Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The vast majority loved the new models and they will love the new animations.
    They both make the game feel more modern and they look way better.

Learn to deal with the fact that things change with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    people like you are the reason they ruined the orc female run
    Well, I do agree that the Orc Female run is just bad. What some people cling too in regards to this game is different than others. For the OPs it was the animations. Fair enough. It's prerogative to make this decision whether or not the rest of us agree or disagree. It's equally his prerogative to share that opinion here, as it is anyone's to rebuff that opinion. How we view our characters and the game is very important to a lot of people. Can't say I find it odd or even silly that someone would quit over this. I know a few who are quitting over the Cvar thing as well. I know just as many who don't care about those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

Some animations are totally a downgrade compared to the new ones. Especially male tauren and male nightelves.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xarko View Post
    My condolences to you and your family, OP. I hope you'll be ok soon.
    I nearly died reading this at work. Please be careful of your words sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    most retarded response i've seen, some people genuinely don't like the new animations and half of them are completely different to the original race they chose

psure if something you enjoyed changed and you didn't like the change you'd be complaining as well

what say do you have on other peoples opinions just because this change doesn't bother you
    Things change, that's how it works. You may like it or not.

Of course you are entitled to dislike whatever changes that may come, but opening a thread to throw a tantrum because your characters don't look as they did is childish

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Things change, that's how it works. You may like it or not.

Of course you are entitled to dislike whatever changes that may come, but opening a thread to throw a tantrum because your characters don't look as they did is childish
    No it's not. This is an OPEN forum about WoW. That is how open forums work, fuck it's how the internet works. If you don't like something you come post on it on MMOC or something like it. Either you come to defend or commiserate or both, your opinion. If you feel his opinion is childish you are of course entitled to debate that, but lets be honest here if you REALLY thought he was just being a petulant child why waste your time in saying so? It's not like petulant children (or people on the internet in general) actually listen.

Sounds to me like you just like being a contrarian, or at the least when someone elses opinion on the matter doesn't match your own you like draw attention to it while putting them in a negative light. In either case, cool, you do you, just own it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    I havn't looked back at the Old Models since WoD came out, and i been playing with them since February 2006.
    This is NOT about old models overall, this is only about animations. New animations are just unnatural for body mass and size.
    Whole body behaves like character is jogging, while legs behave like sprinting at full speed.
    I would perfectly happy with new char models with old animations.

As Garrosh would say.... Times Change

Deleted
    love how some people are coming in this thread just trying to find an argument because they can't stand that some people genuinely prefer the old animations, not just because of nostalgia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Can't handle change? Perhaps MMORPG's aren't for you.
    I can't even look at the old models without cringing these days, they're just so bloody awful!
    OP cant handle the change for the worse. His character looks silly to him. He has no problem when character is standing still. Only problem is running. Hope you can understand this difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    What?
    The old animations are ridiculously stiff and static. Does anyone move like that?

Honestly, if you are leaving wow because of a change like that, it means you've stopped enjoying it a long time ago.
    Obviously, you dont play a race affected with bad animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    No it's not. This is an OPEN forum about WoW. That is how open forums work, fuck it's how the internet works. If you don't like something you come post on it on MMOC or something like it. Either you come to defend or commiserate or both, your opinion. If you feel his opinion is childish you are of course entitled to debate that, but lets be honest here if you REALLY thought he was just being a petulant child why waste your time in saying so? It's not like petulant children (or people on the internet in general) actually listen.

Sounds to me like you just like being a contrarian, or at the least when someone elses opinion on the matter doesn't match your own you like draw attention to it while putting them in a negative light. In either case, cool, you do you, just own it.
    One thing is to express your opinion and another completely different thing is to cry and say you are going to quit because you can't keep your old animations

Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    love how some people are coming in this thread just trying to find an argument because they can't stand that some people genuinely prefer the old animations, not just because of nostalgia
    its a pretty standard reaction now, especially after the fuss over nostalrius - people who dislike new wow features are all secretly vanilla server enthusiasts and need to be argued against as much as possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

Vast majority? Lets see when people who never read forums and dont know whats coming on Legion launch say about this.
    I wont unsub over new animation, but I will probably have less enjoyment and sour taste in my mouth while looking at my character while questing.
    Might actually put a duct tape on my monitor where my character legs are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    I'd really love to know how much number of ppl who will quit just because they don't like how they character run or walk XD.
    If only one person leaves beacause of this, its a loss for the game overall. Making animation worse then they were is real shame.

