Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Oh boy, they better hire more GMs.

That's all I have to say.
    A point of fact people seem to be forgetting is that the behaviors that will get players silenced have always been terms of use violations since Wow launched (so those of you spouting the usual "SJW" nonsense can shut the fuck up already). The only thing changing here is method of punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    The part where people like you don't understand that it won't be. What Blizzard says =/= what Blizzard does. They even admit to this themselves.
    People like you are part of the problem and have convinced far too many players to give up on using the tools Blizzard has given us to moderate our community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    if you think blizzard are going to "review" every single report idk what planet you are living on

their CS team is small (large compared to steam's support, but relatively small compared to what should be expected from a large company) and reviewing reports takes an extremely long amount of time. you need to look at context, the build up, after events, other people's reactions etc.

they are likely going to look at "what was said" and that is it, because if you tell someone they're "fucking dumb" or "fucking retarded", blizzard aren't going to care about why it was said. in the minds of someone loathing their job (have you done CS? people hate it) and someone wanting to get out of work on time, they're going to deliver a penalty.

it's a dumb fucking idea.
    Nothing dumb about it. Again these behaviors have always been against the terms of use and have always been reportable. This is simply a new method of punishment. Nothing more nothing less. They won't need to hire more GMs as the number of reports is unlikely to change in any significant number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'm not kidding anyone. I was there and experienced it. The community was factually more mature and more social due to how the game was structured and who was playing at the time. The biggest thing was no Paid Name Changes and (for a time) no Server Transfers. That made each community its own entity where you only succeeded by building up your own player reputation by acting like an actual human being (skill, professions, personality, etc). Do you disagree?
    The only reputation that mattered during vanilla was if you could contribute to progression. If you could then you got a free pass to do whatever you want and most of the people doing all of this supposed blacklisting were the ones you and others claimed were shut out for being toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Or they can get rid of Cross realm zone and Bring back the community that you people desperately want. We can begin to Blacklist bad players and people like you again so we don't have to bother with you ever again.

You can cry to Blizzard about how you never got to experience raids because you didn't have people to carry you past the first tier.
    And this quote is a good example of what I said in my last post.

- - - Updated - - -

People will just say that you have "rose tinted glasses and a bad case of nostalgia" and have no idea wtf you're talking about. The world we live in.

Absolutely the kind of people this system will punish are the ones who made this game great. It will also obviously punish the Chinese... which is fine. Fuck the Chinese. Not as a people, mind you, just as gold farmers.
    And here is another good example.

- - - Updated - - -

As said many times in this thread you're delusional if you really believe Blizzard is going to go thru every report. They're going to hand these out based off X reports just like they do now and do in other games.

When people think they have the power to get people banned they're going to be throwing out more reports than ever before. They're going to be so flooded with reports it will never be possible to read them all.
    Blizzard has zero tolerance for abusing their customer support systems and have a history of permanently closing accounts over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, you do realize there was just a huge fiasco where a multi boxer was using all his toons to report and get people punished right? it was automated just like this is going to be.
    Blizzard already said the action taken against that person was not for what he was reported for but another entirely different terms of use violation which came to light due to the reports. I guess that pretty much blows the whole "hurr durr bli$$ automates for the monies" bullshit out of the water.

So... can silenced players use LFD/Raid Finder? Because if they can that's just asking for angry Silenced people to join just so they can intentionally wipe the group and generally just makes things as miserable as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    What the actual fook blizzard?

You have gone full retard do not ever go full retard.

Whats wrong with the ignore option?
    How am i supposed to call the mouth breathing mongoloids out now? When they can just report me for no reason then just been idiots and not understanding they god damn suck and should delete WoW instead of wasting ppls time?
    Judging from the amount of thought you clearly put in presenting your post in a critical manner, I'm sure you're way more critical and objective when telling people they're not playing optimal, and asking them nicely to please improve their gameplay. You appear to be a great guy, giving constructive criticism, clearly.

