Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Jaylock really does have inside contacts at Blizzard, or is psychic: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Toxic-Players

In all seriousness, I am mostly okay with this, except I am sure that toxic players themselves will abuse this (3-4/5 realm or guild group of tards in LFD abusing the report feature like they already do with kicking, anyone?), and that the mail restrictions are completely ridiculous. To other non guild players, sure, but even assholes need to be able to send their guildies items or mail gold to an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    Its auto silence, please learn before you speak.
    Different game. HotS limits reports to people you've played with so randoms can't just report spam if they don't like you, and it's safe to let automation handle it and just have an appeals process for the rare slip-ups. WoW's dealing with trade chat, so they have to individually assess reports because there's less restrictions on who can do the reporting.

You do realize, that this has been done in other games right?

Here is a blizzard game it was done in:

https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/st...489504768?s=09

HOTS also never promised that reports would be GM-reviewed like wow is. And even then, IF you were by chance wrongfully silenced, you can appeal the silence which will make it be (re-)reviewed and removed(including the accumulative timer) if you are in the right. Worst case scenario, you'll have 24 hours without talking in /2 and requesting duels. Oh the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Damn, now I can't make Game of Thrones spoilers in tradechat next season

Game of Thrones spoilers is considered treason with the punishment of being exiled from Azeroth for life.

You know butt hurt nerds with their fedoras are going to report people for being "rude" its pathetic.
    The silence system will probably be automatic, just like it is in many other games.

People need to stop relying on others to police the system and just use the ignore feature if you want to live in your fairy tale world of walking into fire or doing terrible dps/hps or not using your ttanking abilities and thus wiping the group.

Look at how Archimonde is in LFR. Its pathetic the number of stacks that you can get so that blizzard lets you basically get free gear. It is disgusting.
    "will probably be" it already says its after an investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron87 View Post
    I wonder how many people are going to go rant about the absurd restrictions now without ever double-checking the official source...
    a well founded prediction

Deleted
    This is the worst thing Blizzard has done to the game since LFR.

This is a splendid day for mature players. I'm so sick and tired of the hateful and toxic millennials.

Good.

Now I can feast on the tears of the trolls and assholes crying cause now they can't freely be a bunch of twats to other people. I mean, they still have to suffer being useless twats but that's all on them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    Why should i play a game for someone else?
    Why should everyone else in the group doing the right thing, play the game to get someone else loot?
    People should do their on research.
    People should earn the game, not have others tell them how to play.
    Its pathetic.
    Yes, they should learn to play correctly. They should learn how to pull their weight and contribute to their groups.

And, as veterans of the game, it is sometimes our weight to offer guidance to others.

And don't think I haven't been there. I've queued into LFR groups with 5+ determination. I've wiped repeatedly on fights and hit my breaking point. I've seen the kind of frustration that said players can cause. But I never let it impact how I treat people. I may lose some of my cheerfulness and adopt more pessimism, but I never allow myself to DEVOLVE into belittling, personal attacks. I AM BETTER THAN THAT. And you can be too.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This has nothing to do with your elitism. If you say "You're a bad tank", that is not a punishable comment. This change is to combat the toxic comments in chat, the shit talking, the attacks, the slurs, the racism, and the spam. You're crying and whinging about something that isn't going to happen - it's hilarious that your precious little feelings are insulted by something you made up completely!

If a GM gets several reports that you said "Learn your class", nothing will happen. It's not "click report - player silenced". At all. But if you post "learn your fucking class you shitwit newb your father should have pulled out" (like elitist's like you do), then you'll get silenced if several people report you. And, they should, if you shit talk like that.

Just don't run your mouth and break the rules, and nothing will happen to you. But you're sweating this, because you know your mouth is going to get you in trouble, and i's easier to whinge about it here, instead of acting like an adult and watching what you say in a chat channel in a video game. Because that's so hard, amirite?

But you keep whining about how dumbed down the game is, like that has anything to do with the topic of this thread.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

You do realize, that this has been done in other games right?

Here is a blizzard game it was done in:

https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/st...489504768?s=09

It's not auto silence, bring facts to a factual arguement.

Look at how Archimonde is in LFR. Its pathetic the number of stacks that you can get so that blizzard lets you basically get free gear. It is disgusting.
    The pre-invasion events, if they work on live, like they do the PTR will give you two ilvl 700 items for simply being in the zone when the event happens. You can literally stick your big toe in the zone and if you see the progress bar, you will get loot. You don't have to attack anything, just sit there and collect loot.

Also, you can go to Ashran, ignore what everyone else is doing and collect artifacts and that's right, get ilvl 700 loot the most you have to worry about is stumbling upon someone who kills your character, unless you're a rogue, druid or Shaman, then it's even easier.

So if you are wasting time in LFR for anything other than transmog gear, then you're just wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    This is a splendid day for mature players. I'm so sick and tired of the hateful and toxic millennials.
    Wouldn't making a general implication that millennials are toxic be toxic behavior as well? - A Millennial

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Wouldn't making a general implication that millennials are toxic be toxic behavior as well? - A Millennial
    The standards of behavior are not some obscure tome nobody has access to - you agreed to them when you installed the game. Go read the TOS - that's what you can and cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Can't wait to abuse this.
    Can't wait to see you get banned/silenced for abusing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The standards of behavior are not some obscure tome nobody has access to - you agreed to them when you installed the game. Go read the TOS - that's what you can and cannot do.
    While I agree with you, that doesn't address the point I was trying to make at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    This in and of itself is toxic behavior, having views that certain age groups are this and that is toxic and if displayed in game i sure as hell will report it now when we hopefully can get some of the tradechat nazis that think they are moderators of trade chat actually silenced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    So basically anything that was reportable/suspendable before is now Silenceable.
    Duh? I mean, really, that was pretty obvious to 99% of us from the get-go here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I think Jaylock really does have inside contacts at Blizzard, or is psychic: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Toxic-Players

In all seriousness, I am mostly okay with this, except I am sure that toxic players themselves will abuse this (3-4/5 realm or guild group of tards in LFD abusing the report feature like they already do with kicking, anyone?), and that the mail restrictions are completely ridiculous. To other non guild players, sure, but even assholes need to be able to send their guildies items or mail gold to an alt.
    Blizzard just executes what he talks about. He's our messenger and savior of MMO-C.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

This will result in those who do not have the same social/political/religious views as the "investigator" being punished. Better hope you get a good dice roll when the investigator is being chosen.