Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    As long as it isn't automatic, i hope that it doesn't get abused much. But blizzard also silence players who abuse the mechanic itself
    But the question is what counts as abuse, different people see spam, etc different. I report any cross faction achievement trading and some obv spam in trade. Still goes on.

Deleted
    Yes! It's about time! After all this time, Blizzard are finally doing something about unpleasant players, which unfortunately today consists of 80% of their player base (statistic may or may not be factually accurate).

To anyone who is worried about this system, it just proves that even you yourself know how big of an ******* you are. If you're not a complete ****, you've got nothing to worry about.

To use the example of PuGs, there is absolutely no excuse for insulting other players when they die. To me, those types of players are the lowest type of players, and don't deserve to play an online game with others. Insulting other players doesn't magically make them not die. Throwing insults around does not help any situation whatsoever, it just shows what an immature moron you are. When players die, it's an opportunity for them to learn from their mistakes and be better next time. Not to be bombarded with insults and ridicule because they are human and can make mistakes.

And the ignore function is not good enough at all, hence why this system is being put in place. If someone insults you, and you add them to your ignore list, then they just move on to insult someone else, and they'll carry on insulting others. There are no repercussions with the ignore system. Toxic players don't get punished. However if they are silenced, then they can't carry on insulting others. That's why the ignore function was useless, and this system was much needed.

Now if only there was a way to fix the easily, and constantly, abused vote kick function...
    Last edited by mmocd822a99f32; 2016-07-12 at 07:28 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how they define "abusive"

If I can't call people out for being shit or retarded anymore I'm going to be sad :-(

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ahunter8056 View Post
    Yes! It's about time! After all this time, Blizzard are finally doing something about unpleasant players, which unfortunately today consists of 80% of their player base (statistic may or may not be factually accurate).

To anyone who is worried about this system, it just proves that even you yourself know how big of an ******* you are. If you're not a complete ****, you've got nothing to worry about.

To use the example of PuGs, there is absolutely no excuse for insulting other players when they die. To me, those types of players are the lowest type of players, and don't deserve to play an online game with others. Insulting other players doesn't magically make them not die. Throwing insults around does not help any situation whatsoever, it just shows what an immature moron you are. When players die, it's an opportunity for them to learn from their mistakes and be better next time. Not to be bombarded with insults and ridicule because they are human and can make mistakes.

Now if only there was a way to fix the easily, and constantly, abused vote kick function...
    This may be true but it also sounds like it's coming from someone who sucks :-P

I hope its done in a way where the person silenced doesn't know. Like a shadow silence. So they just get even more mad when they think people are ignoring them.

I have seen people get upset over the dumbest shit in this game and I'm glad they are doing something about it.

Haha I can think of probably 30 people on my server who will probably never speak again in game. This is gonna be great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Absolutely necessary.
    And what has happened in the 5 days since you posted this about taking action against spammers:

"No. Silly idea.

All this would do is segregate players further, even if they just uttered a single word some arbitrary rule dictated as "toxic", and only end up driving players away from the game even more.

While I can see the intent in it trying to improve interactions, it would do nothing of the sort in the long run.

Being offended gives you no special rights, either."

Ah yes Blizzard have announced it. The perils of being a fanboy that knocks down any idea that isn't official Blizzard. Maybe you should start trying to have an independent thought in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by zechz View Post

If I can't call people out for being shit or retarded anymore I'm going to be sad :-(
    If you intend calling someone out as being bad, then do so with a reason why you think that is.
    And it can be done constructively, unlike your example of "retarded" which is exactly the sort of thing that would get you reported.
    If people are going to complain others suck and then do nothing positive towards it, then nothing will change.
    Not saying anything is your fault, but if they don't listen to good advice then it is theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm looking forward to this. Trade chat might become half tolerable again. Maybe low level pugs might even be worth doing!

Deleted
    So you can still whisp to your wow friends, so if I want to insult someone I just add his chaacter to my wow friends list (which is not reciprocal) and weeeee!

Amazing system...

Deleted
    This may be true but it also sounds like it's coming from someone who sucks :-P
    No, it's coming from a decent human being. My level of skill in the game has nothing to do with it. I don't personally get insulted, but I see raid members insulting other raid members in pretty much every single raid group I join. However if someone did have a problem with how I'm playing, then giving constructive criticism is perfectly acceptable and appreciated. Telling someone "you're a fucking idiot, someone kick him" is not acceptable at all.

