Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well Alterac Valley is going to get a bit more boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It astounds me that people can be simple enough that they're unable to form criticism without throwing in insults. The "wow you are pretty bad at this game"-part isn't needed other than to make you feel superior for a split second. It will still be more than possible to give constructive criticism and CIVIL pointers to the players doing things the wrong way.

It is about feelings, the feelings of people that get their sense of superiority from throwing childish remarks in a game at people that they deem inferior. Fuck protecting their feelings.
    You must be a janitor.
    Boo hoo, people can't be told they are bad at something. Lets give them a participation trophy so they feel better.

The problem you are missing here is THERE IS A GIGANTIC VAST AREA YOU CAN LEARN TO GET BETTER ON IF YOU WANTED TO.

Its called the internet.

The fact people mindlessly play this game, don't even know how their spells/abilities work, face pull random shit. Stand in fire. and generally suck so bad at the game and pull 10-20 other people down because of it is pathetic. If you don't care enough to learn how your class works or the mechanics of the fight, then please don't play the game.

Blizzard has dumbed this game down so much that anyone with any semblance of wanting to actually do well can without much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post

Blizzard has dumbed this game down so much that anyone with any semblance of wanting to actually do well can without much effort.
    I see now, you're just another mindless drone getting his opinions of the game from certain has-been streamers that are too bad to handle the current top tier of content so they must tell everyone how "easy" it is, despite those actually partaking saying otherwise.

In other words, not worth taking seriously. You're the sort of person the feature is meant to weed out, and rightfully so.

It has nothing to do with feelings. It has to do with people who suck at this game, getting offended at someone saying "Wow you are pretty bad at this game, you probably should do X instead of Y" and then BAM, silenced.
    Reports aren't automatic and a single instance of "you suck" probably isn't enough to get you into trouble.

Nobody's going to get silenced because they constructively told some other players that they were doing it wrong. People who repeatedly talk trash are going to get a small slap on the wrist which will hopefully give them the motivation to improve their attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    lololololol. Let's see here...

Here's the official announcement for HotS which already has this feature implemented.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...nalty-9-7-2015

...Yet how did that turn out?

https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/st...489504768?s=09
    For how long tho? Just a match?

Damn, now I can't make Game of Thrones spoilers in tradechat next season

10+ Year Old Account
    The disease is how terrible people are at the game.
    So be constructive about it.

Instead of "You suck, get better!", try (politely) offering suggestions (maybe whispered if its a single person) to help them improve. If they respond with hostility, make it clear you're trying to help, if still hostile, then you stop offering help and you DON'T escalate.

Take some advice from Taran Zhu:
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    I really don't care, there are much better places to troll than wow. It's obviously open to abuse, but that would have to be a coordinated effort (unless it's only 3 reports or something).

It will be interesting to see if blizzard's CS will be up to the crazy report spam they'll be getting though, at least for the first weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    For how long tho? Just a match?
    It's the same exact policy they're implementing into WoW. Almost word for word.

So yes, auto-silence = 24 hr ban the first time. Want to appeal that? Well you gotta wait over 24 hours just to get your appeal seen.

Have fun being silence no matter what if you anger the trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

Instead of "You suck, get better!", try (politely) offering suggestions (maybe whispered if its a single person) to help them improve. If they respond with hostility, make it clear you're trying to help, if still hostile, then you stop offering help and you DON'T escalate.
    These people don't have the mental capacity to be constructive, and they battle their own sense of inferiority by attacking those that manage to perform even worse than they themselves are.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

Take some advice from Taran Zhu:
    Why?
    Why should i play a game for someone else?
    Why should everyone else in the group doing the right thing, play the game to get someone else loot?
    People should do their on research.
    People should earn the game, not have others tell them how to play.
    Its pathetic.

Why?
    Why should everyone else in the group doing the right thing, play the game to get someone else loot?
    Its pathetic.
    If you're such a good player, what are you doing in groups containing those kinds of players in the first place?

Deleted
    This shouldn't hurt anyone but toxic players, no need to be alarmed.
    I like this feature, tbh. I feel sorry for Blizzard though, think of all the false reports.

You must be a janitor.
    Boo hoo, people can't be told they are bad at something. Lets give them a participation trophy so they feel better.

The problem you are missing here is THERE IS A GIGANTIC VAST AREA YOU CAN LEARN TO GET BETTER ON IF YOU WANTED TO.

Its called the internet.

The fact people mindlessly play this game, don't even know how their spells/abilities work, face pull random shit. Stand in fire. and generally suck so bad at the game and pull 10-20 other people down because of it is pathetic. If you don't care enough to learn how your class works or the mechanics of the fight, then please don't play the game.

This has nothing to do with your elitism. If you say "You're a bad tank", that is not a punishable comment. This change is to combat the toxic comments in chat, the shit talking, the attacks, the slurs, the racism, and the spam. You're crying and whinging about something that isn't going to happen - it's hilarious that your precious little feelings are insulted by something you made up completely!

