Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    No one's forcing you to use the group finder tool. If you can't play nice with everyone then maybe you should just play with your friends if you have any. That way you'll never have your time wasted "carrying," other people...
    Or they can get rid of Cross realm zone and Bring back the community that you people desperately want. We can begin to Blacklist bad players and people like you again so we don't have to bother with you ever again.

You can cry to Blizzard about how you never got to experience raids because you didn't have people to carry you past the first tier.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2016-07-12 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this can volcano into a permanent soft-ban from public chat channels for players who can't take the hint. About damn time Blizzard started showing people without the most baseline of interpersonal skills the door.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'm not kidding anyone. I was there and experienced it. The community was factually more mature and more social due to how the game was structured. The biggest thing was no Paid Name Changes and (for a time) no Server Transfers. That made each community its own entity where you only succeeded by building up your own player reputation by acting like an actual human being (skill, professions, personality, etc). Do you disagree?
    People will just say that you have "rose tinted glasses and a bad case of nostalgia" and have no idea wtf you're talking about. The world we live in.

Absolutely the kind of people this system will punish are the ones who made this game great. It will also obviously punish the Chinese... which is fine. Fuck the Chinese. Not as a people, mind you, just as gold farmers.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    It's hardly hyperbole. It was often that exact reason people cited for colonizing and slave trading.

If players don't want to experience negative players, they should push for a broadened feature system for the current ignore list. Right now I can think of at least a number of things off the top of my head:
    Longer ignore list
    Account wide-ignore feature on all of your characters and against all of theirs (basically just Account A ignores Account B)
    LFR/PvP/LFG queueing exclusion
    Invite/Duel prevention
    Basically everything they said the feature would do, will do, but only for you
    No, it was hyperbole.

People don't want to spend their spare time around rude assholes and gaming companies are finally waking up to this. As a result they are not going to develop systems that allow assholes to continue being assholes. Either assholes stop being one or they'll soon find that they are only welcome in single player games.

ITT: a lot of people on MMO-C are going to be dealing with silence penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    ITT: a lot of people on MMO-C are going to be dealing with silence penalties.
    I think you might be right. It is a shame that it will not carry over to here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Or they can get rid of Cross realm zone and Bring back the community that you people desperately want. We can begin to Blacklist bad players and people like you again so we don't have to bother with you ever again.

You can cry to Blizzard about how you never got to experience raids because you didn't have people to carry you past the first tier.
    Awfully presumptuous of you to call me a baddie or "NEWB," or whatever childish insult you prefer. No way in hell could you ever carry or out-play me, trust me. Anyway, I love how your only argument against the silence penalty is that it won't allow you to be a toxic player. Maybe it's time for you to find another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And yet League of Legends had its most successful year ever last year with revenue reportedly hitting $1.6billion.
    Blizzard also had increased revenue this year, too bad half the players stopped playing.

You should feel bad for using that as an argument.

"investigation" aka an algorithm will look at what words you used and decide your fate automatically.
    Working on my next ban.

I think this is a good thing. If people can't be polite and mature others shouldn't have to deal with their toxic behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Awfully presumptuous of you to call me a baddie or "NEWB," or whatever childish insult you prefer. No way in hell could you ever carry or out-play me, trust me. Anyway, I love how your only argument against the silence penalty is that it won't allow you to be a toxic player. Maybe it's time for you to find another game.
    You finding me saying "people like you" as toxic just further shows that you and countless others have no reason to have the power to get someone silenced.

Thank you for proving the point I was making that fragile people like you don't need a way to Police video games.

No, it was hyperbole.

People don't want to spend their spare time around rude assholes and gaming companies are finally waking up to this. As a result they are not going to develop systems that allow assholes to continue being assholes. Either assholes stop being one or they'll soon find that they are only welcome in single player games.
    Explain to me, please, how it is hyperbole when it is exactly the same argument? I didn't fabricate, tailor it, or embellish it to make my point, you used the same rhetoric as people who historically oppressed many millions of persons.

You're argument is now; either people do as I wish them to or I will enforce my new liberal PC power over them in order to subjugate them into silence or force them to abandon this game. You, sir, are a fascist and it's really delighting me to point it out to you.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Repeatedly spamming the trade channel should not be allowed imo. Spam it once every 30 minutes? Fine. But every time you can post again? No.
    That's not Toxic behavior. It's annoying at best.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Blizzard also had increased revenue this year, too bad half the players stopped playing.

You should feel bad for using that as an argument.
    Revenue did not increase last year. I am not sure what you think why half the players stopping playing is relevant to the introduction this system.

