Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard are not stupid. they are not going to ban you for saying things such.

hi <mage>, I see that you are a new player, from you dps, would you like me to help you with some advice?

guess what? that is in no way insulting. You might get reported because the guys feeling are hurt, but blizzard wont ban you.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    But the ignore list DOES work. The people that don't want to see X Y or Z ignore it, the others who arn't easily offended (Like myself) don't we don't care.

Seriously, who the fuck are YOU or BLIZZARD to police what I can and cannot listen to in a social game? If I want to be exposed to the idiocy of trade chat I DAMN WELL HAVE THE RIGHT TO. This is an example of people unable to adapt to the real world expecting it to change for them, the ignore list is there, it does it's job perfectly.

If blizzard is so concerned about this, all they need to do is make the ignore list account wide, account wide ignore lists would do this for the easily offended morons that can't take jokes.
    Aw, someone is very, very upset that they can't bully people in chat anymore. Boo hoo.

And yes, you ARE a bully. You're trying to bully me with your cute little rant/response. Who fuck do i think I am? Really? So angry.

I have no doubt right now, you're one of the people this is aimed at muzzling. And it's fucking AWESOME.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not saying that you idiot. He's saying that the guy that says "Dude wtf your dps is so low!!" will get reported. For stating a fact. Period.
    And, I'm saying, that's not a violation of the TOS, so that person won't be silenced. It's a very simple concept - do try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Man, I remember having fun in guild chat years ago getting in arguments / fights with friends and having newer people to the guild thinking we were legit going at it.

I hope the review process they have prevents dumb stuff like that resulting in silences, the penalties look pretty damn harsh.

Can't help feel, if anything, it'll make an already significantly less social game even less social as some people won't want to even bother being critical of people or joking around because it's simply not worth the risk that someone will be too touchy.
    If you want to get rough with your guildies, get on vent. Blizzard has no jurisdiction there. Problem solved.

This is going to be abused big time.

-Typical Normal mode Pug post 7.0.3
    PlayerA to PlayerB: your dps is behind the healer man wtf? pick up your dps
    -A couple wipes later PlayerA kicks PlayerB then afterwards PlayerB then reports PlayerA not because of what he said but honestly because hes mad he got kicked.
    PlayerB goes back to doing raid finder while PlayerA has DBM / ERT / ECT issues in their next mythic raid for lack of being able to transmit information from the addons.

Some will probably quote this and say there is no way this will be considered harassment but I am sure there are already examples of this happening out there where a GM sided with PlayerB.

wrong game.
    This shit needs to be applied to overwatch!!

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    -Typical Normal mode Pug post 7.0.3
    PlayerA to PlayerB: your dps is behind the healer man wtf? pick up your dps
    -A couple wipes later PlayerA kicks PlayerB then afterwards PlayerB then reports PlayerA not because of what he said but honestly because hes mad he got kicked.
    PlayerB goes back to doing raid finder while PlayerA has DBM / ERT / ECT issues in their next mythic raid for lack of being able to transmit information from the addons.

Some will probably quote this and say there is no way this will be considered harassment but I am sure there are already examples of this happening out there where a GM sided with PlayerB.
    Nice fantasy. Would you like to contribute something based on reality to the conversation now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Yup , and keep doing it while he takes screenshots and makes a ticket of harassment and you get a way bigger punishment.
    Oh wait, you didn't think that far ahead.

Yeah, but the system has failed anyway, the muted person has already insulted when he was suposed unable to do so, the damage is done. And the insulted person should get to talk to a GM to send sreens which with the new report system is extremely hard.

And telling people they don't thing is really not a good constructive way to discuss things, but maybe you are here just to troll and not to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    Then you will get reported again and this time you will be silenced for twice as long...
    It is not important, because while silenced you can add people to your wow friend list and insult whoever you wish. You can be silenced forever, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And then, instead of silenced, you just get a ban.
    Again, you supose that you get banned for harrassing, but as stated, Blizzard will just extend your silence, which will do nothing because you can add whoever you want to your list. I have seen several cases of harrasment, with death menaces and real life attacks, and no bans where expedited.
    Last edited by mmoca5aab067b5; 2016-07-12 at 09:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go look at previous posts of the people against the silence, the majority could use a break from posting here also.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    This is going to be abused big time.
    How can it be abused when silences are applied after investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Aw, someone is very, very upset that they can't bully people in chat anymore. Boo hoo.

