Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    From the videos I've seen it seems that most classes have been streamlined and reduced to only a couple of buttons.
    Shadow Priest looks pretty fun though
    Yeah, SPriest is definitely the highlight. From what I tried on PTR and a bit in the beta, they are the most fun ranged class bar none. Lots of customisation, fun and fluid rotation, ability to go totally mental with Surrender, amazing visuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    New build mentions Aimed Shot being instant. I assume it's an error?

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    It said the same thing last datamined patch and it was an error, so this one is most likely gonna follow suit.
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    It also shows a very heavy nerf after just being buffed, its errors everywhere, wowhead datamined it at a 5% buff to 205% and still cast time

What will MM hunters main stat be out of interest? Haven't looked in the thread for a while, is the spec slow paced?

If they nerfed the damage but made it instant cast, that's not a bad thing. If they nerfed the damage and it still takes 2secs to cast, what would be the point of putting aimed shot on the bars? Might as well just fire off 2 arcane shots lol

Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    If they nerfed the damage but made it instant cast, that's not a bad thing. If they nerfed the damage and it still takes 2secs to cast, what would be the point of putting aimed shot on the bars? Might as well just fire off 2 arcane shots lol
    They didn't nerf aimed shot. It's been buffed by 2%. Marked shot's been buffed by 10%. Arcane's been buffed by about 3-4%.

But windburst got nerfed 20%. Sidewinders' focus regen got nerfed hard and one of our strongest artifact traits got nerfed into the ground. I smell alot of buffs coming after this goes live.

Or at least alot of table flipping.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucksauce View Post
    They didn't nerf aimed shot. It's been buffed by 2%. Marked shot's been buffed by 10%. Arcane's been buffed by about 3-4%.

But windburst got nerfed 20%. Sidewinders' focus regen got nerfed hard and one of our strongest artifact traits got nerfed into the ground. I smell alot of buffs coming after this goes live.

Or at least alot of table flipping.
    If SW was almost mandatory, it was bound to be nerfed. Some might not like the idea, but would be forced to the talent for maximum efficiency.

Wowhead says Aimed 200 -> 205 % weapon damage (and still 2s cast)
    Arcane 125 -> 130 %WD
    Marked 225 -> 250 %WD
    Black Arrow 400 -> 640 %WD
    AMoC 117 -> 135 % of AP/tick
    LW 20% -> 18%
    Steady focus 10s -> 12s
    Windburst 1000 -> 800 %WD. Sounds still decent for something with quite low CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    If SW was almost mandatory, it was bound to be nerfed. Some might not like the idea, but would be forced to the talent for maximum efficiency.

Wowhead says Aimed 200 -> 205 % weapon damage (and still 2s cast)
    Arcane 125 -> 130 %WD
    Marked 225 -> 250 %WD
    Black Arrow 400 -> 640 %WD
    AMoC 117 -> 135 % of AP/tick
    LW 20% -> 18%
    Steady focus 10s -> 12s
    Windburst 1000 -> 800 %WD. Sounds still decent for something with quite low CD.
    I wonder if those changes make some kind of DOTs MM available aka:
    1. constant black arrow damage instead of rng lnl
    2. AMoC instead of barrage (of course AMoC with smart play reseting cd on certain fights).
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    I wonder if those changes make some kind of DOTs MM available aka:
    1. constant black arrow damage instead of rng lnl
    2. AMoC instead of barrage (of course AMoC with smart play reseting cd on certain fights).
    Not exactly because of DoTs, but I would like the option. Juggling AMoC on Archimonde's adds was quite fun. And I seriously hate barrage.

Not exactly because of DoTs, but I would like the option. Juggling AMoC on Archimonde's adds was quite fun. And I seriously hate barrage.
    There is also this 8 sec bleed from crits on Careful Aim talent.
    Too bad it is in the same row as Lone Wolf.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

If SW was almost mandatory, it was bound to be nerfed.
    Please, look deeper. It's mandatory becouse spec is broken. Quote from nearby topic: "The two stage debuff system just doesn't work. If Hunter's Mark is 100%, it's pointless. If it's not, it's annoying. That's why you see everyone advocate Sidewinders/Patient Sniper, because it bypasses Hunter's Mark and stacking Vulnerable."
    And i'm 100% agreed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    There is also this 8 sec bleed from crits on Careful Aim talent.
    Too bad it is in the same row as Lone Wolf.
    well, LW is getting weaker too and the pet deals 8-10% damage by itself already (last time I checked pet DPS as non BM was Gruul HC). So if you can get a ~8% overall damage increase out of it, why not take it over LW. I don't know how frequently ST-adds would have to show up for this though. It kinda bothers me that it's only for the first 20%.. You might get DPS out of a talent like that, but how exactly does it help the raid to burn down the first 20 somewhat faster? Most of the time it doesn't help at all, because bosses tend (not all of them) get harder later in the fight.

Good lord, levelling/questing with SW is pure garbage, 10seconds for recharge, no RNG for proc

glad i switched to HS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    well, LW is getting weaker too and the pet deals 8-10% damage by itself already (last time I checked pet DPS as non BM was Gruul HC). So if you can get a ~8% overall damage increase out of it, why not take it over LW. I don't know how frequently ST-adds would have to show up for this though. It kinda bothers me that it's only for the first 20%.. You might get DPS out of a talent like that, but how exactly does it help the raid to burn down the first 20 somewhat faster? Most of the time it doesn't help at all, because bosses tend (not all of them) get harder later in the fight.
    Is a question of if you can, I personally love pets...but so far still looking like LW is the best choice even with the 2% reduction.

The Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs.

As I mentioned last week, you can verify all of the updates. For example, Lone Wolf dropped to 18% damage. If you go to the Lone Wolf page, you'll see 0.18 listed as the Damage Multiplier. That simple

Also, the artifact trait, Windburst was reduced to 800%. You'll see the damage formula on the Windburst page has 8 * WeaponDamage.

We've also done a lot of work on all of the Hunter rotations, so they should be pretty solid. Compared to simC they are doing similar damage for BM and MM, and our Survival APL is quite a bit higher. We took a different approach for the SV rotation, which you can check out here. We alerted the SimC folks to that in this thread if you want to follow along (Swol's post). Just trying to make ALL the tools awesome.

If you have questions, you can also hit us up in our discord chat channel.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-07-14 at 04:16 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's just a matter of taste. Right now it just feels bland without all the cool stuff it could do. Combustion is being held in check, so you get no more of those crazy DPS moments if you time things really well. Ignite is just a flat damage bonus with pretty much no interactions, aside of spreading. No more Hot Streak timing, which might have been just a programming oversight in WoD, but felt cool to play around.

So, for the most part, it boils down to being the same Fire as Fire in WoD, just without all the funny and broken things, which feels just bland when you can be playing Frost or even Arcane with its crazy talents and fluidity. And the artifact ability doesn't make it much better imo.
    This just goes against everything i've seen of fire. You absolutely get some massive, bursty, awesome moments as fire. It's way more intuitive to do so as well.

Need to get 1 thing straight. should the vulnerable debuff have a 100% uptime ? i keep seeing a lot of negative feedback on MM. and personally , think they are going to be in a better state than they were.

I haven't seen anything yet about this but has anyone mathed out an optimal path for the MM artifact? BM is super obvious but to me it seems like there isn't a super obvious one that should be first second and third on it.

I'm pretty sure there's an optimal path laid out for MM on Trueshotlodge.ca