Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Could this be the death of the "anal-move name here", "Murloc-movie title" and "Did Somebody Say..."
    spam that has occurred forever?

The end of the Non-Barrens Trade Chat. I never thought I'd see the day.
    I'm not really sure, they can be a laugh sometimes. Back when it first started many years ago I've seen some brilliant combos. These aren't really personal attacks though. Surely there's a difference between simply being a huge asshole to other people compared to some people who are having a little bit of fun in trade chat (I left trade chat a few times when it was too much, I didn't feel attacked, it was just too spammy, choice is yours to stay or leave).

This gets rid of asshats in some way. It's a great change and kinda makes me wonder how come nobody ever thought of implementing such a system before.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I can see with this is that it makes no mention of an exception for silenced players' being able to send mail to their other characters. For anyone who hasn't done something bad enough to be outright banned, I hope they're still able to exchange items among alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    What a dumb feature. You got ignore for that shit. Increase number you can ignore instead. This is pointless feature.
    Ignore treats the symptoms (and makes you as an individual feel better,) but it does nothing to treat the actual disease (being the attitudes of some players.)
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    They say "after an investigation", but here's me calling bullshit on that; there'll be no investigation, and it'll be left up to enough people reporting and that's it. Leaving punishments like this to people is about the stupidest thing you can ever do. All you need is one asshole ringleader and all the sheeple will go baah and follow suit.

"Target that guy! Report him!"
    "YEAH!"
    "AWESOME!"

Seen this so many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I'm not really sure, they can be a laugh sometimes. Back when it first started many years ago I've seen some brilliant combos.
    Oh I agree, sometimes they're funny. I remember in the day when some players would host lore trivia contests as well. Those
    were fun to watch (and educational too!)

this be really nice i like it but what happen if some friends or guilds dont like u troll report on u for noting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Welcome to 2016, where totalitarian societies are encouraged and freedom of speech is frowned upon! #policetheirkeyboard
    Free speech means u can say "i like trump and hate the other ones" and not be punished
    It does not protect u from the consequences from spamming "FUCK NIGGERS!" in tradechat all day
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Ignores actually are account-wide now. Just ignore one character and it'll ignore the rest.

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Ignores are account-wide (WoW license) now, as of 6.0.3. Our support articles were updated to reflect the new functionality.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16283669190#6
    It doesn't work both ways. If you ignore a character, yes that character gets ignored across your account, but it doesn't ignore the person you are trying to ignore whole account.

Deleted
    Well that sucks... Another fun element they take away ������.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    How when its "after investigation" only?
    lololololol. Let's see here...

Here's the official announcement for HotS which already has this feature implemented.

Following our next patch release, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive a silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...nalty-9-7-2015

...Yet how did that turn out?

In Heroes if you and others report a player they will get auto-silenced. Please report toxic behavior. System is working, please use it. =)
    https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/st...489504768?s=09

I want to be able to report mouthy NPCs like the orphans that yammer all the time around the auction house.

Deleted
    Well that sucks... Another fun element of the game they take away... Guess it's time to go passive aggresive on horrible players, hope they go mad and report them!! I see oppurtunities!!

The only downside to this is the CS forum on Blizzard's site will be flooded with angry "Muh freedom of speeches" posts when little 4chan edgelords get silenced for posting about Jews or whatever ethnic/racial/sexual slur they hurr hurr about.

Oh, wait, that will be hilarious. Adding popcorn to the shopping list...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So... You want them to protect the feelings of people that have a need to tell others they SUCK, rather than the ability to tell them how they can improve...?

Hah.
    It has nothing to do with feelings. It has to do with people who suck at this game, getting offended at someone saying "Wow you are pretty bad at this game, you probably should do X instead of Y" and then BAM, silenced.
    This is on par with the "safe zones" at universities because people are so pathetic anymore in life.

It astounds me how terrible some people are at this game, people don't even want to try anymore because the game is so pathetically easy. Which is why its not fun, and why there are less than 2million active characters in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    Well that sucks... Another fun element of the game they take away... Guess it's time to go passive aggresive on horrible players, hope they go mad and report them!! I see oppurtunities!!
    ^The exact attitude that needs weeding out.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Ignore treats the symptoms (and makes you as an individual feel better,) but it does nothing to treat the actual disease (being the attitudes of some players.)
    The disease is how terrible people are at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Indeed. You can't send invites silenced but you can send invites when silenced. Dafuq?
    I believe they meant "Unable to send party invites via calendar", since it says Send War Games invites which are sent via calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    It has nothing to do with feelings. It has to do with people who suck at this game, getting offended at someone saying "Wow you are pretty bad at this game, you probably should do X instead of Y" and then BAM, silenced.
    This is on par with the "safe zones" at universities because people are so pathetic anymore in life.

It astounds me how terrible some people are at this game, people don't even want to try anymore because the game is so pathetically easy. Which is why its not fun, and why there are less than 2million active characters in the game.
    It astounds me that people can be so simple that they're unable to form criticism without throwing in insults. The "wow you are pretty bad at this game"-part isn't needed other than to make you feel superior for a split second. It will still be more than possible to give constructive criticism and CIVIL pointers to the players doing things the wrong way.

It is about feelings, the feelings of people that get their sense of superiority from throwing childish remarks in a game at people that they deem inferior. Fuck protecting your feelings. To hell with your "fun" coming from being able to rage at people. Besides, if you're as good as you think you are, you shouldn't even be subjected to the bads in the first place...

This only confirms that those unhappy with the feature, are the exact sort of people that gave birth to the need for such a feature in the first place.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-12 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post

This has nothing to do with feelings or "because people are so pathetic".