Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    With Liberty and Anarchy for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's why you go with option 2b. You barricade/section off the people who want the rule of crime from the people who want order. And ignore them when they want out.

I definitely wouldn't want to be in an area with zero cops. But I'd love to study how fast things degrade.
    So, build a wall? I believe someone else in the thread made the Arkham City comparison. Even older: Escape from New York. That doesn't work either. It might be interesting to watch from a sociological standpoint if you could stomach the fact that, unless the vote was 100% unanimous, innocent people would be hurt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The police need to be demilitarized in general
    Just the opposite, we need to make sure they have the best equipment for neutralizing dangerous groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Lets just remove them from the bad neighborhoods and let them police themselves. Pull an arkham city and build walls around them. Then take bets on how long till the people are screaming for the police to come back.
    I know this is a joke, but that approach is just as ignorant. For every racist black man/woman standing with a megaphone shouting supremacy shit on the street, theres hundreds of other black people wanting the crime to stop and the supremacists to piss off

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Just the opposite, we need to make sure they have the best equipment for neutralizing dangerous groups of people.
    They don't need tanks, nor do they need to view citizens as enemy combatants.

It is such a stupid remark. This is the problem now in an instant online world, any lunatic can say what they want. I say for the sake of us all the media needs to use restraint and common sense in giving idiots air time. Just because these kind of idiots have a thought, doesn't mean the media needs to report it.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    They don't need tanks, nor do they need to view citizens as enemy combatants.
    I don't think Chicago needs a battle tank in particular, do they have one?

I saw that lady earlier today, lmao what a joke. U can really demilitarize the police until u remove the reason they need to be. It's not like demilitarizing them will all of a sudden cause ppl to get in line.

I'm of the opinion that the public need to chill out and we need to hire more cops, give them more training and better equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I don't think Chicago needs a battle tank in particular, do they have one?
    It was just hyperbole. My point was more the second part of that.

Although, I do remember reports of some small town police departments getting access to retired military vehicles to protect against terrorism. It doesn't really matter. The police are not the military, they have different roles and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Did you ever watch Twitch Plays Pokemon? That's what's wrong with Anarchy. Sure, democracy took more time, but it was really the only way through certain parts.
    Anarchy isn't a bunch of single nerds protected by a fake name behind a computer screen. This day and age I don't think it works though, not with complex economics.

Deleted
    I don't think Jessica has any fucking idea what she's talking about and has no grasp of what society today would be like without a police to maintain order.

We should send her in some lawless countries to see what the reality is when groups fill the power vacuum. "Community" won't do jack shit.
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2016-07-12 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    It's really not right to assume that alternatives aren't possible. Maybe they have some good worked out alternatives in mind already, but it's hard to relay all that in a media interview isn't it? It takes a lot of public PR and such to make your stance clear on those matters.

Anyhow, alternatives are always a possibility.
    Name one, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    I know this is a joke, but that approach is just as ignorant. For every racist black man/woman standing with a megaphone shouting supremacy shit on the street, theres hundreds of other black people wanting the crime to stop and the supremacists to piss off
    Then they should get off their asses, grab their own megaphone and start screaming about that, because that's a movement that will actually gain massive support from everyone that isn't a total piece of shit. Instead of allowing these absolute jokes to continue running amok, creating a narrative that they can't even follow and destroying any positive image of the respectable black person. What a shock, it's black people doing more damage to black people. Time to blame more whites!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Um what. The concept of anarchy is exactly represented in that posters post. Did you think anarchy is somehow a product of who practices it? Of course a bunch of nerds can engage in anarchy. wt actual fuck are you talking about lmao.
    This was your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Did you ever watch Twitch Plays Pokemon? That's what's wrong with Anarchy. Sure, democracy took more time, but it was really the only way through certain parts.
    Please explain why it isn't relevant.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should give it a try. Have the police refuse to go into certain problematic neighbourhoods if they're hated so much then we'll see just how much black lives really matter to the thugs and dealers they'll be begging for the police back.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Then they should get off their asses, grab their own megaphone and start screaming about that, because that's a movement that will actually gain massive support from everyone that isn't a total piece of shit. Instead of allowing these absolute jokes to continue running amok, creating a narrative that they can't even follow and destroying any positive image of the respectable black person. What a shock, it's black people doing more damage to black people. Time to blame more whites!
    Those people are just regular people with jobs and lives that don't need to justify their existence to you. They don't have the time or inclination to protest. It's only black people doing damage to black people because you assume loud people speak for a whole ethnicity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    You wouldn't really notice much tbh.

Cops only tend to do some 'investigations' -after- bad things already happened. And the big majority of cases they 'investigate' get classified as unsolved.

Could easily do with a much smaller more efficient set of units.

Get some AI to understand the humane spirit of the law, instead of the draconic letter of the law and you're good to go.
    Indeed. There's this perpetual myth that cops investigate crimes. For every 1 major crime that gets a detective assigned to it, there's 2000 other crimes that get put into the unsolved folder.

All they do is write the paper work so that insurance companies can pay for the damages for loss or destruction of property.

That said, American cops are by far the worst in the western world. I would've liked to say 'the world' period, but in Africa and parts of Asia the cops just rob, rape and kill you on the spot where they find you, so I guess there's still some catching up to do for the boys in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Indeed. There's this perpetual myth that cops investigate crimes. For every 1 major crime that gets a detective assigned to it, there's 2000 other crimes that get put into the unsolved folder.

All they do is write the paper work so that insurance companies can pay for the damages for loss or destruction of property.

That said, American cops are by far the worst in the western world. I would've liked to say 'the world' period, but in Africa and parts of Asia the cops just rob, rape and kill you on the spot where they find you, so I guess there's still some catching up to do for the boys in blue.
    You must not be an American to say such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    What? I honestly have no idea what your saying dude. SO now your supporting that quote when before you were against it? Of course that quote makes sense. Twitch plays pokemon was a perfect analogy. Anarchy failed so they implemented democracy and succeeded. Herp de durr. COmmon sense that humans figured out in ancient greece. Yet some how the more "advanced" we become the more we see failed abolished ideology rearing there ugly head from uneducated people.
    You're scrambling desperately to label. I said I don't think it'll work in this day and age, and anarchy is one of the most misunderstood concepts today. If you're soooo educated on the subject, you should know there's been anarchy's that have been successful for a time, and it's surely not as simple as complete chaos like most people seem to think. The word anarchy's meaning is debated to this day.

They should do it ala Escape from New York style.

Yeah no more police and sure you get no more deaths from Police but then you'd have no businesses to go to work to and you live in fear from other people stealing your stuff or much worse.

This is just a stupid knee jerk reaction without actually thinking about consequences of what would actually happen. But then that is kind of the issue isn't? People doing things without actually thinking about the consequences of their actions? All made possible by victimhood culture.