Please do grow up. If someone is not playing optimally, there are plenty of ways to give them constructive criticism, and give advice on how to play their class better. You should definitely not resort to "you're shit, fuck off". If you do, then you absolutely deserve to be silenced. If you speak that way to others, why should you deserve to talk to others in the first place? It's absolutely disgusting behaviour.
    Last edited by mmocd822a99f32; 2016-07-12 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because stuff like this worked wonders for LoL.
    LoL is f2p, no one cares if you get banned cause 5 mins later you are back with your toxic behaviour, all you need is another email address and 5 mins time.

It's a whole different case when you do it on a game where you pay for it and you might have invested 10 years in a character and having a prospect of being silenced all the time and loosing a big part of your ''privileges''.

Also LoL is even toxic af amongst the big streamers and stuff, so watching asshats breeds a pool of asshats, that game is beyond saving in a form of community.
    On WoW you get the occasional LFR rager or trade chat troll but its still miles above LoL in terms of being a community you can save with something like this, and those you can't save will just get silenced

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Got a response from a GM on what abusive is:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Things that break our code of conduct and are reported.

Like cursing.
    Spamming.
    Harassment.

This isn't just an automated system, our Game Masters will review under the same rules they always have.
    So basically anything that was reportable/suspendable before is now Silenceable.
    I have to say I've been playing WoW for 10 years now - and I've never gotten a ban or even a warning once. I've sworn plenty of times on trade / chat / in groups - I've yelled at a few people (nothing ever racist or homophobic) - and I've been directly critical of their playstyle - again, without being overly vulgar. I can't imagine what you have to do to get banned - or how much you have to stir the shit pot - I don't see the average player having any issues with this. I know I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    So you can still whisp to your wow friends, so if I want to insult someone I just add his chaacter to my wow friends list (which is not reciprocal) and weeeee!

Amazing system...
    Yup , and keep doing it while he takes screenshots and makes a ticket of harassment and you get a way bigger punishment.
    Oh wait, you didn't think that far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    From what I hear the lists have been switched accidentally which means that we can finally start silencing these idiots who keep spamming trade chat with boosts all day. Hope everyone does that so that these idiots can fuck off. Well done blizzard!
    No offense, but that's actually the point of trade chat.

It's not the general chat.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I can't wait for people that say "anal [link]" and "did someone say [thunderfury]" to get silenced. I've been reporting spam on all of them, glad to know they will get consequences. Trolls belong under bridges, not in the general populace.

Best change ever. I have grown sick of the toxic and hate filled community. Finally a way to slowly put an end to it all.

Noe let us hope they extend the silence to the WoW forums as well. Then maybe we can finally have some intelligent conversations on their again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    I can't wait for people that say "anal [link]" and "did someone say [thunderfury]" to get silenced. I've been reporting spam on all of them, glad to know they will get consequences. Trolls belong under bridges, not in the general populace.

There is an addon called Bigboy that has done this for years. It uses keywords you add..I have not seen this type of spam including gold selling spam in a very very long time. This change will make these people go away for everyone.

Blizzard do not PvP. At all. Now I am sure of it. Those boost spammers are one thing, and being in a random BG party is something else. Flower sniffing squirrel molesters in crappy gear will report you for words like "noob", "learn to play", "stop queuing for BG you green geared bum" and so on. I suggest that Blizzard guys also add a possibility to punish players that play bad. Like hunters, for using their aspect of the pack at Ashran and random BG, players that do nothing, deal no, or next to no damage/healing. Really, try to play at russian random BG. Every single player swears at it! Even if we are winning. Because russians swear all the time even if they are happy. So I think those mutes are a bloody joke and an insult to the player community. If you want to mute spammers - thats fine by me. If you want to mute players that swear - I'd like to remind that there is a built in language filter and I suggest that those pussies start using it.
    Last edited by megaurko; 2016-07-12 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post

Amazing system...
    Then you will get reported again and this time you will be silenced for twice as long...

Is it really worth it doing that then? I think not. This will make players think twice before doing shit like this.