And yes, you ARE a bully. You're trying to bully me with your cute little rant/response. Who fuck do i think I am? Really? So angry.

I have no doubt right now, you're one of the people this is aimed at muzzling. And it's fucking AWESOME.

- - - Updated - - -

And, I'm saying, that's not a violation of the TOS, so that person won't be silenced. It's a very simple concept - do try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to get rough with your guildies, get on vent. Blizzard has no jurisdiction there. Problem solved.
    You sir, are funny. REALLY funny. I am the guy that is assisting people get better. I am the guy that's nice. I am the guy who is least likely to have any ANY action against me, but I am also a realist. I am the guy that knows full well as a human being I have bad days, bad days where I tell people off for doing some thing so obviously wrong. I am the guy that knows, YOU will get reported and possibly silenced despite thinking that's impossible. I will be. Blizzard employees will be. It takes one moment where some one just down right angers you and you tell them off to suddenly find you can't talk for 24 hours.

Again, who the FUCK are you to say what people find offensive, and people don't? Some people WILL find "Dude wtf your dps is so low!!" as offensive. They WILL be offended, and with enough reports the AUTOMATED system will likely take action against you. Sure, you may be able to appeal it, and have it revoked. But it WILL happen, and given that the time it takes to contact blizzard on average is 2-3 business days, you'll have to live out the silence for literally no reason.

It's also funny to see you say "Get on vent". News flash. Use ignore, it's there for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Trust me. If I reported every single person for spam/abuse nothing would happen to me. You know why? Because you can't prove I"m abusing it.

Please, learn yourself. Its embarrassing.
    I don't need to prove anything, Blizzard does and will. Are you for real, you think Blizzard can't see which reports are abuse and which legit? You know, reporting multiple times in a short while and most of those reports are baseless, you'll get the boot. Blizzard has set guidelines for their Game Masters which exactly are cases of abuse and which are not. They don't guess and try to read your mind, which reports you did with malicious intents...They'll simply look for the context and decide whether that report was legit or not. One or two baseless reports? Cool stuff. Repetitive abuse? Bye!

Please, learn yourself. It's embarrasing.

Again, who the FUCK are you to say what people find offensive, and people don't? Some people WILL find "Dude wtf your dps is so low!!" as offensive. They WILL be offended, and with enough reports the AUTOMATED system will likely take action against you. Sure, you may be able to appeal it, and have it revoked. But it WILL happen, and given that the time it takes to contact blizzard on average is 2-3 business days, you'll have to live out the silence for literally no reason.

It's also funny to see you say "Get on vent". News flash. Use ignore, it's there for a reason.
    By definition nothing is offensive. Offense is not given, it's taken and thus you can write whatever you want without it being offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Yeah, but the system has failed anyway, the muted person has already insulted when he was suposed unable to do so, the damage is done. And the insulted person should get to talk to a GM to send sreens which with the new report system is extremely hard.

And telling people they don't thing is really not a good constructive way to discuss things, but maybe you are here just to troll and not to discuss politely...
    The system isn't even in place yet, lol. But it's failed. LOL. Okay!

Some points to ponder - I'll use small words so you can understand it:

One report does not guarantee a silence.

When multiple reports are sent in, Blizzard will review them.

IF someone broke the rules (that are already in place, you agreed to them when you installed the game), they get punished.

If they didnt post what they're accused of, or it's not a TOS violation, nothing happens.

IF they do get silenced, they can appeal.

It's hilarious - Blizzard spells out how the system will work, and you all run around saying "Nuh uh!" and make up worst case scenarios to fight something that's already in the game, but that they're stepping up their monitoring of.

Only WoW players. Only you special snowflakes. It's so predictible and sad.

It's a long overdue attempt to fight back against toxic behavior. It may or may not work, but at least it shows they're doing something, anything.

Most of the pushback here that isn't genuine fear of false reporting (Which is appropriate, considering how Blizzard tends to handle things) are from people who are toxic players.

Deleted
    As i saw this, a part of me wanted to howl with laughter.

Another part of me, is howling with laughter, to all the people saying "I'll abuse this!"

You have no clue how reporting works, if that is your take. You could look into DoTA 2 and how they do it.

