Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Arek Milik staying in Ajax at least till next transfer window (winter break). Milik and Ajax have agreed to decline all transfer offers till then.

(Probably because Ajax lacks a striker seeing as Huntelaar stays in Schalke and youngster Sam Hendriks moved to Go Ahead Eagles)
    Let's hope for Ajax that Milik actually scores a lot in the first half of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Let's hope for Ajax that Milik actually scores a lot in the first half of the season.
    Kinda need him to do good. There's really no alternative unless that young Colombian turns out to be ready right away which I doubt.

10+ Year Old Account

Supposedly this top isn;t going down too well. I don't hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite impartial to it. Don't really like the stripes that much but besides those, there is nothing wrong with it. Have seen way worse.

Much prefer:

Deleted
    0-0 HT Lincoln Red Imps FC vs Celtic.

They look like a pub team... (Celtic that is)

- - - Updated - - -

1-0 to the Gibraltar guys...

Deleted
    That golden spurs shirt gave me eye cancer.

And I thought the skidmark main kit was bad.

the colors looks too much like Arsenal's away kit last year

Deleted
    Used to have this one

But had it nicked from my bag in the locker rooms. Fucking gutted at the time.
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2016-07-12 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bodgers, lol.

Deleted
    Poor old Brentan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

Supposedly this top isn;t going down too well. I don't hate it.
    That Hull Badge looks a bit weird

Deleted
    What thread do we use to make fun of Celtic now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    What thread do we use to make fun of Celtic now?
    I'd be happy if we used all the threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Mourinho wants to sign Fabregas. Please, just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    From playing in the second Dutch league, to playing at a top club in the PL in merely a year.

Also, absolutely mad that they managed to get that much money out of him. Ajax would just let him go for 15 million and be done with it.
    It is not good that young players like that get paid so much money and all in all they haven't done anything worth while.
    It is destroying so many things that football once stood for, its capitalism's game ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Apparently Mourinho wants to sign Fabregas. Please, just no.
    It must be quite annoying to be linked to virtually every available (and quite a few unavailable) players every transfer window if you're a fan of a BPL club.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    It is not good that young players like that get paid so much money and all in all they haven't done anything worth while.
    It is destroying so many things that football once stood for, its capitalism's game ....
    Vincent Janssen doesn't get paid that money. However, I agree with your sentiment. Dutch league football is pretty much ruined as a result of the outrageous transfer fees, and salaries in some other leagues in Europe but there is nothing much to be done about it. Both the Spanish league and PL attract way more viewers, and thus more money from television rights and sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Vincent Janssen doesn't get paid that money. However, I agree with your sentiment. Dutch league football is pretty much ruined as a result of the outrageous transfer fees, and salaries in some other leagues in Europe but there is nothing much to be done about it. Both the Spanish league and PL attract way more viewers, and thus more money from television rights and sponsors.
    Which is sad, I always liked the dutch football league. I remember watching Eurosports European football overview religiously just to get a few pictures of the Dutch league. PSV and Ajax are great teams that really should get a lot further in the CL than they currently do. Heck, I don't even know who the top dogs in Dutch football are now.

Edit: And how could I forget Feyenoord. Just looked up last season's table.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Which is sad, I always liked the dutch football league. I remember watching Eurosports European football overview religiously just to get a few pictures of the Dutch league. PSV and Ajax are great teams that really should get a lot further in the CL than they currently do. Heck, I don't even know who the top dogs in Dutch football are now.

Edit: And how could I forget Feyenoord. Just looked up last season's table.
    Ajax and PSV are pretty much the two top teams at the moment. Feyenoord is coming back from some financial problems luckily. Just below the top are Vitesse and AZ.

It's not so easy to analyse the problems in the Dutch league (beyond losing all our talents). I think partly our tactics are outdated. We like to play attacking football in the Netherlands and well that doesn't work so well anymore yet Dutch top teams religiously stick to 4-3-3. A bit of change is coming in that though, PSV played very mature football last champions league and was unlucky against Atletico.

Additionally, we lack world class defenders but defending in the Netherlands has never been a focal point. The Dutch football association is now trying to change that mentality. Similarly, the question has a risen should we get rid of total football, possession football hasn't been very successful lately and even Spain is struggling with it. It requires a near perfect squad like Barcelona to pull it off. Change has to come to Dutch football, and it probably will, but it won't happen soon, nor do I think a Dutch team will win the CL or Euro league unless some structural changes happen in transfers and salaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It must be quite annoying to be linked to virtually every available (and quite a few unavailable) players every transfer window if you're a fan of a BPL club.
    It's mostly a Man Utd thing, you get so used to it that you forget it doesn't happen with other teams. Probably more annoying as a Dortmund fan having your best players linked with Bayern every window; and the rumours being right.