Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the % of black guys of the total black population being criminals is higher than the % of bad cops out of the total number of bad cops. Can we abolish black people?

Not being racist but that's the logic I see out of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    That's all fine and everything but likewise they can't expect people to differentiate them from the others if they wish to not exercise their voice,. It goes both ways. They can absolutely be apathetic to the struggle as can we when it comes to seeing their existance
    No, it does not go both ways. You can call the loud ones ignorant and make judgments about those people specifically based on their individual words and actions. To make judgments about an entire group of people because they don't feel the need to speak out every time a person who looks like them says something dumb is just fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only an idiot or a criminal would wish for that.

Jessica is a dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I think the issue we have with policing would be resolved by tripling or quadrupling the number of police officers. The problem isn't that they pull over blacks too often. It's that there's not enough of them, such that they have to focus on the bad neighborhoods and use profiling to be most efficient in their duties.

Imagine if everyone who was speeding (not recklessly) actually got pulled over. If everyone with tail lights being out got pulled over. Right now, they only use those laws to pull over people who they believe may fit a profile of someone who may have something else outstanding on them. This makes sense when your job has an endless amount of laws to uphold and prioritizations have to come into play.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-07-12 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point in even giving people like that a second of attention. The police aren't going anywhere but more oversight is welcome

Rofl, strongarm anti gun zone wants to go anti police too, those criminals would turn into megavultures overnight.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a retard.

The solution is simple. disarm the police and give them safety whistles instead.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Anarchy isn't a bunch of single nerds protected by a fake name behind a computer screen. This day and age I don't think it works though, not with complex economics.
    People also think anarchy means everyone is happy because everyone does what they want, but true anarchy never lasts long. Someone always rises to power and subjugates everyone else, as evidenced by the entire history of our species.

Anarchy never works because people want different things, and many of those things aren't compatible. With no authority at all, people who want to walk their dogs run into people who want to rape every dog they find. People who try to farm their own food run into people who want to kill other people and take their food instead of working to produce their own.

In these situations only those who are strong and band together can survive and thrive, and they do so by making rules and forcing others to follow them. And thus the cycle continues, as it has since neolithic times.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-07-12 at 06:32 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I think they should give it a try. Have the police refuse to go into certain problematic neighbourhoods if they're hated so much then we'll see just how much black lives really matter to the thugs and dealers they'll be begging for the police back.
    I can't say I'd be against this. Either that or have some of the BLM people participate in the ride along program in these neighborhoods. Let them see what happens on a shift in those neighborhoods.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Then they should get off their asses, grab their own megaphone and start screaming about that, because that's a movement that will actually gain massive support from everyone that isn't a total piece of shit. Instead of allowing these absolute jokes to continue running amok, creating a narrative that they can't even follow and destroying any positive image of the respectable black person. What a shock, it's black people doing more damage to black people. Time to blame more whites!
    Ehh, no.

These people out in the streets now are gagging for a reason to riot. The fastest way to do that is to put a bunch of order loving folks onto the street to completely contradict what the BLM supremacists say.

The people who are going to solve black crime rates is the black community leaders. Supremacist groups always love to throw their peoples problems onto an easy target, like the police or white people, just like the KKK did to the blacks, Nazis did with the jews, and so on.

As for BLM, we really just need the police to crack down on that shit. Its a terrorist organisation from every definition of the word. It seems however that you can only be a terrorist if you're Islamic or a lonely white guy with mental issues. Otherwise, society just conveniently does the pseudo equality shuffle and changes terrorism to "activism"

Seriously.

Here are some definitions of terrorism. You tell ME if they are or not.

- the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
    - the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal
    - Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping
    - Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law

Now i'll give them this: They haven't lowered themselves to kidnapping just yet. Other than that, they've pretty much fit every possible definition of terrorism.