I guess they did put so many resources in new animations and they couldnt withdraw them, just to justify those resources in front of bosses.

One thing is to express your opinion and another completely different thing is to cry and say you are going to quit because you can't keep your old animations
    Actually it's not. In this case it's both. Quite frankly, were I developer this is the kind of stuff I would like to know. Of course I would like to know it on a macro level as opposed to a micro level but it's still info. Whining aside, if they actually plan to quit the game then that is something I would want to know as a developer. Do you perceive it as just whining and crying? Sure, why wouldn't you. In the grand scheme of things this one opinion may not mean jack crap to you (which again begs the question, why bother replying?), fine. Feel free to debate it, feel free to be a contrarian (within forum limitations of course), it's your prerogative as much as it is his to complain in the first place. But simply calling him a whiner or childish is the pot calling the kettle black. When it doesn't come with some amount of constructive input it's just more of the same right?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it because they didn't feel like trying to fit the new animations over the old models I would guess. There are dozens of new combat animations that would have had to been specially made for old models. Out with the old, in with the new. I have a feeling next expansion they might remove the old models completely.

Deleted
    I also find the new animations of most races/genders to be fkin atrocious. (Models are great though)
    I did however find a few combinations that are good/decent. Human male, nightelf female and undead male. I will never be able to play anything but these. Limits my choice of class somewhat but it's a trade I am willing to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense to save development time and have the old models use the new skeleton as it cuts down time on making new animations from here onwards.

As mentioned earlier, they probably have the statistics on how many that use the old models. But if you can prove that enough people really do care, and I mean in like a change.org petition with thousands of signatures, you might make them change their mind.

Personally I'd just like to see them doing some revising of the new models. The same requests come up all the times. Female belves have googly death knight eyes, night elf male runs funny and apparently nobody likes worgen female.

I called no one nothing until I was regarded as retarded
    Ok...Not sure how that is relevant here at all. I said nothing about you swinging first or even that you SHOULDN'T swing. Just that your post also lacked any sort of constructive criticism as well. And lets pretend for one moment I did insinuate somehow that you threw the first insult, is insulting someone back a adult thing to do?

Listen, I get it. This is the internet and sometimes JUST to even get someones attention you gotta be a bit edgy. I am not saying don't do it. I am saying temper it with something that is constructive. I actually am in your camp. I don't think it's that big a deal. It doesn't bother me that much, nor do I believe it should bother others that much. As others have said it's the nature of the game for changes to happen. However I do realize that my opinion isn't everyone. Though if you are going to come post in a public form being constructive and not just whiny about your criticisms for a game (or another persons post) goes a long way to actually helping the intended party's see things in a different light.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-07-12 at 08:41 PM.

Allow me to make one thing perfectly clear:

In Tom Chilton's own words; if people didn't recognize their character and felt the need to return to the old model, then they had failed in regards to the model revamp project.

A lot of people are unhappy about the models and find them unrecognizeable for a lot of perfectly valid reasons, "better" or "worse" barely enters into it, if it wasn't faithfully recreated and people are calling them out on this then that is Blizzard's problem, not just the player... Especially since they're effectively undoing the "standard" they failed to meet with this new animation change... with no action or promise of addressing the concerns that some of us had with the new models to begin with.

Just consider that the next time you feel the need to barge in and belittle someone's complaints about the new models compared to the original ones. We're simply trying to hold Blizzard to their word (not that it's doing much...) , because this is one of WoD's features they can't pull the "well we didn't really promise" card.

They did make promises, they said they were going to retain the soul of the characters; "the same, but HD", which is obviously not the case with a lot of these models. Additionally they implemented an unfinished/uneven feature, with a few of the new models not being nearly up to par in terms of quality compared to the more polished races.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2016-07-12 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even still use the old models? That's the real question here tbh