You sir, are funny. REALLY funny. I am the guy that is assisting people get better. I am the guy that's nice. I am the guy who is least likely to have any ANY action against me, but I am also a realist. I am the guy that knows full well as a human being I have bad days, bad days where I tell people off for doing some thing so obviously wrong. I am the guy that knows, YOU will get reported and possibly silenced despite thinking that's impossible. I will be. Blizzard employees will be. It takes one moment where some one just down right angers you and you tell them off to suddenly find you can't talk for 24 hours.

Very, very, very angry. You really need to be a bully, don't you? Is your self esteem that weak?

And, by the way, I never said I was defining what is "offensive". Blizzard does - it's in the TOS - the same rules your angry little behind agreed to when you installed the game, snowflake.

But you keep ranting - the system is going in place, and I hope you end up with 3 months of silencing - that's a minimum, going by how frothing mad you are here. Let us know how it works out for you, m'kay?

The system isn't even in place yet, lol. But it's failed. LOL. Okay!

Some points to ponder - I'll use small words so you can understand it:

One report does not guarantee a silence.

When multiple reports are sent in, Blizzard will review them.

IF someone broke the rules (that are already in place, you agreed to them when you installed the game), they get punished.

If they didnt post what they're accused of, or it's not a TOS violation, nothing happens.

IF they do get silenced, they can appeal.

It's hilarious - Blizzard spells out how the system will work, and you all run around saying "Nuh uh!" and make up worst case scenarios to fight something that's already in the game, but that they're stepping up their monitoring of.

Only WoW players. Only you special snowflakes. It's so predictible and sad.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Dear Christonya,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Flaming
    -------
    Flaming is not tolerated on this forum. Post more respectfully next time.
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=41348034
    LOL. Yes, Blizzard will be using one post by a player in the forums as their guidelines. But you run down the valley with your made up flag, crying that the sky is falling. It's fucking hilarious!

Pro Tip: If you report someone for low DPS, that means...nothing. No penalties will happen.

But you keep thinking it will. It's cute.
    He's not saying that you idiot. He's saying that the guy that says "Dude wtf your dps is so low!!" will get reported. For stating a fact. Period.
    All the best,
    MMO-Champion

(Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen.)

Yeah. That's right. My opinion differs from yours. You've reported me. I have an infraction on this site now. THIS IS EXACTLY HOW ITS GOING TO GO IN WOW. I have successfully offended you. By telling you your wrong, proving you your wrong. I don't agree with your opinion, and what did you do? You proved me right in every possible sense of the word. Now apply this to the new system, and to yourself. I could literally report you for the exact same thing THE EXACT SAME THING, and just be as correct as you, and you'd have an infraction. Except in wow, that infraction means: You don't get to talk for 24 hours.

Thank you. For proving me correct, and proving why this system is going to hurt sub numbers, even more then wod did.

Some would say persistent arguing against logical points to be considered Harassment maybe even some at blizzard would agree to that. In that thought then some in this thread could be silenced for voicing their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Some would say persistent arguing against logical points to be considered Harassment maybe even some at blizzard would agree to that. In that thought then some in this thread could be silenced for voicing their opinion.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Dear Christonya,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Flaming
    -------
    Flaming is not tolerated on this forum. Post more respectfully next time.
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=41348034
    LOL. Yes, Blizzard will be using one post by a player in the forums as their guidelines. But you run down the valley with your made up flag, crying that the sky is falling. It's fucking hilarious!

Pro Tip: If you report someone for low DPS, that means...nothing. No penalties will happen.

But you keep thinking it will. It's cute.
    All the best,
    MMO-Champion

(Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen.)

Yeah. That's right. My opinion differs from yours. You've reported me. I have an infraction on this site now. THIS IS EXACTLY HOW ITS GOING TO GO IN WOW. I have successfully offended you. By telling you your wrong, proving you your wrong. I don't agree with your opinion, and what did you do? You proved me right in every possible sense of the word. Now apply this to the new system, and to yourself. I could literally report you for the exact same thing THE EXACT SAME THING, and just be as correct as you, and you'd have an infraction. Except in wow, that infraction means: You don't get to talk for 24 hours.

Thank you. For proving me correct, and proving why this system is going to hurt sub numbers, even more then wod did.
    Already been done. Literally, my entire argument against this guy, proven by his hand. By doing exactly what people are going to do with this system in wow.

Deleted
    The game just died. If I cannot yell at bad players who waste my time that's just game over. Casual bads win.