How about we coin a new term, "ethnic terrorism." If we're going to call a man running into a building, shouting "Allahu Akbar" and blowing himself up Islamic Terrorism, then chanting "Death to cops" while a sniper attack on cops occurs around the same time with motives "To kill cops, white cops specifically" should, by all means, warrant the name "ethnic terrorism"

I've said this well over a dozen times now, I say it every time I see the latest riot or what not that these 'activists' start, and i'll say it again - Why the ever loving fuck are people so god damn obsessed with their skin colour?

I shake my head at them the same way I shake my head at Neo-Nazis, The Black Panthers, the KKK and every other group of morons that are obsessed with what pigmentation their mother and father had. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I definitely wouldn't want to live in a city that abolished it's police force.
    Well when the NYPD went on strike the Crime rate went down.

So I don't know. Maybe there's method to the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Well when the NYPD went on strike the Crime rate went down.

So I don't know. Maybe there's method to the madness.
    no police to apprehend criminals or report crime = crime rate decline

Well you can say whatever you want of course, but it won't sway my opinion. Them speaking out against it would... so we can argue "in a perfect world" all day, but I stated reality, for myself at least, and I could be swayed by a moderate voice from the community I absolutely could, and i'm sure there's a lot more like me Only seeing the crazies and wondering why more arnt trying to stop them from tarnishing their name.
    That assumes black people are a monolith and one person or small group of people can actually speak for the whole. It's a silly idea and you would never accept the same for white people. You accept that white people are diverse with different ideologies and, living in a primarily white country, there are enough leaders of various sorts that you can always find one guy to speak out against anything. Even if it's just the one guy, your precious little world view is safe. Meanwhile, black people are only about 18% of the country. There are conservative black leaders, but they are often ignored until it is convenient to stop doing so (for either ideology). So what you want is largely already out there, you just don't care to see it. Or maybe you want massive protests against the protests. That's not going to happen. People that don't protest are largely politically inactive due to lack of time, differing priorities, or simple apathy. Those are the people you want to counter protest, and they, quite simply, never will. The best part is that you don't even care that your standards are unrealistic. You've made up your mind and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by thugnikka View Post
    no police to apprehend criminals or report crime = crime rate decline
    They were making arrests "Only when they absolutely had to"

http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/arrests...n-of-two-cops/

So Clearly they were making arrests before when they didn't have to.

But I guess when Prison is profitable that's what happens.

If it's debated to this day then no one really "knows" what it means. I was simply going based on the most commonly written about and perpetuated definition. If this definition is false we should contact webster because there's an entry in their for it, and the description of it in there is very undesirable.
    Websters A, and B defintions don't sound bad at all. Like i said this day and age no way. If everything goes kapoot, and we start over again, then maybe there could be a time where anarchy could happen decently again. Most humans had little hierarchy before the advent of agriculture, and interestingly enough the smaller groups present were egalitarian. Can people be equal in an anarchy? Well, not according to the insecure democracies we have today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    You wouldn't really notice much tbh.

Cops only tend to do some 'investigations' -after- bad things already happened. And the big majority of cases they 'investigate' get classified as unsolved.

Could easily do with a much smaller more efficient set of units.

Get some AI to understand the humane spirit of the law, instead of the draconic letter of the law and you're good to go.
    Rofl, and you don't think crime numbers will rise exponentially with an absence of any form of justice?
    Or do you actually think that is something a "community" could uphold?

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Websters A, and B defintions don't sound bad at all. Like i said this day and age no way. If everything goes kapoot, and we start over again, then maybe there could be a time where anarchy could happen decently again. Most humans had little hierarchy before the advent of agriculture, and interestingly enough the smaller groups present were egalitarian. Can people be equal in an anarchy? Well, not according to the insecure democracies we have today.
    True anarchy isn't possible. Not in the long term. Hierarchies always form. People derive power from something. It's simply a question of what you would be replacing democracy with.

We already see what happens in a city when police actively stop doing investigative stops and proactive policing in Chicago. Think how it would be if you removed police completely. These community leaders need to start leading their communities and clean up the bullshit within the community and stop blaming ALL cops for their problems.
    Police officers that do stupid shit like the Laquan McDonald murder need to also be held accountable for their actions.