Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Conversely, this tool will just be a way for SJWs, Trolls, and Communists to silence whoever they target. As long as there is a legitimate investigation (which I HIGHLY doubt) than we've not much to worry about though.
    Pretty sure they are going to use the same system we already have for banning people - so, since I havent heard anything about people getting banned just for having a dumb opinion, I think that wont really be an issue in the future.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I highly doubt they'll have an actual human being look into every case before handing out a punishment. It'll most likely be automated because it's way cheaper.
    I'm pretty sure they will. But it will most likely need a substantial amount of reports for it to trigger to prevent it from being abused. Let's say it need 30 reports, then Blizzard get notified and then they'll look into the matter. There is no way you'll get silenced the same day you start spamming.

Awful idea. The game doesn't need MORE antisocial tools. Wow is in desperate need of getting people to talk, make friends, & build in game communities. It doesn't need to give people weapons to silence other players. Huge thumbs down.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Holy shnaps batman, reporting someone will actually maybe do something now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Awful idea. The game doesn't need MORE antisocial tools. Wow is in desperate need of getting people to talk, make friends, & build in game communities. It doesn't need to give people weapons to silence other players. Huge thumbs down.
    How is spamming chat with nonsense social? If anything it'll make the different chats more useful since you'll be able to see people looking to trade etc.

It's not like they are starting a dictatorship here were you're only allowed to speak when spoken to. They want to get rid of gold selling spammers etc.
    Last edited by babyback; 2016-07-12 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    No... no you didnt. You started by stating blizz thinks. Ill stop you right there, because I wasn't talking about wow as clearly mentioned in my post. You responded to a post literally saying that what I said did not apply to private spaces like wow but rather the world. So, if you did read it you struggled to understand it clearly.
    I know what I wrote thanks. That was an answer to your first sentence which said "...they have an equal right to speech as you". In your second sentence you contradicted yourself said "maybe not in WoW" Perhaps you should have removed your first sentence if you did not want to talk about WoW? So what you said about WoW did not apply to WoW?!? Riiight....

Oh, and throwing around insults without comeback does not apply to world.

As I said I did read it and it was rather unfortunate.

Deleted
    Best thing since sliced bread.
    Well done Blizz well done

I wonder whether the "investigation" will actually go beyond an index of naughty words and search for context. Time will tell I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

World of Warcraft offers many opportunities to engage with other players in a variety of ways and to help support positive experiences in these engagements we wanted to inform you of a new silence penalty we will be implementing with the pre-expansion patch for Legion. Depending on the type of report, players who are found to be abusive in chat or engage in inappropriate chat behaviors may be silenced from engaging in certain ways within the game.

The Silence Penalty
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.

Silenced Players Are Unable to:
    Talk in Instance Chat (Raid, Party, and Battlegrounds)
    Talk in global channels that are auto joined (such as General or Trade)
    Create Calendar Invites/Events
    Send in-game mail
    Send Party Invitations
    Send War Game Invitations
    Send Invitations to Duel
    Update a Premade Group Listing
    Create a New List for a Premade Group

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    Whisper to friends (both WoW friends and Battle.net Friends)
    Reply to Whispers from Non-friends
    Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)
    Create Parties and Raids
    Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
    Share Quests

The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

Silenced players will be receiving a notification when attempting to send a message to a channel in which they have been restricted.The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

By using the in-game report tool to identify players who may be engaging in inappropriate interactions within the various channels, you’ll be helping create the type of community we all want to take part in.

Source
    From the wording it seems this will be implemented in 7.0. I love this new policy and I like that the penalty will be perpetually increased. I hope they don't back down on any of it. This has been needed for a long time.
    Reading it seems like it is directed mostly at people that like to fill chat with nonsense... you know the guys that just troll chat, and try to incite the community.

Does this also include calling someone a "cunt"?

I mean lets be real. If some doucher is harassing you, or purposely following you around tagging shit you need... he deserves to be called a cunt... and provoking someone to lash out, shouldn't fall under "chat abuse". Even if it does violate terms.

so you admitted to a lack of reading comprehension while reading my post and then continued to insist you understood it oh, wow 12 yos never change.
    I can see that you are likely to become well acquainted with this new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I find the idea interesting, there are alot of people I could see go on this list. I have logged out because of assholes spamming bullshit, several times, in like a pug raid...
    But the filter seems quite hard to manage in my mind...
    So, while I follow your reasoning, I'm not quite on your thumb level, as I see the toxic people as a reason people don't talk/make friends...

Yea, I loving this change. The butthurt in strong in this one.

This really hits people where it hurts. The exponential ramping up of the bans is great. I'm sure there are people out there that didn't mind a day or so ban, but this could get crazy. If I understand it correctly, if you are silenced for a 6th time, your silence would be 32 days. Hell the in game mail thing would be the worst I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the idea.

Imagine trade chat with people actually selling and buying items, advertising professions, and being helpful.

trollers beware, lol

If gamers are not willing to /ignore players chat they dislike, I seriously doubt they will go through a similar "effort" to report them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A "decent way" being ways you find acceptable?
    It means acting like someone should, whom is above the age of 20

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    If gamers are not willing to /ignore players chat they dislike, I seriously doubt they will go through a similar "effort" to report them.
    /ignore is limited, and doesn't block whole accounts. This will stop gold farmers, and people selling shit for cash on trade as well.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    /ignore is limited, and doesn't block whole accounts. This will stop gold farmers, and people selling shit for cash on trade as well.
    and while /ignore doesn't cover everything. Gamers will still very likely not go through the trouble. If they can't be botherd to use /ignore. I highly doubt they will worry about reporting chat in a similar way why waiting for blizzard to review if it's a worthy "silence" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    and while /ignore doesn't cover everything. Gamers will still very likely not go through the trouble. If they can't be botherd to use /ignore. I highly doubt they will worry about reporting chat in a similar way.
    If you know that one might be silenced on an account wide level people will go out of their way to report people. Ignoring has no consequences, but reporting will.

As much as I hope they will actually go pretty hard on this I also think it's scare tactics to a degree. When people know there's a report function that might get them banned/silenced there will be people who behave better. Not all, but some.

A good change overall.

The only downside is that the truly funny things will also be gone/punishable.

Like that Orc picture bug a year ago:

"Something need doing??" loool.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    A good change overall.

The only downside is that the truly funny things will also be gone/punishable.

Like that Orc picture bug a year ago:

"Something need doing??" loool.
    This is exactly what this new rule is for. People are blowing this out of proportion and think some might get silenced for the typing a few sentences. The rule is to prevent third party spamming and crap like that Orc head.

If you're one of those Orc spammers. Well, sucks to be you then if you keep it up.