Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I can already see this to be abuse.

Create 10 trial accounts ... find a guy who is talking and report him with all 10- 100 accounts.
    If the person you're abusing didn't post what you claim - nothing happens.

Let us know how that works out for you, m'kay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Then you'll also read the part which says "after investigation".

It's not auto-silence. No matter how many reports you do. If you and others start making throwaway accounts on trial to abuse it, perhaps it's time for Blizzard to disable reporting ability on trial accounts?
    Investigation could be automated tho.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm sure Blizzard has taken possible abuse into account when they designed this. I know many people think Blizzard has a collective IQ less than their shoe size, but assuming they would release a broken feature that ends up in termination of many people's gameplay (through silence affecting things like mail) is beyond baseless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see this to be abuse.

Create 10 trial accounts ... find a guy who is talking and report him with all 10- 100 accounts.
    I think the only way abuse will truly be an issue is if they do not do as they say and automate the entire system. There will always be room for error, but if they truly do investigate the claims it would be pretty easy to figure out for the most part who is trying to do things like this.

In your example: Trial accounts cannot report or they see all reports coming from the same IP or even the same provider.

It really just boils down to how active Blizzard will be in this process. Considering the current track record I wouldn't be all that surprised if Blizzard is in fact going to do everything they can to prevent abuse and wrongful silences as to not piss off too many paying customers. Money talks.

And pigs could fly.

You're arguing a hypothetical that does not exist. It goes against what Blizzard posted:

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

What part of that says "automated"?

It also doesnt say EVERY report. Specific types will be investigated. Sounds to me like "DPS too low" won't qualify for an investigation.

But, I guess it's fun to make stuff up, huh?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I report people often for things of this nature. So, this is very much long overdue.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Delicate porcelain skinned players unable to figure out how to use the /ignore fuction, Blizzard resorts to heavy handed tactics that are prone to abuse.

More news at 11.
    The closer headline would be "Vitriolic assholes who spew things online they would never say in public out of fear of retaliation will be put in the doghouse where they belong".
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    ....what?

Could you rewrite that, but this time, have it mean something?

Sure, buddy.

Oh, ffs, the "evidence game". Crap, can I go ONE DAY without getting a fedora in my face?

You want evidence? Use your fucking brain, dummy. It's a whole new system they're implementing, the "example" you provided was under the old one.

But you keep thinking you know more than anyone else.
    You're the one who wanted to be cute, buddy, so I'm going to be cute with you. I just threw your being cute back in your face, where your holier-than-thou opinion belongs.

You don't know what conservation of resources are, I'd think.
    [You don't seem to address the reality that they have lied about this sort of system before. Additionally, you do not seem to realize the enormity a system such and this would require or what it would demand in terms of manpower and money to be done efficiently and in accordance with their claim. It is then logical to assume they will conserve resources in order to save time and money as they have done in the past.]

But you keep thinking you know more than anyone else. See how useless and idiotic that makes you look? [no alteration needed]

"Um..." = smug. Sorry. You're smug.

Blizzard lied. Oh, you're one of THOSE.

I won't bother replying anymore, it's pointless. Enjoy your silences _ I wish I still played WoW, so I could enjoy the peace and quiet when you're muzzled.
    Such anger and resentment toward those who don't share your opinion. I hope you enjoy your long, and hopefully permanent, vacation from this game.

*Edited for ugly syntax.
    Last edited by Egregious; 2016-07-12 at 10:13 PM.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard has taken possible abuse into account when they designed this. I know many people think Blizzard has a collective IQ less than their shoe size, but assuming they would release a broken feature that ends up in termination of many people's gameplay (through silence affecting things like mail) is beyond baseless.
    Its cheap tho. Why pay 100 wages when you can run a program that does the work for 200 people. Blizzard doesnt realy care if some1 gets banned this days, since they just end up buying a new box every time.

Automated system is actuly better for them, since more players silenced (wich is pretty much banned) = more cash from players, who want to avoid silence.

Heck, people will probaly even pay for accounts just to spam others.

Now the question is, if the silence works on IP.

maybe they should just take out trade chat and all other forms of global chat to make a nice safe place where no one can get hurt by the WORDS of others.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I think the only way abuse will truly be an issue is if they do not do as they say and automate the entire system. There will always be room for error, but if they truly do investigate the claims it would be pretty easy to figure out for the most part who is trying to do things like this.