OK, will do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    Explain to me, please, how it is hyperbole when it is exactly the same argument? I didn't fabricate, tailor it, or embellish it to make my point, you used the same rhetoric as people who historically oppressed many millions of persons.

You're argument is now; either people do as I wish them to or I will enforce my new liberal PC power over them in order to subjugate them into silence or force them to abandon this game. You, sir, are a fascist and it's really delighting me to point it out to you.
    It is not exactly the same argument. This similarity exists only in your mind.

No, my argument is not that at all. What do you mean by new liberal PC power? Do you honestly think that not wanting to put up with assholes is new? Or liberal?

You have the choice grow up and act like a decent person to others or find another game. It has nothing to do with fascism.

This is exactly the biggest issue I have. Newbs are going to abuse it for getting called bad/kicked for being umm 'unskilled'.
    No. LOL. Here's how it will go:

>player does nothing in pug and gets carried
    >gets kicked and told to shape up because said player is not getting carried
    >said player cries and reports raid leader
    >GM reviews report, discards it as it's not a violation of the TOS.
    >Life goes on.

Nowhere in Blizzard's post is it said that any report will result in an infraction and silence, and, in fact, it states that it will be reviewed upon multiple reports. One report, from a butthurt player? No silence. 7 reports, from a member of a PUG, reporting the tank for calling everyone "Lazy motherfuckers"? Infraction, when the GM verifies he typed it in the chat. If you think people will be silenced without the offending statements or words being verified in the chat, you're just stupid, naive, and hopeless.

So many chicken littles today, running around sniveling that the sky is falling, making up what's going to happen. It's amazing to watch you guys pull this right out of your asses and snivel and cry - I can't help but think you're upset because you'll have to watch your mouth in-game now, and you don't like that one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    No. LOL. Here's how it will go:

>player does nothing in pug and gets carried
    >gets kicked and told to shape up because said player is not getting carried
    >said player cries and reports raid leader
    >GM reviews report, discards it as it's not a violation of the TOS.
    >Life goes on.

Nowhere in Blizzard's post is it said that any report will result in an infraction and silence, and, in fact, it states that it will be reviewed upon multiple reports. One report, from a butthurt player? No silence. 7 reports, from a member of a PUG, reporting the tank for calling everyone "Lazy motherfuckers"? Infraction, when the GM verifies he typed it in the chat.

So many chicken littles today, running around sniveling that the sky is falling, making up what's going to happen. It's amazing to watch you guys pull this right out of your asses and snivel and cry - I can't help but think you're upset because you'll have to watch your mouth in-game now, and you don't like that one bit.
    As said many times in this thread you're delusional if you really believe Blizzard is going to go thru every report. They're going to hand these out based off X reports just like they do now and do in other games.

When people think they have the power to get people banned they're going to be throwing out more reports than ever before. They're going to be so flooded with reports it will never be possible to read them all.

As said many times in this thread you're delusional if you really believe Blizzard is going to go thru every report. They're going to hand these out based off X reports just like they do now and do in other games.
    Ah, the new urban legend, that Blizzard isn't going to review the reports. LOL. It's fascinating - did you literally just make that up right now, or are you parroting a chicken little somewhere else?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a shame that some elements of the WoW community are unable to act in mature and civil manner and need civility forced upon them.
    It's the product of the Internet. People have been asshats since IRC chat launched back in the early 90's. WoW's social function is just a glorified chat as is Facebook and other types of social media. Yet when behind a keyboard people are complete dicks. Sometimes they really are assholes, others they are just having a bad day. So a system starting at 24 hours isn't that big of a deal if you're not a repeat offender.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Ah, the new urban legend, that Blizzard isn't going to review the reports. LOL. It's fascinating - did you literally just make that up right now, or are you parroting a chicken little somewhere else?
    Um, you do realize there was just a huge fiasco where a multi boxer was using all his toons to report and get people punished right? it was automated just like this is going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Because they have an equal right to speech as you. Maybe not in WoW but in the world so you might as well start guarding your safe space and building up your emotional fortitude now. Just how I see it. No One, anywhere, ever, has been done a favor by being spared from harsh speech. They have been done a disservice.

Ya know generally I would agree that censorship is never a good idea and that people need to toughen up a bit and be susceptible to hearing things they might not like or disagree with as it always keeps the platform open for progress. But we aren't really talking about accurate ideals or honest points of view for the most part, what you see in Trade chat and from "toxic players" is really just a bunch of trolling and nonsense that serves no purpose. I think in this case what Blizzard is trying to accomplish is for the better. Not because I need these things removed from my view, I have addons that do most of this for me. But in a way Blizzard is teaching people that there are consequences for your actions, something that seems to be a life lesson so many have missed out on in today's society.