Thread: New hero - Ana

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I can't help but get a Zenyatta vibe from her, she feels like a sorry excuse of a healer. Sure, she'll have her uses like every other hero, but she's definitely not going to be a top tier.
    I think she's going to be awesome. She can 1on1 anyone thanks to the sleep-dart making flanks on her harder, she has 200 hp, she can heal at range (probably doesn't matter where you hit, body, head)

She has Ult support, she heals faster than Mercy (which is the worst healer anyway), can deny heals and boost 2nd healer heals.
    Her set sounds very good. She'll go well with a Lucio imho, much better than Mercy anyway (I hate it that she's basically a ultimate-only character).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-12 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Two things came to mind:
    First in that picture of the younger overwatch team it had two people I couldn't recognize on the far left and far right, If Ana isn't Sombra could the woman on the right be Sombra? Maybe the big guy crouching down on the left is the big red robot guy that we have seen in some of the early art. The guy in the top right here.

Second, I'm hoping for an origins type skin for her as well. Maybe eventually we can get the entire crew back together with enough of those skins.

Update -- post above answers the second point.
    If you go on the PTR then you'd see that one of the epic skins are actually Sombra with the triangle recticle infront of her face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    Looks like a aggressive support.

Having to target someone to heal is a really clunky mechanic for this kind of game so she's going to be VERY poor in that regard (unless headshot healing is OP as hell or something).

However her damage seems a bit crazy, the Blizzard demonstration implies she'll do 80 damage per shot (3 shots taken Reaper to near death so assume 240 damage) and she can apparently 1 shot a Widowmaker with a headshot according to the youtube trailer video.

Preventing healing can be a very powerful mechanic but I don't think it's going to be too effective in this kind of game. It will be very powerful if it somehow rolls over to "prevents Resurrection" as well because Mercy's Ult needs a serious nerf/counter.

The sleep thing is gonna be very strong.

Her ultimate is too early to call. If it's like the video and it turns Reinhardt into a unstoppable Juggernaut who can 1 shot a 300 HP Bastion then it's ridiculous overpowered.
    You can't headshot, her damage is dot applied, same with healing, they just deal damage/heal over ½ a second. Her ultimate gives damage boost, speed boost and damage reduction. Also, you're not forced to scope in to shoot, her accuracy is 100% during hipfire too (Shock rifle lovers from UT <3)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post

Also, you're not forced to scope in to shoot, her accuracy is 100% during hipfire too (Shock rifle lovers from UT <3)

That's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I think she's going to be awesome. She can 1on1 anyone thanks to the sleep-dart making flanks on her harder, she has 200 hp, she can heal at range (probably doesn't matter where you hit, body, head)

She has Ult support, she heals faster than Mercy (which is the worst healer anyway), can deny heals and boost 2nd healer heals.
    Her set sounds very good. She'll go well with a Lucio imho, much better than Mercy anyway (I hate it that she's basically a ultimate-only character).
    Well KrayZee, I have news for you: You're about to hate(or love)Mercy a whole lot more!

Mercy

Caduceus Staff
    Damage Boost
    Bonus damage increased from 30% to 50%
    Effect will no longer stacks with bonus damage provided by another Mercy

Resurrect
    Ultimate charge cost increased by 30%
    Movement is no longer prevented during activation
    Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    So excited! Her kit looks sick and I love her backstory. She doesn't appear to have any active movement abilities but she was perched on that wall. She may have the wall climbing passive then.

Her voice reminds me of Shohreh Aghdashloo's voice from The Expanse (and a bunch of other stuff).
    I'm almost certain it is Shohreh Aghdashloo. I only heard the first few words of the origin story video and paused it, because I recognized that voice. She has the perfect voice for a character like this: kind and caring one second, cold and calculating the next.

Another Expanse fan here.

edit - After watching both trailers, it's definitely her.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2016-07-12 at 07:50 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

15+ Year Old Account

mercy is garbage in the hands of garbage players. I'm assuming you're either one of them or were grouped with them too often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    Well KrayZee, I have news for you: You're about to hate(or love)Mercy a whole lot more!

Mercy

Caduceus Staff
    Damage Boost
    Bonus damage increased from 30% to 50%
    Effect will no longer stacks with bonus damage provided by another Mercy

Resurrect
    Ultimate charge cost increased by 30%
    Movement is no longer prevented during activation
    Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use

Oh yeah, just watching some streams and I was about to look up all the changes.
    These changes are actually really cool. (the damage bonus, that is)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    mercy is garbage in the hands of garbage players. I'm assuming you're either one of them or were grouped with them too often.
    Your positioning depends to at least 80% on your teammates, even your mobility and "escape routes" do. She isn't healing for a ton either and the 30% dmg boost is nice but mediocre. Zenyatta is actually *much* better. If he had 200 HP and Mercy a less strong ult (that is extremely boring to use tbh, she would be like Zenyatta currently... dead)
    Even on high level streams and tournaments I see her die very often and easily. She's the main focus due to her ult and she has barely any ways to escape or survive, in some cases, she doesn't even show herself anywhere near the battlefield... because her Ult is *that* important.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-12 at 07:34 PM.

Two things came to mind:
    First in that picture of the younger overwatch team it had two people I couldn't recognize on the far left and far right, If Ana isn't Sombra could the woman on the right be Sombra? Maybe the big guy crouching down on the left is the big red robot guy that we have seen in some of the early art. The guy in the top right here.