If a GM gets several reports that you said "Learn your class", nothing will happen. It's not "click report - player silenced". At all. But if you post "learn your fucking class you shitwit newb your father should have pulled out" (like elitist's like you do), then you'll get silenced if several people report you. And, they should, if you shit talk like that.

Just don't run your mouth and break the rules, and nothing will happen to you. But you're sweating this, because you know your mouth is going to get you in trouble, and i's easier to whinge about it here, instead of acting like an adult and watching what you say in a chat channel in a video game. Because that's so hard, amirite?

But you keep whining about how dumbed down the game is, like that has anything to do with the topic of this thread.

I think Blizzard might wish to consider allowing silenced players email themselves. One, it's a bit harder to verbally abuse yourself, two being an asshole to your fellow players isn't really a good reason to prevent you from mailing green drops, crafted goods, gathered mats, gold, and enchanted heirlooms to yourself.

Edit: to my knowledge I've never been reported for spam or abuse of other players. Except maybe that one guy who spent about 10 minutes telling me about what he did with my mother the night before. She's dead, so I don't think she cared and so I let him know I'm OK with necrophilia. He tried to back out and apologize, but I decided to troll him back for his corpse loving ways.
    Last edited by manypillars; 2016-07-12 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Reports aren't automatic and a single instance of "you suck" probably isn't enough to get you into trouble.

Nobody's going to get silenced because they constructively told some other players that they were doing it wrong. People who repeatedly talk trash are going to get a small slap on the wrist which will hopefully give them the motivation to improve their attitude.
    You know butt hurt nerds with their fedoras are going to report people for being "rude" its pathetic.
    The silence system will probably be automatic, just like it is in many other games.

People need to stop relying on others to police the system and just use the ignore feature if you want to live in your fairy tale world of walking into fire or doing terrible dps/hps or not using your ttanking abilities and thus wiping the group.

Look at how Archimonde is in LFR. Its pathetic the number of stacks that you can get so that blizzard lets you basically get free gear. It is disgusting.

Why?
    Its pathetic.
    You need them to get YOUR loot too, bub. It's a social activity. If you don't wanna interact with annoying other people, stick to world questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This has nothing to do with your elitism. If you say "You're a bad tank", that is not a punishable comment. This change is to combat the toxic comments in chat, the shit talking, the attacks, the slurs, the racism, and the spam. You're crying and whinging about something that isn't going to happen - it's hilarious that your precious little feelings are insulted by something you made up completely!

If a GM gets several reports that you said "Learn your class", nothing will happen. It's not "click report - player silenced". At all. But if you post "learn your fucking class you shitwit newb your father should have pulled out" (like elitist's like you do), then you'll get silenced if several people report you. And, they should, if you shit talk like that.

Just don't run your mouth and break the rules, and nothing will happen to you. But you're sweating this, because you know your mouth is going to get you in trouble, and i's easier to whinge about it here, instead of acting like an adult and watching what you say in a chat channel in a video game. Because that's so hard, amirite?

But you keep whining about how dumbed down the game is, like that has anything to do with the topic of this thread.
    You do realize, that this has been done in other games right?

Here is a blizzard game it was done in:

https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/st...489504768?s=09

Its auto silence, please learn before you speak.

You must be a janitor.

Its called the internet.

You see, you are perfectly in the right to criticize players. You are perfectly in the right to say "go learn to do this", and even to go nuclear and yell "CAN YOU STOP STANDING ON THE FIRE". That's okay. That's part of the game.

You are not in the right to tell people to kill themselves, to threaten their lives or to call them a waste of oxygen. That's how it already works. You are subject to a ban if you do these things. Calling people n***** faggots for playing bad, it's already a bannable offense.

What's changing is that they won't be bannable offenses, only silenceable(although death threats will probably still be bannable, as these are more serious). If people suck at the game, saying "you fucking suck you dipshit" isn't helping, isn't healthy and definitely is unwarranted. Saying "go read a guide" is fine. Saying "get out of this raid if you can't do this" is fine. Kicking people out of the raid for sucking is fine. Yelling how much people suck instead of trying to teach them is not. If you have nothing of value to say, say nothing at all - it's really not hard.

As a reminder, reports will be reviewed. They work just fine on HotS/SC2/Overwatch and will work just fine in wow. It's not about safe spaces, it's not about protecting people who are bad, it's about stopping people from talking shit when it is unnecessary.

Again, if you have nothing to add when talking in(public) channels, just don't do it. There is no point in cursing and harassing people. That's what this system addresses.

Look at how Archimonde is in LFR. Its pathetic the number of stacks that you can get so that blizzard lets you basically get free gear. It is disgusting.
    Ah, explains it. It's pretty damned stupid to bitch and whine about how easy the game has become and how bad people are, when you're partaking in the content aimed towards the lowest common denominator possible.