You shouldn't worry about being silenced at all.
    Hi

How exactly does this have nothing to do with it? This has everything to do with it. They claimed before it wasn't automated but that was proven to not be true. Blizzard lied about that I don't expect them to have the time to go thru hundreds of thousands of reported being flooded in if they couldn't review them before.

You put way to much faith in Blizzard.

I'm not being smug I'm looking at the evidence that was put before everyone.
    So you claim Blizzard never looks at reports and automates punishment and then used an example where Blizzard not only looked at a series of mass reports and determined there was no violation but also reviewed the account anyway and did find an actual violation and punished the account owner for it? Can't tell if troll or stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Meh. I'll just be more silent than usual in game just in case some asshole decides to report me.

I'll only speak when I absolutely have to from now on.
    If you can't determine what behavior is and isn't a terms of use violation that is probably a wise choice. It really isn't hard to not be an abusive asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Go look up the "Halo: Reach Mute Ban" on google. Bungie put in a similar system for their game. Where it would automatically mute players if they were muted enough times. There's so many results of people getting wrongfully banned. I KNOW some of them. I was one of them. Systems like this never work. Blizzard is not going to be monitoring this. They'll put it it and stop giving a shit.
    This system isn't automated. Stop trolling. And yes those of you posting this bullshit are trolling and damn well know it.

Eat it, you idiot spammers.

Another feature for antisocials. Adds nothing to my experience and ensures that only boring chats will remain ingame. L

What people say, especially Blizzard, =/= what people do, especially Blizzard. You're also arguing a hypothetical. That they hypothetically do what they said. A pretty unreasonable hypothetical given their track record.
    No one that has worked for Blizzard customer support past or present has ever said or shown evidence that these types of things are automated. Seriously just shut it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    Like they taken possible abuse into account when they designed vote kick feature in dungeons? Tell me how long it took them to fix that ? Oh wait, they never did.
    The whole point of the vote kick feature is to allow the majority of a group to get rid of someone hindering their progress. How is that abuse? That is the whole god damn point.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't see how a chat can suddenly become boring if you take away the spamming and insults
    Yup, if tend to be antisocial, it's only because of the said uncontrollable, ever-persisting lifestyle-asshats. Not because of LFR, not because of I don't want to socialize.

Ready for your safe spaces everyone? Because everyone's skin is going to thin out a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said many times in this thread you're delusional if you really believe Blizzard is going to go thru every report. They're going to hand these out based off X reports just like they do now and do in other games.
    They won't need to really. All reports can likely come with a flag on them about whether or not the post violated the language filter. A quick check and it's done. No, they won't get to everyone at first but after a while, it will self-sort itself out. People will either learn or there will be many fewer violators posting in public channels. Either way, it's possible that things will improve but it will take some time. If it doesn't work out we're no worse off than we are now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I didnt say it was OK. What I clearly said was that since money is involved Blizzard may be a bit more cautious.
    There is money involved in all of Blizzard's games. Free to play money spends just the same as subscription money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    This will be bad for oceanic servers lol. But I guess some people feel a mature language filter and ignore option isn't enough and that every cunt needs to be punished because mean words.
    That isn't why the ignore feature exists nor is it justification to treat people like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menzolies View Post
    I think its a great idea as long as its not exploited
    Considering it only applies to terms of use violations and it isn't automated, it can't and won't be exploited. Unless you think using a system for its intended purpose is an exploit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Codezlol View Post
    What? Doesn't Blizzard have a freaking achievement or something named after this?

This is gonna lead people to abuse the system, I can see it now. "insert random politic argument here" Omg i'm reporting this guy he doesn't agree with me wahh wah wahhh.

And it will be automated. The porcelain skin comment was 100% accurate, so many people like to whine and there will be thousands of reports daily, do you honestly think Blizzard will pay people to manually go through and investigate every single report? Lol

I am for an IMPROVED ignore feature of some sort, but this seems like this money could be spent elsewhere like attempting to endure inevitable face plant subs are gonna do 3 months after launch.

