Thread: New hero - Ana

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Meh not interested in this one, hanzo and widow are bad enough 90% of the time I encounter them, the last thing I want is another bad sniper on my team especially one that won't be able to play this character effectively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Apparently so does Blizz since she fills a sniper slot on the team. And then there's the whole thing with her sniper...scope. Wait a minute!
    Her sniper scope is merely convenience, it has no impact on damage or anything.

When I played her I couldn't see any difference between headshots and bodyshots. So that makes it easier

7+ Year Old Account
    what i also noticed is that sniping ally or foe with ana is way easier than sniping people with widow or hanzo.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    what i also noticed is that sniping ally or foe with ana is way easier than sniping people with widow or hanzo.
    Yes but that makes sense, would be too hard of a support otherwise.

Yeah don't think of her weapon as a sniper rifle. It's really a dart gun with a scope.

The darts have a travel time (not a hitscan weapon) and there's no bonus for a headshot on either allies or enemies. Shoot them wherever you want, the effect is the same. The scope makes no difference in output, its only function is to help you aim and reduce your field of vision. One of her voice lines is "no scope necessary" and she's right. The scope does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    The darts have a travel time (not a hitscan weapon)The scope does nothing.
    The scope does make her darts hitscan.
    Un-scope = Projectile.
    Scope = Hitscan.

where can I see pics/vid of Anas skins ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    she's isnt supposed to be played as a classical sniper tho.
    I get that, just was wanting to be able to reach some good over head vantages to drop grenades, sleep etc on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i wonder what her and her daughters interactions will be!
    Well I'd say in about 3 days they are prob going to start having some R34 interactions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    where can I see pics/vid of Anas skins ?
    why dont you just log onto the ptr and check the skins?

but anyway,
    here:

Formerly known as Arafal

Kinda unrelated - but do the skins you buy on PTR translate over to live? Or is the currency just copied?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

7+ Year Old Account
    that tea time emote, lol.

Formerly known as Arafal

Sucks that her mobility is so bad.

To those claiming her to be sombra due to the costume(epic), it doesn't mean just because that costume was leaked that it actually belonged to Sombra, it was speculation. It's also not named anything of the sort. All it boils down too is that (if) Sombra is to be a future character that we know even fewer details now because of how many of the leaks are tied to Ana. My theory is Sombra is a trainee of Soldier: 76, the little girl from his animated short ... But that's just my theory. Till there's any hard evidence though, there's 0 connections between the two besides being members of over watch at one time or another.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    The scope does make her darts hitscan.
    Un-scope = Projectile.
    Scope = Hitscan.
    Are you sure about that? I tried to test with distant targets both scoped and not and the projectile seemed to get there at the same speed in both cases.

Make sure you're accounting for the fact that it'll look like the projectile is faster while scoped because of how the scope magnifies your vision and limits your field of view.

why dont you just log onto the ptr
    I dont touch PTRs or betas

ever

thx for the video though

Cute: Enabler
    Get 4 kills or assists with a single use of Ana's Nano Boost in Quick or Competitive play.
    Pixel: Nap time
    Interrupt an enemy ultimate ability with Ana's Sleep Dart in Quick or Competitive play.
    http://imgur.com/a/7Q0TB

10+ Year Old Account
    Played with her a bit. She's a potent healer and a lot of fun. Since there's no toggling between healing and dps she does feel a bit spammy. Clearly her difficulty comes in actually landing your heals but that didn't feel terribly difficult. I like how versatile both of her abilities are and give her added survivability.

My only complaint is that she can't quickly/easily reach high ground.

Playing her as a McCree and not a Widowmaker has led to positive results.

Getting PotG's with her is going to be a nightmare though.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"