Second, I'm hoping for an origins type skin for her as well. Maybe eventually we can get the entire crew back together with enough of those skins.

Update -- post above answers the second point.
    The guy on the left looks as Asian as it gets in Overwatch graphic style, so it must be Liao, the last OW founding member that's not in game and we don't know anything other than name about. The girl might be Sombra, might be a red herring, or might just be a setup for distant future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    Looks like a aggressive support.

Having to target someone to heal is a really clunky mechanic for this kind of game so she's going to be VERY poor in that regard (unless headshot healing is OP as hell or something).

However her damage seems a bit crazy, the Blizzard demonstration implies she'll do 80 damage per shot (3 shots taken Reaper to near death so assume 240 damage) and she can apparently 1 shot a Widowmaker with a headshot according to the youtube trailer video.

Preventing healing can be a very powerful mechanic but I don't think it's going to be too effective in this kind of game. It will be very powerful if it somehow rolls over to "prevents Resurrection" as well because Mercy's Ult needs a serious nerf/counter.

The sleep thing is gonna be very strong.

Her ultimate is too early to call. If it's like the video and it turns Reinhardt into a unstoppable Juggernaut who can 1 shot a 300 HP Bastion then it's ridiculous overpowered.
    Yes, preview video. If I remember well, during the big preview video where you saw everyone for a couple of seconds, everyone was one-shotting everyone. Not much fun to see someone having the attack 3-4 times to kill someone.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

15+ Year Old Account
    btw do we have to switch between dmg and heal shots?

Deleted
    btw do we have to switch between dmg and heal shots?
    You don't have to no, same mechanic applies to the Grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    She doesn't strike me as a useful hero.
    Her ability to completely negate heals looks to be extremely useful. She is basically a hard counter to Roadhog and I bet you can use that grenade on Zenyattas teammates during his Ultimate to negate the heals there as well (probably best to throw it and tell your team whom to attack, obviously), especially if you look at the buff they are giving his Ultimate on the PTR her ability to negate heals will be very useful against it.

Or use it on Mercy's target and nuke them down....ect ect. Basically it's this ability alone that is going to make her extremely useful.
    Last edited by Keile; 2016-07-12 at 07:33 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

These are not different people.

<There was an image here, but apparently I need to post more first. Just get the picture of Sombra's face and Ana's face side by side, she's missing the mask but the rest of the outfit is identical, all the way down to the yellow mark on the collar.>

And if you're wondering about why she's called Ana and why she doesn't have the mask at all, I'll say she was doing stuff in Dorado and didn't want to be identified (before she decided to be a hero again). Now, she is coming back to help people and has dropped the alias. Easy peasy. So to everybody yelling "I told you so", and you know who you are, please stop.

EDIT: And while I'm typing this out we get the skins. GG.

EDIT 2: After more research, this is less clear. Not that anything is confirmed yet. The main point of my post stands.
    Last edited by Caaethil; 2016-07-17 at 02:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, just watching some streams and I was about to look up all the changes.
    These changes are actually really cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Your positioning depends to at least 80% on your teammates, even your mobility and "escape routes" do. She isn't healing for a ton either and the 30% dmg boost is nice but mediocre. Zenyatta is actually *much* better. If he had 200 HP and Mercy a less strong ult (that is extremely boring to use tbh, she would be like Zenyatta currently... dead)
    Even on high level streams I see her die very often and easily. She's the main focus due to her ult and she has barely any ways to escape or survive in some cases, she doesn't even show anywhere near the battlefield... because her Ult is *that* important.
    none of the reasons you provided makes mercy a bad healer. Widowmaker and Hanzo also have to watch their positioning and are countered by divers such as D.Va and Winston, Winston can also kill Lucio if Lucio is left unprotected. Even Zenyata is really squishy and can be instantly killed if he is focused on provided he doesn't have his ult. but these heroes are not BAD by themselves, OW is a team game and you rely on teamwork to survive. this implies to all heroes save for a few.

Mercy is the best focus healer atm provided you have a good frontline and a secure backline, she struggles only in koth matches because of the constant flanking opportunities that enemies have when they want to secure the objective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You don't have to no, same mechanic applies to the Grenade.
    Her grenade has 2 functions?

Two things came to mind:
    Maybe the big guy crouching down on the left is the big red robot guy that we have seen in some of the early art. The guy in the top right here.
    The dude crouching looks more like the guy in the far left of the picture you linked. Notice they both have a mohawk.

Also the big red dude is supposed to be Soundquake. The kid in the intro cinematic mentions him having chest missiles and you can clearly see 2 yellow missile pods on his chest.

As for the unknown female hero in that flashback, she reminds me a lot of Lucio. Her belt and Lucio's is quite similar. In fact give her roller blades and she'd totally look like a female Lucio.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-07-12 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pumped to try her out.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    She appears to gain the blue targetting assist outside of scope. Could make healing with her pretty straight forward when she's closer and just has to put her skill pants on when she's at range and needs to snipe heal.

Also, her Shrike skin...so sick. Wearing it all day everyday.

Aye:

Ana tosses a biotic bomb that deals damage to enemies and heals allies in a small area of effect. Affected allies briefly receive increased healing from all sources, while enemies caught in the blast cannot be healed for a few moments.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Heals allies and buffs healing received in area of effect then also damages and negates healing on enemies.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Heals allies and buffs healing received in area of effect then also damages and negates healing on enemies.
    awesome