My 2c.
    Again the only change here is method of punishment. Blizzard has been paying people to read these reports for 11 years. This isn't new.

I just find this censorship disturbing. Life is about dealing with jerks and assholes too. I like occasionally seeing a manchild screaming and insulting everyone in trade. I dunno it kind of breaks up the flow of LFM STUPID RAID LFM WTS 500K PST SELLING RUNS SELLING GOLD BLAH BLAH. But the pwecious SJWs must be appeased

This video pretty much sums up my thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8TqgJj0Gw

We have a freaking ignore function already use it. It does seem like a ploy for Blizzard to mute racist/raging players without actually banning them to retain their subscription/money.
    Because Blizzard totally didn't ban at least 250k players in multiple back to back banwaves this year or anything. Oh wait..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I very much agree with that.

Just improve the system thats already there and gamers are familiar with.

No need for a second system when the first would do just the same if expanded a bit (account wide being one of them) and leave it totally in the players hands to deal with things they don't like if they wanted as well as it being an immediate action to chats they dislike.

Reporting and waiting to see if something happens. Seems like it's not well thought out. A second system just seems odd.
    Account wide ignore doesn't stop that player from harassing someone else and then another and another and another and so on. This new penalty stops these people cold and makes their actions have very real and tangible consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    So... can silenced players use LFD/Raid Finder? Because if they can that's just asking for angry Silenced people to join just so they can intentionally wipe the group and generally just makes things as miserable as possible.
    Is that not happening anyway?

Good. Clearing out the trolls will only be a positive for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How dare blizzard attempt to clean up some of the negative aspects of its game! Oh the horror!
    It totally won't be abused.

And people will definitely refrain from labeling everything said that they don't like as "negative aspects".

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm fine with it, but I'm going to abuse it because I'm still an asshole.
    Well...um.....at least you are honest. That's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because Blizzard totally didn't ban at least 250k players in multiple back to back banwaves this year or anything. Oh wait..

- - - Updated - - -

Account wide ignore doesn't stop that player from harassing someone else and then another and another and another and so on. This new penalty stops these people cold and makes their actions have very real and tangible consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that not happening anyway?
    6 month bans. That doesn't look permanent to me.

You're also comparing botting to telling someone to kill themselves.

It's no secret that Blizzard has moved away from perma bans to retain the subs since the game is lower than it has ever been.

I think Telling people to kill themselves is far worse than someone botting if you was to compare the two.

Silence is way less of a punishment than a 6 month ban. You can actually play silenced for the X amount of time you've been punished.

Quote Originally Posted by frostybacon View Post
    I just find this censorship disturbing. Life is about dealing with jerks and assholes too. I like occasionally seeing a manchild screaming and insulting everyone in trade. I dunno it kind of breaks up the flow of LFM STUPID RAID LFM WTS 500K PST SELLING RUNS SELLING GOLD BLAH BLAH. But the pwecious SJWs must be appeased
    Life is about having consequences for your actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    It totally won't be abused.

And people will definitely refrain from labeling everything said that they don't like as "negative aspects".

/s
    The terms of use for Wow hasn't changed in 11 years and that is what support staff will be basing account actions on when they silence players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    Well...um.....at least you are honest. That's a start.
    Well this system doesn't affect me at all. I don't say mean things to people because I'd feel bad. But getting my friends to report some guy over and over is funny. We'll see what happens.

When people could take a few insults/jokes and not get triggered for no reason, it was a good time for online gaming since that's how actual socializing tends to work. You take a few hits, fire off a few, and everything's settled by the day's end.

It's because all these thin-skinned cretins take themselves so seriously—any little prodding pops their sensitive ego bubbles—that everything is considered "negative" if it isn't completely sterile.