Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation What the hell is Blizzard doing with helmets?

EDIT: THE FOLLOWING BUGS ARE NOW LIVE. THANKS BLIZZ FOR LISTENING TO OUR FEEDBACK AND BUG REPORTS. /sarcasm

Currently in the beta hundreds of helms are bugged. Blizzard used some kind of automatic program to "fix" some clipping issues and they didn't notice that a lot of appearances are not working as intended.
    Some of them have wrong textures, others are poorly positioned, others are way bigger or way smaller. Either way all reports are being ignored.

Here is a partial list with some of the bugged helms, taken from reports on reddit and the official forums:

*Conqueror's Crown
    http://i.imgur.com/f1VMlYf.jpg
    (In some races it looks totally white)

*Deathmantle Helm
    http://i.imgur.com/AgUzHlE.jpg
    (Doesn't cover the nape)

*Demon Prince's Ascendant Crown
    http://i.imgur.com/T6eo19O.png
    (It's way smaller on some races)

*Primal Gladiator's Dragonhide Helm
    http://i.imgur.com/3vurZhi.jpg
    (It's way smaller)

*Darkfang Mask
    http://i.imgur.com/oMe334Q.jpg
    (Wrong color)

*Vengeful Gladiator's Felweave Cowl
    http://imgur.com/a/05gaz
    (Wrong position + clipping)

*Primal Gladiator's Helm
    (Instead of covering the eyes it covers the forehead)

*Bloodfang Hood
    (The red eyeglows are bigger and sometimes disappear.)

*Judgement Helm
    (Way narrow, dwarfs' noses clip through it)

*Helm of Might
    (It's way smaller on some races, causes a lot of clipping)

*Conqueror's Kirin Tor Hood
    (Doesn't show your character's hair)

*Demonkiller Mask
    (Red instead of blue)

*Springrain Headpiece
    (The eye particles are different)

*Chieftain's Headdress
    (It covers the eyes instead of the forehead)

*Deathmist Mask
    (Way narrow, characters's noses clip through it)

*ALL ENGINEERING GOGGLES
    (some of them are way biggers, others way smaller, others are above the eyes, etc.)

*ALL EYEPATCHES
    (they are too far away and don't cover the eyes)

And the list goes on and on and on...
    ¿Do you think Blizzard is going to fix it before release? If you want to help, please make a thread on the official forums. Lets get it fixed soon.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MarilynMaelstrom; 2016-07-19 at 07:14 PM.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

I'm sure they're ignoring it.

Deleted
    You can add Scourgelord's helm (dk t10, all colour variants) to that list too. Blood Elf ears poke through them in Legion and they don't do that on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Make sure you cross-post it to the official Legion Bugs forum as well - all this information would be good for the Devs to have on hand.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Can we add the Stupid bug on human females for the Cursed visions of sargeras? It looks like crap its like half way down their nose.

this isn't a legion bug but jesus its awful

Deleted
    The AQ40 warrior helm has no textures in beta, it's completely white

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably partly due to the people in charge of the modeling/animation department are unqualified for their job.

They fail miserably at skeletal attachments and spent all their budget on the stupid facial animations.

They probably changed blanket model value across the board for "new stuff" and it ruined pre-Legion stuff.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I am sure that with all the problems they are having with disconnects, zones going world server down, bugged quests, and class abilities broken... your ears sticking out of your helm is just not a high priority right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    MM it's being working on right now, it will be hotfixed for 7.0.3 or IN 7.0.3 - I have the twitter post here somewhere, but Blizzard was working on some stuff, that stuff should be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    The AQ40 warrior helm has no textures in beta, it's completely white
    fucking racist hat.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    fucking racist hat.
    lolo! geesus haha

OT: I'm currently looking through the twitter feed, it's fucking massive, for the reply - but it may take me forever so.. here's the link: https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs?lang=en

Somewhere in there is the reply to someone talking about the exact same thing OP. Hopefully I helped maybe a little (

Pretty sure they said they were doing something with models on Beta to adjust helm sizes a while ago, but I don't remember seeing an update since. This either implies the tweaks are unfinished or something else. Not sure though. I'll try and find the post.

I remember they disabled helms for a bit because they were working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Can we add the Stupid bug on human females for the Cursed visions of sargeras?
    Ironically it was fixed in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Pretty sure they said they were doing something with models on Beta to adjust helm sizes a while ago, but I don't remember seeing an update since. This either implies the tweaks are unfinished or something else. Not sure though. I'll try and find the post.
    When the beta started everything was working fine. They said they were going to fix some old clipping issues and disabled helmets for a few builds. When they enabled helmets again this problem started.
    Since then the only item they fixed is the Gronnstalker's Helmet.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I am thinking they actually fixed the way, way oversized helmets from live. I've been playing with helmets off since WoD, because they look so weird.

Well.. I mean..

I'm guessing the fix didn't quite work with every single helmet.

Build 22217 flagged as release candidate and this is still bugged. Warlords crap all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Well.. I mean..

I'm guessing the fix didn't quite work with every single helmet.
    Since they made that post they bugged more helms than they fixed. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Since they made that post they bugged more helms than they fixed. lol.
    Yeah, it seems to have made things a bit worse in many ways.

It's better for human males now. Can't speak about other races although I do prefer that elf ears always show. It's always weird when they're cropped, it's not like they can be folded without excruciating pain and damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    This is probably partly due to the people in charge of the modeling/animation department are unqualified for their job.

They fail miserably at skeletal attachments and spent all their budget on the stupid facial animations.

They probably changed blanket model value across the board for "new stuff" and it ruined pre-Legion stuff.
    WOOOOOOW someone must have applied at blizzard art team and got declined... god danm man

also yeah there are a few helms that mess up on HD models in wod so i am glad their fixing them, but yeah each one they fix, another 2 break...

for example on female humans the nemesis helm the chin and nose poke out http://www.wowhead.com/item=16929/ne...hots:id=458337

for example!

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Zephostopkek View Post
    You can add Scourgelord's helm (dk t10, all colour variants) to that list too. Blood Elf ears poke through them in Legion and they don't do that on live.
    Working ass intended. Blood elf ears and eyebrows are the sharpest substances in the universe and will pierce anything.

ANYTHING.