Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So damn true, to bad dps don't listen to that, and this forum actually supports such pathetic behaviour. I tend to do the "You pull, you tank, you die" mechanic. Helps that I always play together with a healer, so we can plan this accordingly
    Really outdated and childish approach to this game in 2016. We are talking about leveling dungeons guys. What is the point of trying to punish some one because they want get faster exp/hrs? You are acting like people pulling mobs are doing something wrong but if anything it's you doing that. Sadly this is what the game is now. The casual infestation has become very deep rooted.

PSA: The goal of the leveling dungeon is to complete it for exp. Doing this as fast as possible is the aim. Do whatever you can to make this happen. If some casual tank wants to stand around after every pull then leave him behind. If his casual healer buddy wants to not heal you then vote to kick him. You are there to complete the dungeon as fast as possible not be petty about how it's done.
    Now in mythic dungeons it's a totally different story. Don't pull anything you aren't asked to. The tank needs to set the pace around his cds
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Really outdated and childish approach to this game in 2016. We are talking about leveling dungeons guys. What is the point of trying to punish some one because they want get faster exp/hrs? You are acting like people pulling mobs are doing something wrong but if anything it's you doing that. Sadly this is what the game is now. The casual infestation has become very deep rooted.

PSA: The goal of the leveling dungeon is to complete it for exp. Doing this as fast as possible is the aim. Do whatever you can to make this happen. If some casual tank wants to stand around after every pull then leave him behind. If his casual healer buddy wants to not heal you then vote to kick him. You are there to complete the dungeon as fast as possible not be petty about how it's done.
    Now in mythic dungeons it's a totally different story. Don't pull anything you aren't asked to. The tank needs to set the pace around his cds
    Tough, levelling content should teach you some etiquette. I see the same behaviour in Mythic 5 mans.

I see every dungeon exactly the same, do you pull? You die. It's that simple. Don't want to die? Follow the role you were assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Do your job and have a full set of heirlooms.
    Said he was playing for only 3 weeks, so he doesn't have any.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter for leveling dungeons. A good dps can solo them.
    He's new to the game and no heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So damn true, to bad dps don't listen to that, and this forum actually supports such pathetic behaviour. I tend to do the "You pull, you tank, you die" mechanic. Helps that I always play together with a healer, so we can plan this accordingly
    Yep. If they can pull it, they can handle it. And my main healer is a skinner, so tank runs ahead... hope he's got pimp self heals like a monkey or dick knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Demon Warlock sounds like a badass class/race combo

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    No, recently, when i said before perks, i meant while leveling before 92+.
    Ah ok, thanks for clarifying
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Said he was playing for only 3 weeks, so he doesn't have any.

He's new to the game and no heirlooms.
    He can go buy some, hell if you're on stormrage or want to make a toon i'll just buy you some BoA gear. Literally makes leveling a faceroll.

this is true for levels 1-40 and mostly true for 40-60, after that youll be just wiping the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post

He can go buy some, hell if you're on stormrage or want to make a toon i'll just buy you some BoA gear. Literally makes leveling a faceroll.
    You can do that with toons that haven't had any? For some reason, i always thought there was some sort of pre-req for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't afk more than 5mins per dungeon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Do your job and have a full set of heirlooms.
    he's new to the game. The reading comprehension in this one is very weak

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    A lot of players go in without much understanding of how LFG work, and they make a lot of mistakes in their role and in common behavior. With that in mind, I've compiled a few pointers for certain roles and for dungeon divers in general:

-Communicate. I emphasized that word because it is so often ignored in PuGs. Silent dungeon runs are awkward, clumsy, and often catastrophic. Talk to your party when you need help, when you have a question or comments, or just to lighten the mood. When parties communicate, they work better and they have fun.
    Pay attention to /p and /s chat. Players can and will speak up if something is wrong or if they need something. Having the channel disabled or the chat window hidden is a poor excuse for a mishap.

-Need versus greed is a very serious matter, and should be respected without exception. If an item is up for roll, and it benefits you directly (your class, your stats, or your profession), you have the right to roll need. However, it is unfair and uncool to roll need on something that you don't actually need, potentially robbing another player of something they could use. Don't be surprised if you get vote-kicked for being a loot ninja. No one likes loot ninjas.

-Try your best to have fun. That's what most everyone is here to do. If a pull goes badly, if the group wipes, or if something else isn't quite right, don't get worked up. Raging , flaming, and quitting in a huff isn't fun for anyone.

Specific tips for DPS (Damage Dealers) :
    -Contrary to popular belief, you actually have two main jobs: deal damage, and don't make things difficult for the tank and healer. Stealing aggro, pulling extra mobs, and running ahead or away from the rest of the group makes you more trouble than you're worth. Watch your threat (preferably with an AddOn like Omen) and watch which mobs you attack.

-It's typically the tank's job to pull, especially in classic 5-man dungeons. Regardless of whether or not you can get to the mobs first, it's harder for the tank to get the aggro off of you then it is for him to just pull.

-Aggro on anything besides the tank is bad, but mobs hitting the healer is especially troublesome. While not really mandatory, a superstar DPS will make an effort to take aggro off of the healer right away. If you see someone wailing on the priest, target that bad boy right away and start wailing back. The tank can take the aggro off of you as soon as he's ready.

I hope this helps.
    This. Well thought out and explained
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    You can do that with toons that haven't had any? For some reason, i always thought there was some sort of pre-req for that.
    Yeah, I did it for my IRL buddy that just picked up the game a couple months ago. Although I recommend only getting the base ones at first and playing until 60. That way you'll know if you like the class at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah, I did it for my IRL buddy that just picked up the game a couple months ago. Although I recommend only getting the base ones at first and playing until 60. That way you'll know if you like the class at that point.
    My buddy who got me into the game did the same thing for me.

- - - Updated - - -

My friend is now showing me things to do so I can properly play dungeons. That way when I get to higher level dungeons and raids I will have a better sense of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Rule 1 for Dungeons and Raids: If it's on the ground, and you didn't put it there. Get out of it.

As i always say when people ask. Avoid Bad, kill adds and we /win!