10+ Year Old Account
    Prediction: Brent Grimes will hire a divorce lawyer this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Prediction: Brent Grimes will hire a divorce lawyer this season.
    Haha, probably the best prediction yet.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    *Logs back in for the first time in months since he went through a stressful move and didn't play video games during it*

*Page 86*

Kay. Ya'll are quite zealous. It's not even July.

Since I don't feel inclined to read this whole thread, what's everyone's preliminary predictions this year? Who shines? Who crumbles?
    I guess now is as good a time as ever to break out division predictions:

AFC North Champs: Baltimore--Never has been bad twice in a row. Easiest schedule among the big 3. Steelers performace relies on too many assumptions and on Bell, Roethisberger, and Brown to occupy the field. Questionable D doesn't help their case either. Growing pains on offense and a tough beginning of the season will give Baltimore a comfy lead over the Bengals.

AFC South Champs:Indianpolis A healthy Luck and bolster O-Line will bring the Colts to pre-deflate gate form. A much better AFC West will hinder Houston, Jacksonville, and Tennensee.

AFC East: New England Brady becomes Foxboro's hero like he did in 2000 when New England gets thrashed in 2/3 of their first games. Jets benefited from a lackluster schedule and isn't about that life. Get ready for Sexy Rexy's last antics as a HC, and Gase does well enough for people to bet on the Dolphins in 2017.

AFC West: Kansas City All 4 teams won't be more than 2 games apart, and will leave Pitt and Cincys sweating bullets by Week 17.

AFC Championship will be between New England and *Insert AFC North/AFC West team here.

NFC North: Minnesota The Vikings will be in the NFC championship this year, even if Mike Zimmer's defense has to drag Bridgewater and co kicking and screaming to do it. Green Bay will be right with them, and Detroit and Chicago will duke it out to decide who made the right gambles in FA this year.

NFC South: Carolina Newton and Benjamin do some catching up, Quinn prepares for Matt Ryan's last go in 2017 after firing Shanahan by week 8, Brees finds a groove with the new offense but barely misses the WC, and the Bucs get a much needed reality check by the AFC/NFC West defenses.

NFC East: Dallas Washington won't like that, New York becomes the WC team nobody wants to play, and Philly gathers data points by replacing Bradford with Weinz by week 5.

NFC West: Seatle Ciara uses her goodies on Russell Willson. It's super effective! The offense will surprise people. Carson Palmer is one year older, and David Johnson will hit a sophmore slump. LA Ponders if Kobe Bryant can command an NFL Offense.

NFC Championship: Minnesota vs Seattle.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-07-13 at 05:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    NFC West: Seatle Ciara uses her goodies on Russell Willson. It's super effective! The offense will surprise people. Carson Palmer is one year older, and David Johnson will hit a sophmore slump. LA Ponders if Kobe Bryant can command an NFL Offense.
    good thing 9 months from now is after the post season tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brady's En Banc hearing for the Courts has been denied. Not exactly sure what Brady will do now, but this makes it far more likely that he's going to sit out the first 4 games of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    No news on tagged guys getting extensions, clock is ticking.

Saints may be about to sign Anquan Boldin, he's always been one of my favorite players, wouldn't mind having him for a year, see what he can still do.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That stuff usually doesn't happen until the day of the deadline. In Elway's case, the only one of his tagged guys that did not sign within a couple hours of the deadline was Matt Prater, and well kickers.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    That stuff usually doesn't happen until the day of the deadline. In Elway's case, the only one of his tagged guys that did not sign within a couple hours of the deadline was Matt Prater, and well kickers.
    Bengals won't have Eifert week 3.

Broncos shouldn't have Miller.

Deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Von Miller's newest deal.

I get it. You want to get paid. But you also have to realize it puts a huge damper on your image, and assumes a lot about your ego. Not the kind of person I'd want as a teammate, if you're not willing to take any less than THAT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see Bill Simmons interview Aaron Rodgers on his TV show?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Von Miller's newest deal.

I get it. You want to get paid. But you also have to realize it puts a huge damper on your image, and assumes a lot about your ego. Not the kind of person I'd want as a teammate, if you're not willing to take any less than THAT.
    These deals have a lot more to do with the agents than the players. When no name players like Vernon get big deals, big name players agents have to push for huge deals or it will make them look bad to future prospects. Even more so in the case of Miller's agent because he opened up his own firm not that long ago.

I usually really dislike giving anyone a huge deal because you end up in situations where you can't resign guys. There is a reason the big free agent teams usually stay bad every year. The only real brightside to this is that Denver is paying all 3 QBs less combined than a couple teams are paying their backup QB, let alone starter, plus some starters are on rookie and even ERFA deals. By the time they have to get resigned this deal will probably not look that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Bengals won't have Eifert week 3.

Broncos shouldn't have Miller.

Deal?
    I wouldn't pick the Broncos to win that game even if Dalton, Eifert and Green were all out even with Miller. So no Deal!

