Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Did Doom becoming IM spawn numerous articles about how progressive it was?
    So what are we gonna merit this stuff over-how people react or what we're reacting to?

And there won't be an article on male characters being introduced/replacing other male roles because they're standard.
    Last edited by Fenixhart; 2016-07-12 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    So what are we gonna merit this stuff over-how people react or what we're reacting to?

And there won't be an article on male characters being introduced/replacing other male roles because they're standard.
    If its not big news most won't even know it happened. I had no idea till I read this thread and I've been reading all the marvel comics lately. The reactions to this thread are the direct result of the exposure its been given.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Too much pink energy is dangerous.

Edit: To make this less spammy: Is there some kind of guide to how to best approach getting in some of the comic series? I've read a lot about Thor here for example, but given how there are so many different versions, plot lines, cameos, cross-overs, etc. I would like to read up on some of them (haven't read US comics much in over a decade, I mostly go with wiki synopses these days to make sense of the movies) without buying every single one of them from date x to date y. I'd take digital formats as well if possible, also live in Germany and while I can do without a translation, I know that there might be issues with publishing rights etc. Any hint where to start?
    the best way to reads alot of old comics you don't have is to get marvel unlimited it has most of the old stuff and you can search for stuff in multiple ways for example i wanted to go way back into the xmen so i went to series and searched xmen it brings up xmen 1991-2001 xmen 2001-2004 and so on and so on it also brings up uncanny xmen men and more you can also search by events or just characters if you don't know what series you want or just want a broader look at a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    the best way to reads alot of old comics you don't have is to get marvel unlimited it has most of the old stuff and you can search for stuff in multiple ways for example i wanted to go way back into the xmen so i went to series and searched xmen it brings up xmen 1991-2001 xmen 2001-2004 and so on and so on it also brings up uncanny xmen men and more you can also search by events or just characters if you don't know what series you want or just want a broader look at a hero.
    Ah I see, that certianly looks to be the most effective way and seems fair. I will have a look at that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see, that certianly looks to be the most effective way and seems fair. I will have a look at that.
    its really great for only 8 bucks a mouth and you can even get the app for it so you can read on your phone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't read most of the New 52 stuff, is Lex Luthor supposed to be a good guy now?
    Define "good". He became part of the JL with his own sense of "justice". Now with the death of New 52 Superman, he decided to be the new Man of Steel. By itself, it isn't a problem or different of the many times Luthor did it either in alt universes or as Lex Luthor Jr. back in the 90s, he is the ultimate humanist. The problem is he donned his power-suit with the shield and Superman colors...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to reading Thor, start with Mighty Thor issue 1. It's from 2015 and there's only 8 to read till you're all caught up.

Although if you want an awesome story from back when Thor was still a dude, check out Thor: God of Thunder. It's a 25 book run from 2013/14 and features one of my favourite arcs for him.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    To be fair... The ripped dude, with the blond hair? Yeah, that's the Odinson. He's fucking badass, half Asgardian, half eternal, has power over the earth, can react at near light speed and is strong and tough enough to go toe to toe with monsters like the Hulk.

But Thor is the name of the wielder of Mjolnir, which right now is Jane Foster.

That's just marvel Lore, you can't argue with it. He's lost the hammer before and stopped being Thor then, so he's still not Thor now.

This doesn't mean he won't become Thor again soon, because he probably will (or something similar at least), but as of right now, he's just Odinson, which is enough.
    Which is dumb because Thor is his name(Thor Odinson specifically). The title that should be passed around to the wielder of Mjolnir is god of thunder not Thor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Which is dumb because Thor is his name(Thor Odinson specifically). The title that should be passed around to the wielder of Mjolnir is god of thunder not Thor.
    it should be but how Odin encanted the hammer the title is Thor i guess you don't got that much foresight with only one eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
    While currently only in the game Marvel Puzzle Quest, there is already a female Captain America.
    Okay sorry to go way back for this, but why the fuck would anyone assassinate a pre-Cap Steve Rogers? He's literally just a random dude before that

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but in the comics he literally GIVES her the name Thor. When Odin kicks up a fuss he tells him to chill his tits.

He wants to be called Odinson and wants her to be known as Thor. This will possibly change in his new comic, but for now, that's the way it is.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

it should be but how Odin encanted the hammer the title is Thor i guess you don't got that much foresight with only one eye.
    It says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of ... Thor"
    The power of... not the name of...
    It is still dumb even if you stretch it into Thor being a title. Of course Jane isn't exactly a he either so the writers just prove they do what they want without it making any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but in the comics he literally GIVES her the name Thor. When Odin kicks up a fuss he tells him to chill his tits.

He wants to be called Odinson and wants her to be known as Thor. This will possibly change in his new comic, but for now, that's the way it is.
    Bad writing is still bad writing that makes very little sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. It's part of his self imposed penance.

Whatever it was the Fury whispered to him CLEARLY fucked him up. He's been a very different person since then and I don't think we've seen the last of the changes.

Since he could no longer be the man he once was, he handed over not only the hammer, but also everything else that went with it. Giving up not just his position, but his very name and all that went with it. Me basically gave her his life.

Until the day he is worthy enough to be the God he once was.

A day that I'm pretty sure is coming soon.

I'd like to know what Fury said to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    It says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of ... Thor"
    It is still dumb even if you stretch it into Thor being a title. Of course Jane isn't exactly a he either so the writers just prove they do what they want without it making any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

you see the problem with that is thor has no power of his own atlest not like he does with the hammer the hammer is what gives him all his powers its really just a mess up with the wording of the hammer.

Several times a mortal has used Mjolnir for a time and had the name "Thor" whilst powered-up, it's stopped being the proper-name for the son of Odin and become the title/alias of a superhero.

- - - Updated - - -

you see the problem with that is thor has no power of his own atlest not like he does with the hammer the hammer is what gives him all his powers its really just a mess up with the wording of the hammer.
    Thor is pretty damn powerful in his own right, even without the hammer he's the son of Odin and the elder-goddess Gaia.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Several times a mortal has used Mjolnir for a time and had the name "Thor" whilst powered-up, it's stopped being the proper-name for the son of Odin and become the title/alias of a superhero.

- - - Updated - - -

Thor is pretty damn powerful in his own right, even without the hammer he's the son of Odin and the elder-goddess Gaia.
    oh boy gaia is hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... No.

Very little of Thor's power actually comes from Mjolnir. His strength, stamina, speed etc are all from his Hybrid Asgardian/Eternal physiology. His most three most powerful forms, Warrior Madness, Necrosword and Rune King Thor, have nothing to do with Mjolnir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... No.

Very little of Thor's power actually comes from Mjolnir. His strength, stamina, speed etc are all from his Hybrid Asgardian/Eternal physiology. His most three most powerful forms, Warrior Madness, Necrosword and Rune King Thor, have nothing to do with Mjolnir.
    his most powerful forms might not but the things he uses the most and is best know for are from his hammer lighting powers putting his hammer down so people cant lift it flight and looking cool all from the hammer.

Any villains gender-/race- swapped, or are they just "tuning" heroes?