i talk about movies who think deadpool and the x-men are in the mcu and its been like 10 fuckin years

- - - Updated - - -

the original also had a dude getting a blowjob from a ghost.
    That not everyone picked up on or was as blatantly obvious. Yes it had alot of raunchy humor but it was MUCH less BAM in your face

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well personally I don't trust the guy who thought Jurassic World and Batman vs Superman were better than Ant-man and Deadpool.
    I haven't seen Ant-Man but this is pretty defensible otherwise.

Just in time for the reboot.

I'm not too sure what to make of the reviews for the film so far. Even the positive ones generally seem to be saying that the film is basically a piece of fluff cinema at best, but go ahead and give it a high rating, because it's putting two fingers up to the oppressive penis owners, trying to keep the film down. Half the positive reviews read quite weakly, then just end on tirades about feminism overcoming all things. Some of them even imply that the acting/comedy isn't very good in places.

Yeah, I just read a handful of the positive reviews and they all are just flaunting women and feminism and sticking it to those icky boys moreso than actually talking about the movie. Some flat out didn't mention the movie's contents at all

Deleted
    By the titans... The RT reviews... The large majority of the reviews are "the movie is fresh because females". I don't care, I'm gender egalitarian, review about the movie itself...

This is Warcraft all over again, reviewing the genre and not the details.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-07-12 at 09:53 PM.

He's from the internet, we have to believe him, right? Seriously though, this is a guy I generally see as having the pulse of the internet for movie reviews:

tl;dr: It's an average movie, not as bad as the trailers, not as good as its proponents want it to be, but doesn't live up to the original Ghostbusters. He also thought Hemsworth was the worst character, and McKinnon and Leslie Jones were the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    tl;dr: It's an average movie, not as bad as the trailers, not as good as its proponents want it to be, but doesn't live up to the original Ghostbusters. He also thought Hemsworth was the worst character, and McKinnon and Leslie Jones were the best.
    I'd have to imagine even most die-hard fans aren't expecting this movie to top the original. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, have been every since I was a kid in the 80's, but the first Ghostbusters is a classic - you're not going to top it. And that's ok. I'm hoping its entertaining (and a lot of reviews seem to indicate this), and excited that it could lead to more fun Ghostbusters stuff in the future.

Some of you have it mistaken.

In the beginning, no one was hoping this film would fail. They just didn't like the trailer. That's all.

The director , SJW types and the media along with Sony, twisted that into an anti female narrative. And morons ate it up.

Now people want to see it fail? NOT CAUSE THEY BELIEVE THE FILM US THAT HORRID, though most think it sucks from leaks and trailers, they want it to fail cause the entire marketing of this film has been about shitting on the very fans of the franchise.
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-07-13 at 07:28 PM.