Deal is done!

Miller locked in for 6 more years with a mega contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Deal is done!

Miller locked in for 6 more years with a mega contract.
    Not sure where he got 140 million, everyone else is reporting 114.5. Hopefully this means they will start working on an extension for Sanders now.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess they put it up without editing it, at least the title is correct now...

- - - Updated - - -

If the breakdown out there is correct, this cap hit for 2016 is only somewhere between 6-7 million. Hopefully the cap increases a lot over the next 6 years or this is going to end up eating up a lot of cap space.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-07-15 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karlos Williams suspended for the first four games. Buffalo's offensive troubles from last year continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Brady stopping his fight, and taking the 4 game suspension to start the year. The Jimmy Garappolo era begins (at least to start the season).

Mo Wilkerson signed a 5 year contract which is basically a 2 year contract with options. Guaranteed money in the first 2 years basically what amounts to what they would have paid had the Franchise tagged him twice.

Jets should not have enough cash to get Fitzpatrick under contract should they wish. The jousting around signing him back already begun earlier int he week when there was a report that Geno Smith was handling himself much better around the building, acting like a leader and stepping up with his team mates. Too bad Geno Smith can't play Football though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I expect a happy NG in here any moment, cause his Amerson jersey seems to have been a good idea. Amerson signed a 4 year deal with the Raiders.

hey anyone interested in a 12 team "MMO-Champion" League??? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Tom Brady stopping his fight, and taking the 4 game suspension to start the year. The Jimmy Garappolo era begins (at least to start the season).

Mo Wilkerson signed a 5 year contract which is basically a 2 year contract with options. Guaranteed money in the first 2 years basically what amounts to what they would have paid had the Franchise tagged him twice.

Jets should not have enough cash to get Fitzpatrick under contract should they wish. The jousting around signing him back already begun earlier int he week when there was a report that Geno Smith was handling himself much better around the building, acting like a leader and stepping up with his team mates. Too bad Geno Smith can't play Football though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I expect a happy NG in here any moment, cause his Amerson jersey seems to have been a good idea. Amerson signed a 4 year deal with the Raiders.
    So happy that Brady is done fighting, only because I am so sick and tired of having NFL Network and ESPN waste hours of airtime to continuously discuss that bullshit. Just take the 4 game suspension, go back to your winning ways and everyone will have forgotten all about it. Because no one cares except the bitter Colts fan. lol

Wilkerson contract is pretty reasonable I think, he's an awesome player.

Can't believe Fitzpatrick won't be signed, it'll be Smith this year and Fitzy will be on his couch laughing when that team drops to 3-14. Than they'll pick another loser QB in the 1st round of 2017 Draft lol

If Geno is QB, only Jet's player I would draft is Forte and that's not til round like 6. Marshall and Decker will be WR 3 and/or 4 with Smith throwing the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Karlos Williams suspended for the first four games. Buffalo's offensive troubles from last year continue.
    Good, maybe he can use that time to lose all that weight he gained in the off season. ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

Saints may be about to sign Anquan Boldin, he's always been one of my favorite players, wouldn't mind having him for a year, see what he can still do.
    Ian Rapaport says that Saints sent an offer to Boldin this morning......so he could be a Saint by the end of the day, only time will tell. I think being around the receivers will be better as more of a "role model / teacher" off the field rather than much of a "target" on the field. Either way, he'd be a good addition at a fair price. Especially since it'll probably just be a 1 year deal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    hey anyone interested in a 12 team "MMO-Champion" League??? lol
    If you're talking about fantasy, we'll have a league start up closer to the season starting. In fact, the past couple years, we've have enough people for two leagues (though a few people joined both). Can't remember who was decided on creating the league this year.

If you're talking about fantasy, we'll have a league start up closer to the season starting. In fact, the past couple years, we've have enough people for two leagues (though a few people joined both). Can't remember who was decided on creating the league this year.
    well do me a favor and message me on here if that starts up again lol --- I already have my main league, but I'm always open to a second league for fun. I also play Draft Kings and Fan Duel with or without friends. Won some money last year on DK, hoping to do it again lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, like Pendulous said, @Alae will start up the league at some point during Training camp. At least, I assume he'll want to run things again. Until invites start officially it;s best to keep an eye on this thread, since the initial discussion about it will likely take place in here.

Personally I'm still leaning towards not playing fantasy this year. Between not feeling it at the end last year and likely being extremely busy this year with gaming I don;t think it;s wise to commit to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, like Pendulous said, @Alae will start up the league at some point during Training camp. At least, I assume he'll want to run things again. Until invites start officially it;s best to keep an eye on this thread, since the initial discussion about it will likely take place in here.

Personally I'm still leaning towards not playing fantasy this year. Between not feeling it at the end last year and likely being extremely busy this year with gaming I don;t think it;s wise to commit to it.
    Yeah iffy myself. I'm gonna be playing a lot of OW/Legion.