It's like they just dont want people to use demon reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    New changes are up on wowhead. it looks like alot of buffs to counteract the demon reborn nerf
    yeah, a ton of buffs. I guess their intention was to make that tier of talents competitive within each other while trying not to affect our dps too much? I hope the numbers support that, because that nerf is HUGE. guess we'll see when the servers come up

edit: nvm, CS nerfs
    Last edited by Emek; 2016-07-12 at 11:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap at these nerfs running through...
    Fel Barrage nerfed 150%
    Anguish nerfed 10%
    Chaos Strike Nerfed to 275%+440% (from 305%+487%)
    RotI nerfed 40%
    Demons Bite nerfed 45%
    I can't tell if the Eye Beam part is a nerf though. 6% less attack power but multiplied by 10 now?

On the other hand, we got a few buffs to some spells.
    Fel Eruption got a big jump. 300%
    Nemesis back up to 20% increased damage
    Our artifact trait buffs to the eyebeam, demons bite, and chaos strike traits may of just been a way to allocate the base damage from the spells.
    FotI buffed 40%
    Inner Demons buffed 150%
    Slight throw glaive buff meaning more bloodlet damage also?

Chaos Strike, Demons Bite and Eye Beam NERFS! Wow...
    Some buffs to traits though, but still.

Just briefly skimming through other classes notes. They buffed unholy DK's which were one of the if not the top performing melee spec, but they nerfed DH's whose single target was already middle of the pack for melee. I don't get it.

They also didn't touch assassination rogues which were grossly overpowered.

And enhancement buffed...
    Last edited by ujx; 2016-07-12 at 11:17 PM.

I dunno, they just kinda gutted the purpose of demon reborn. Though the overall buffs outside of it are nice. I will miss the extended burst of it.

I get that they wanna nerf Havoc AoE, but i dont understand Demons Bite and Chaos Strike nerfs.

Actually. They buffed our artifact traits for these spells, so it's probably the same now. Even Eye Beam trait was buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    I dunno, they just kinda gutted the purpose of demon reborn.
    no way im going to take demon reborn now.... that nerf bat was pretty hard on demon hunters

anguish technically got buffed because eyebeam ticks once more now. eyebeam got buffed. rage got nerfed because fury got buffed. net neutral. demons bite and chaos strike got nerfs but the traits got doubled. bloodlet got indirectly buffed by throw glaive trait buff.

almost none of them end up being actual nerfs after having a maxed artifact, with some being buffs at max artifact.

Overall it just seems like they wanted to bring our burst down and spread it among the other abilities (though confused about the fel eruption buff then) Overall it is a shifting of everything around. After taking the nerfs to the abilities but the buffs to the artifact or vice versa in some cases I am unsure it will overall counter the heavy heavy nerf to DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    I get that they wanna nerf Havoc AoE, but i dont understand Demons Bite and Chaos Strike nerfs.

Actually. They buffed our artifact traits for these spells, so it's probably the same now. Even Eye Beam trait was buffed.
    they countered the nerf with 16% buff through the artifact traits to each so, they wanted to move more damage to the artifact traits it probably evens out. Why they did it? no idea
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrnlaffair View Post
    Holy crap at these nerfs running through...
    Fel Barrage nerfed 150%
    Anguish nerfed 10%
    Chaos Strike Nerfed to 275%+440% (from 305%+487%)
    RotI nerfed 40%
    Demons Bite nerfed 45%
    I can't tell if the Eye Beam part is a nerf though. 6% less attack power but multiplied by 10 now?

On the other hand, we got a few buffs to some spells.
    Fel Eruption got a big jump. 300%
    Nemesis back up to 20% increased damage
    Our artifact trait buffs to the eyebeam, demons bite, and chaos strike traits may of just been a way to allocate the base damage from the spells.
    FotI buffed 40%
    Inner Demons buffed 150%
    Slight throw glaive buff meaning more bloodlet damage also?
    eye beam was a slight buff. and by slight i mean SLIGHT

assuming 2000 AP: (2000*.55)x10 = 11000 vs (2000*.607)x9 = 10926

the higher the AP the higher the increase
    Last edited by Qlix; 2016-07-12 at 11:22 PM.
    Science the shit out of it!

Deleted
    these changes are just bleh, wish blizzard gave reasons along with changes to give an insight into their mindset and what they are trying to achieve with the changes.

hopefully fel eruption and nemesis buffs finally kill the train wreck that is momentum. Thats all I care about
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

The spell changes datamined today were mostly incorrect. They're working out which ones are right and wrong, but don't complain yet.

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    The spell changes datamined today were mostly incorrect. They're working out which ones are right and wrong, but don't complain yet.
    Source on this?

Chaos nova, blur and eye beam all have less than 1min cd
    What's the point of demon reborn now?

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    hopefully fel eruption and nemesis buffs finally kill the train wreck that is momentum. Thats all I care about
    Will have to wait for sims for that, but i'm 99% sure that none of this buffs makes them on par with momentum. Both of them and Chaos Blades was gutted with Demons Reborn nerf. Nemesis is 20% damage with 50% uptime now, while Momentum can achieve 67% and even higher uptime if you use Blur every minute to reset Fel rush charges for higher uptime, and Fel Erruption even buffed now, cannot benefit from Demos Reborn reset for supperior burst on pull. From the looks of it, Demons Reborn nerf will improve Momentum-Demonic build even higher on ST.
    Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    Wowhead had some another numbers on some spell changes then MMO-C post did, but most DH changes are same.
    Last edited by iDielord; 2016-07-12 at 11:38 PM.

On the front page I can't seem to find the Spell changes anymore, only artifact changes. What???