Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Toxic players will abuse this system more than anyone else. Vendettas, whatever. People will be reporting everyone for spam if they disagree with anything they said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Already been done. Literally, my entire argument against this guy, proven by his hand. By doing exactly what people are going to do with this system in wow.
    Because you were unnecessarily insulting. It's not unjustified. You could have explained what you did without slinging and insult along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    http://i.imgsafe.org/30db98600b.png

Continue to learn yourself, you haven't learned.

Abuse is everywhere.
    Abuse? It seems to me that Blizzard has declared the way you talked was not nice. Yes, I wouldn't have punished you for that sentence, but I'm not also the guy who makes the rules. Your picture only displays 1 sentence that was deemed offensive, not the rest...Hell, it could be death threats or other kind of vulgar language, so am I supposed to take your word for this?

15+ Year Old Account
    This could be abused so easily. Especially multiboxers.

Oh nevermind, it says after investigation. So instead of a temp ban a silence then. o.o
    Last edited by Kuja; 2016-07-12 at 10:20 PM.

Continue to learn yourself, you haven't learned.

Abuse is everywhere.

Yes this is exactly what I was talking about and there you have it:

"that might seem innocent enough but you're insulting that players choices"

so player takes a poor choice talent for a fight does badly and you tell them to switch it to gain damage and there you go its a silence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The Silence Penalty
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.
    So much "abuse wahwah" while this news is fresh. :|

*Happy dance for the penalty*
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    So much "abuse wahwah" while this news is fresh. :|

*Happy dance for the penalty*
    This was after the investigation http://i.imgsafe.org/30db98600b.png all he did was tell them their choice in characters was bad for the match up they had.

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    This was after the investigation http://i.imgsafe.org/30db98600b.png all he did was tell them their choice in characters was bad for the match up they had.
    And it was also mentioned that one sentence was just one of the many. We don't have any proof there weren't other, more serious displays of rudeness.

Oh, also, that picture is about HOTS, not WoW. Maybe HOTS, like LoL, has way more toxic playerbase and thus needs heavy hand of safe spacing?
    Last edited by Saradain; 2016-07-12 at 10:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ^ Has been covered a couple times already.

Not much to add but, "too little info, seems like a silly anecdote."
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Abuse? It seems to me that Blizzard has declared the way you talked was not nice. Yes, I wouldn't have punished you for that sentence, but I'm not also the guy who makes the rules. Your picture only displays 1 sentence that was deemed offensive, not the rest...Hell, it could be death threats or other kind of vulgar language, so am I supposed to take your word for this?
    That wasn't me. Please don't assume shit. That is abusive. Reported.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And it was also mentioned that one sentence was just one of the many. We don't have any proof there weren't other, more serious displays of rudeness.
    He also says that he considered what he said to be poking fun at their choices which implies that what he said is harassment in that situation.

That wasn't me. Please don't assume shit. That is abusive. Reported.
    Well then, please enlighten me how will you prove it was just that one sentence, even the picture says otherwise?

Or you could keep on spamming "reported" all day/night long, not that you have much defense left for your counterargument.

He also says that he considered what he said to be poking fun at their choices which implies that what he said is harassment in that situation.
    And like I said, the picture is about HOTS. More toxic players than in MMOs I guess, from what I've seen from LoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good stuff. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the outrage coming against this. The last words of those living under a rickety bridge as it's about to be rebuilt with a little concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Exaelitus View Post
    Are you trolling? You're not even pretending to be nice. You're practically bragging about how much of horrible person you are. So you gave somebody gaming tips and probably abused them in the process. Good for you. If you're going to argue angrily about about how you're entitled to act like a jerk anywhere without consequence, then own it. I'll do it and I'm way nicer than you.
    But im not arguing that I want the capability of acting like a jerk without consequence. Im arguing that I don't want to suddenly get silenced for having a different opinion. Which, btw if you read all my posts in here, you'll notice that I have an infraction. Because I have a different opinion from the other guy.

It is. /10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Already been done. Literally, my entire argument against this guy, proven by his hand. By doing exactly what people are going to do with this system in wow.
    Couldn't you just like...not call the guy an idiot? Doesn't that actually prove that the system - even if automated like the mmoc one - does work and will be beneficial to the community if people have to actually BE CIVIL to each other?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The system isn't even in place yet, lol. But it's failed. LOL. Okay!
    It will fail when someone silenced by Blizzard will be able to add someone to his friend list and insult anyway. Or it is not explained correctly in the blue post, or it will have an open way to abuse this system if you are silenced.

Some points to ponder - I'll use small words so you can understand it:
    Again insulting, I will not answer you again because it is not worth it. I like to discus with people who bring real arguments and not "use small talk to make people understand"

One report does not guarantee a silence.

When multiple reports are sent in, Blizzard will review them.

IF someone broke the rules (that are already in place, you agreed to them when you installed the game), they get punished.

If they didnt post what they're accused of, or it's not a TOS violation, nothing happens.

IF they do get silenced, they can appeal.
    That was not even being discussed. Obviusly you are right.

It's hilarious - Blizzard spells out how the system will work, and you all run around saying "Nuh uh!" and make up worst case scenarios to fight something that's already in the game, but that they're stepping up their monitoring of.
    It is great they are creating this new system. I only say it can be abused as they explained it. I hope not, I hope that a silenced person by blizzard will only be able to whisper people who are reciprocally in their wow friends list, but it is not stated in the blue post. If not, the worst ofenders just by being silenced will continue to insult, and geting longer silences will do nothing. Obviusly they can ban them, but then we almost are at the same point we are now.

Only WoW players. Only you special snowflakes. It's so predictible and sad.
    As I said you, if your arguments are just telling others they don't think, telling them you explain things easely so they can understand, or telling they are sad, I don't care where your connection betwen stating a problem in an anounced system and being an special snowflake came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It's not automated at all, only the scrapbot message is. Key part: ON THEIR BEHALF. It's so you can't see who infracted you.
    "Scrapbot is an automated bot"

It's a bot that due to people disagreeing with me, sent me an automated response for the moderators. The moderators did nothing. This was completely automated. If it had been a moderator specifically, I would have had a response from one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Because you were unnecessarily insulting. It's not unjustified. You could have explained what you did without slinging and insult along with it.
    What is considered as unnecessarily insulting? Telling him he's wrong? That's all I did. I told him he was wrong, that I thought he was an idiot and again, he literally proved my point.

Finally!

/10chars

To assume that its impossible for this system to be abused in any way is just silly.

The truth is that we all will have to walk on egg shells now with what we say in order to not trigger that one guy who is just itching to get someone silenced.

For me I barely ever talk in chat so I am not worried about being silenced but for pretty much anyone who talks in trade there is now a possibility that anything you say if its possible for it to be misunderstood and taken offensively you will probably be silenced by the group of people who want nothing more than to get you silenced to ruin your day.

Which I suppose includes "poking fun" at least according to the image before.