Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    I don't know what this is supposed to mean
    Really?

It means we take the people other countries cast off because that's what we do. It's not about making the country less safe. It's about the ideal expressed there.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Really?

It means we take the people other countries cast off because that's what we do. It's not about making the country less safe. It's about the ideal expressed there.
    It leads to being less safe, you are aiding to that if you accept it
    Good intentions but naive in what it causes?

Again, you don't assume that all immigrants bring sunshine and roses. You punish the guilty according to the law. I'm not naive at all. I don't believe in turning whole groups away because some of them are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    The U.S. has accepted immigrants for hundreds of years and we became the world's greatest superpower at one point in time. In great part due to those immigrants. We're not naive. We take the outcasts and give them hope for a greater life. That's what that inscription means.

Again, you don't assume that all immigrants bring sunshine and roses. You punish the guilty according to the law. I'm not naive at all. I don't believe in turning whole groups away because some of them are bad.
    You are increasing the crime by doing that, it's too late when they commit a crime, you can't undo that

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you ignored the latest BKA statistics? Oh wait, they are lying, i forgot. Wait if they are lying, how do you know there is overrepresentation?
    Because these 26% are about somalians who are already established in the country, not the refugees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The U.S. has accepted immigrants for hundreds of years and we became the world's greatest superpower at one point in time. In great part due to those immigrants. We're not naive. We take the outcasts and give them hope for a greater life. That's what that inscription means.
    Except in most cases you have taken the cream of the crop. From countries like India you essentially steal the most educated that could actually do good in their original countries. You rarely took the outcasts.

There is a big difference with immigrant and refugees

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Because these 26% are about somalians who are already established in the country, not the refugees.
    Wait, is this about swedish stats? Look we´re talking about germany here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wait, is this about swedish stats? Look we´re talking about germany here.
    We're talking about the situation overall of crime in Europe now, with Sweden and Germany being the worst examples since they took the most.

You are increasing the crime by doing that, it's too late when they commit a crime, you can't undo that
    Crimes are committed every day. Nothing stops that. There are shitty people everywhere. There are also good people everywhere, and there tend to be more of those even though we dwell on the bad exclusively. This is what my country is supposed to be about. I have no desire to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

No there isn't. Refugees are just more desperate immigrants.

Crimes are committed every day. Nothing stops that. There are shitty people everywhere. There are also good people everywhere, and there tend to be more of those even though we dwell on the bad exclusively. This is what my country is supposed to be about. I have no desire to change that.
    If you can't separate the good from the bad then you shut it down to protect your own people

10+ Year Old Account
    We accepted Jewish refugees in WW2. Still worked out.

In reality refugees are supposed to be there temporarily, but why would they go back when they can live without working the rest of their lives?

We accepted Jewish refugees in WW2. Still worked out.
    Because Jewish people living with european traditions is the same as people coming from places with completely different cultures.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-07-12 at 09:06 PM.

Immigrants are moving due to job opportunities, it's the better educated or they move for marriage
    Refugees are fleeing from war, that is a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Well someone has to pay the price of feels good politics and cheap unskilled labor.
    Most of them don't even find employment, that's the pathetic part of the "cheap labor" argument. It creates more consumers for the economy and more votes for the party that wants to give out free shit to everyone.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Except in most cases you have taken the cream of the crop. From countries like India you essentially steal the most educated that could actually do good in their original countries. You rarely took the outcasts.
    You have an excuse for everything. "Except in most cases you have taken the cream of the crop.". You and I both know you just made that shit up. And everyone knows that you're only interested in the anti refugee narrative. Quit being a typical passive/aggressive internet outrage pawn. Im sure your day is consumed with trying to find confirmation of your twisted biases. But don't be so arrogant. You never know when you're going to be the one in an extremely desperate situation with nowhere to turn and looking for aid.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

In reality refugees are supposed to be there temporarily, but why would they go back when they can live without working the rest of their lives?
    In the US, they can't stay for free. Only citizens are eligible for social services for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You have an excuse for everything. "Except in most cases you have taken the cream of the crop.". You and I both know you just made that shit up. And everyone knows that you're only interested in the anti refugee narrative. Quit being a typical passive/aggressive internet outrage pawn. Im sure your day is consumed with trying to find confirmation of your twisted biases. But don't be so arrogant. You never know when you're going to be the one in an extremely desperate situation with nowhere to turn and looking for aid.
    It's not an excuse. Most people going to the US from other countries are very educated, more so than the native population. Quit being a naive tool.

In the US, they can't stay for free. Only citizens are eligible for social services for the most part.
    The north european model is built on welfare. And they know very well they abuse this.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-07-12 at 09:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We're talking about the situation overall of crime in Europe now, with Sweden and Germany being the worst examples since they took the most.
    So you haven´t read the BKA release. Keep ignoring reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Immigrants are moving due to job opportunities, it's the better educated or they move for marriage
    Refugees are fleeing from war, that is a huge difference
    Immigrants don't always move with a job in mind. My grandparents came here because of opportunity, that's all. It worked out for them.