In your example: Trial accounts cannot report or they see all reports coming from the same IP or even the same provider.

It really just boils down to how active Blizzard will be in this process. Considering the current track record I wouldn't be all that surprised if Blizzard is in fact going to do everything they can to prevent abuse and wrongful silences as to not piss off too many paying customers. Money talks.
    Stolen credit cards (that buy a new game every time) + IP change every time you report.

You would be suprised how easy is to fake IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesnt realy care if some1 gets banned this days, since they just end up buying a new box every time.
    But we are talking about abuse and the normal Joe who gets his account silenced due to abuse of the system is not going to buy a new box. These are the customers Blizzard can risk losing should they not implement this in a way that allows others to abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Your first paragraph makes no sense.

Yeah, yeah. It was totally my fault you don't know the meaning of words.

Of course you've proposed solutions but none of your solutions, which seem to be a continuation of the status quo, involve taking personal responsibility for your behaviour. And how am I judge and jury? If I, or anyone, report someone it is up to Blizzard to decide what action to take.
    So you cannot use the wording of one argument to argue a different conclusion? You should teach.

I'm glad you're sarcastically admitting you used inflammatory and hyperbolic wording to seem like a fascist when you're really just a good guy.

Because one should not be "made to take personal responsibility" for expressing their opinions other than to be ignored by their audience. The onus is on them to better themselves, not you.

Blizzard's automated service that doesn't care a wit about the content in any meaningful fashion. Simply the number of reports can be sufficient. So, you are a judge and jury. Not too hard to follow out.

The only solution you seem to entertain is removal... so you're basically a fascist.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Its cheap tho. Why pay 100 wages when you can run a program that does the work for 200 people. Blizzard doesnt realy care if some1 gets banned this days, since they just end up buying a new box every time.

Automated system is actuly better for them, since more players silenced (wich is pretty much banned) = more cash from players, who want to avoid silence.

Heck, people will probaly even pay for accounts just to spam others.

Now the question is, if the silence works on IP.
    I dunno about you, but I'd never buy another account if mine got permabanned. Too much effort put for a lifetime on this one.

No offense, but if you can present an opinion that automated system is better for Blizzard...Don't you think they haven't thought about it, let alone honed the system to avoid insane random bans?

It's all about money money money for companies, but conspiracy theories just go overboard on this forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Stolen credit cards (that buy a new game every time) + IP change every time you report.

You are actually overestimating a few things here. Yes a user can change their IP by resetting their modem. Yes a user can proxy to mask their actual IP. Even changing your IP, its still registered to your ISP. Proxy networks are registered just like every other IP block. Stolen credit cards? Again tons of reports coming from these brand new accounts? IF Blizzard is active in monitoring and investigating the system, as they claim, then these should all be red flags during an investigation.

Will put a lot of scum back in place, that's for sure. The sentiment among them is currently "But if I can't lecture bads by throwing insults, the meaning of the game is gone for me!!"... Sweet and salty scummy tears!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    If anything, i think the best thing about this update will be severely reducing the amount of gold spamming/boosting services offered for real cash.
    You really think so? Those people mostly use bot/stolen accounts anyway, most of them buy them in bulk around christmas or other -50/75% promotions. It won't hurt them at all.

And pigs could fly.

You're arguing a hypothetical that does not exist. It goes against what Blizzard posted:

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

What part of that says "automated"?
    What people say, especially Blizzard, =/= what people do, especially Blizzard. You're also arguing a hypothetical. That they hypothetically do what they said. A pretty unreasonable hypothetical given their track record.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Meh... this is going to backfire. They have the same system in hots. You pick hero that is "wrong" according to someone else, you get reported and silenced without even saying anything. For whatever reason someone may report you and you get silenced.

"But blizz investigates it! THis wont happen unless you are really toxic player!".

Yeah... that what they say. Still in hots you really can get silenced for not ever saying anything. It is probably mostly automated. Once certain number of reports has been reached, it will slap you with silence... no investigating it. After that you need to specifically contact blizz to get the silence off in these cases. It will take time and effort. If you said any single "bad" word somewhere in last few months, you probably won't get silence off.

This would work, if blizz could actually check trough all thos thousands reports every day. They wont.

Oh! Yeah! Why did no-one think of this! People are going to steal credit cards just to get that player they don't like banned!?!