Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Wolf, Melgane will be releasing a guide for pre-patch soon on H2P, maybe here too. He'll then update it for Legion going forward as well. The basic consensus is your AS gear (haste > crit > mastery).
    ty very much

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen the Arch trinket being effective for Pre-Patch either, with no Insanity/Mind Flay doing very low damage and not affecting Void Bolts etc, correct? Probably looking at Prophecy/Piston?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I haven't seen the Arch trinket being effective for Pre-Patch either, with no Insanity/Mind Flay doing very low damage and not affecting Void Bolts etc, correct? Probably looking at Prophecy/Piston?
    Wouldn't Sethe/Piston be better? Also, I heard PoF is getting nerfed along with Soul Kappaciator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aemaet View Post
    Wouldn't Sethe/Piston be better? Also, I heard PoF is getting nerfed along with Soul Kappaciator.
    I didn't even think of it. I only have the heroic one, I would probably use Voidstone over it tbh, maybe Mythic can edge it out. I do hope they get nerfed though, PoF is why I stopped raiding for most of this tier until like a week ago and quit my Mage.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I'm still finding Mastery to be a very strong stat to focus on for heroics and above in the beta, once you have a solid foundation of haste. The only thing that's been able to allow me to even remotely keep up with other classes in big AOE situations having a strong amount of haste/mastery, San'layn, and copious multidotting with Vampiric Touch. The synergy with StM has already been covered.

If I have VT up on everything, then I start layering out SW:P where I can. Obviously, Mind Blast/Shadow Crash/Void Bolt on CD still.

AS might (well, /DOES/) get you more Insanity, but you still have to build that up, deal with the AS travel time, actually get your Voidform off and then USE that Voidform to get the full benefits of it, and at the end of the day you're still focusing your effort into the weaker of your two DOTs.

VT kind of hits like a fucking truck with San'layn, and keeps getting buffed on top of it.

I've already got my guide written up, just doing the formatting touches. atm i've found haste >crit > mastery to def be the way to go though.

for pre patch i found some strong damage interactions regarding SI+Voidray+RoW. This on a high haste build does a load of damage. For burst reasons you can take the crit inscription trinket. Comparable dps is reached with piston + crit trinket and AS but i found the sustained damage lower. Especially in pre patch you will want to get rid of as much mastery as you can since it does not buff the RoW interactions.
    In SimC i found haste>crit for most builds, with AS crit is better but still not as good as haste and then vers>mastery.
    On 110 /w Mass Hysteria mastery will pull stronger than vers b/c of better scaling and an overall higher dmg contribution of your DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    I'd just like to point out that cross comparisons like this are rather pointless when leaving out details. It's never as black and white as people often like to make things out to be. For reference, here's a balance druid on the feedback forums expressing jealousy for shadow's survivability tools http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...58?page=13#249

Same principle. It doesn't even matter who's right or wrong, it just happens so often that people look at the tools of other specs and try to set up these comparisons in order to form a narrative that is always going to make their spec out to be the weaker one. You can see Tanned in that thread add some nuance to the guy's points regarding shadow, and just as Tanned did so for his spec, so too would a balance druid want to add nuance to your post. Playing the victim is a common strategy amongst literally all specs.
    I'm not sure if you continued reading that post or not, but Tanned spent a lot more time going over the flaws with the shadow priest kit than making an argument in favor of balance's kit. There was even another post slightly farther down about it. There were also points listed that were wrong and had been since before that post was made. Their baseline heal (Healing Touch) can also be cast in their dps form and psychic horror no longer exists. But I see your point.

@RsinRC Yeah I suppose so. What they envisioned for shadow's defensive abilities just isn't what I want out of a dps spec.

Deleted
    Hello there again guys! Excuse me for the double-post. I had to delete the former one, as I had to re-upload the video due to a minor cutting error I had overseen!

I have just my first-ever guide to the Shadow Priest on the WoW Legion Beta. Feedback would be MUCH appreciated, as I would like to continue this sort of content in the upcoming expansion! Keep in mind that I did not discuss things like our stat priority (and therefore enchants) purposely, as these things are still such subject to change. I will make another guide once the expansion has launched and we have all "settled" in, elaborating on those things further. This guide is aimed towards people who consider playing a shadow priest, either new or returning! I hope you enjoy, and again - be sure to leave me some feedback!

Looking at the spell changes coming up...

Very minor buff to SW:P
    Massive nerf to Void Torrent

Hello? Blizz?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzato View Post
    Looking at the spell changes coming up...

Very minor buff to SW:P
    Massive nerf to Void Torrent

Hello? Blizz?
    were? what why ffs?

Seeing them on WoWhead, I'm sure MMO's spell tables will be up shortly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    Where did u find patch notes?

- - - Updated - - -

Void Torrent

Raise your dagger into the sky, channeling a torrent of void energy into the target for (1400%960% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 4 sec. Insanity does not drain during this channel.
    Requires Voidform
    big nerf damn.. so why lol?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-07-12 at 11:00 PM.

Void Torrent and Shadow Mend nerfed.

swp + vt got buffed again.
    Last edited by Malico; 2016-07-12 at 11:02 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    Void Torrent and Shadow Mend nerfed.

swp + vt got buffed again.
    So our 4 sec channel is starting become weirder and weirder.. why is this still interruptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    So our 4 sec channel is starting become weirder and weirder.. why is this still interruptable?
    Blizzard hate shadow.

MMO-Cs list seems to have gone down. Likely a lot more changes than what we saw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    MMO-Cs list seems to have gone down. Likely a lot more changes than what we saw?
    Next build, it'll play My Chemical Romance during Voidform. I seriously think they're doing some hardcore heavy drugs over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Deleted
    The new datamined build might be not the correct build, by the way. Probably the reason MMOC took down the class changes, as well. On the front page it says it's build number 22201 when the build we got before was 22206 and when you go to the beta log in screen it actually says version 22210.

The previous build number (22206) part I cannot confirm myself since I admit I did not pay attention to the number, but others on the forums mentioned it and there is still the discrepancy between in game and front page that remains true.

Sooo, there is still hope we get some changes that make sense.
    Last edited by mmoc0eaf46b245; 2016-07-13 at 12:24 AM.

Wowhead actually already has the spell data up, there's no VT buff. 12.5% buff to SW:P, 31% nerf to Void Torrent, whoop-de-doo. I'm rolling a fucking shaman; at least Blizzard won't tease them with the possibility of not being garbage and the spells are pretty.