Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question [Spoilers]Several questions about the Falling Star questline

Feeling extremely nervous about Legion's new questline these days, so please allow me to ask a few questions.

1.In the questline, Xe'ra blamed the player and Akama, but she didn't blame A'dal.
    That's unreasonable. It's A'dal who ordered us to attack the Black Temple. There's no reason for the scriptwriters to forget A'dal: Furor was the Lead Quest Designer of the Burning Crusade. So where's A'dal's performance in Legion? Or what may be Xe'ra's excuse for not mentioning A'dal on purpose?

2.According to the survey in a former post, nearly 50% of the DH player will choose Altruis as their second in command and will choose Akama as one of their followers in the later questline. So Xe'ra's blaming a player's follower as 'True Betrayer'? Are you sure? So how can a DH player continue to regard Akama as his follower in the future? POOR AKAMA.

3.One of the DH's lines is "Fight fire with fire".
    They followed their lord and lost their eyes and tried hard to become the 20% ,then Xe'ra is telling them that their lord is the son of light and shadow?
    Considering the ending of the novel
    Will those ordinary DH abandon fel (and choose light) in the future?
    "Fight fire with light"is not coooooooool prefer "Fight fire with FIRE IN THE HOLE"(in Junkrat's voice)
    and where is the shadow?

4.Now they have determined the nature of the poor Akama; but how will they determine the nature of Vashj?

5.Xe'ra's words seems to contradict the official novel and even the judgment on Illidan in the Chronicle.
    As her words may cause huge lore problems, is there any chance that Xe'ra is a dreadlord?

Thank you for reading this. Sorry for my poor English.

All throughout Legion, Blizzard is just whitewashing Illidan's history to make him not look like a giant piece of shit.

Namely because they've turned him into Kerrigan, the savior of the universe.

I'm hoping this eventually leads to Xe'ra being evil with her own plans for Illidan rather than being super white washing of Illidan with retcons along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed something, but I got a distinct "all this has happened before, and will happen again" vibe from the whole thing. But she seems to imply that all of this had to happen, though she hasn't yet said why (my best guess is that it'll be that Illidan had to go through all of this suffering and rejection, etc, etc, to become strong enough to fight Sargeras, or something similar).

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I'm hoping this eventually leads to Xe'ra being evil with her own plans for Illidan rather than being super white washing of Illidan with retcons along the way.
    Lorewise, it's physically impossible for a Naaru to be evil unless they're in their void state.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

You summon her using the tears of elune, I highly doubt she is a dreadlord

7+ Year Old Account
    but it might be False vision from a High-rank Demon to us the players !?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

Lorewise, it's physically impossible for a Naaru to be evil unless they're in their void state.
    She's not really a naaru anymore though, she's just a shard of one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Xe'ra is an agent of the Void Lords. Mark my words.

why does she have to be a agent of the void lords, why can't the naaru themselves be assholes, maybe they want a all light universe and don't care about life if it gets in there way of that goal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    why does she have to be a agent of the void lords, why can't the naaru themselves be assholes, maybe they want a all light universe and don't care about life if it gets in there way of that goal.
    how can a Naaru, a Being of pure light, be an asshole ?!
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    The same way classic DnD paladins can be assholes, they just are.

Wanting the best possible end state doesn't mean you care about how things are before then. Besides, not all will desire that end state.

EDIT: By the way, has wow lore ever stated that Light = Good or is that the assumption we all made based on the standard motif?
    Last edited by mmoc7a2ccf784d; 2016-07-10 at 08:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    The same way classic DnD paladins can be assholes, they just are.

Wanting the best possible end state doesn't mean you care about how things are before then. Besides, not all will desire that end state.

EDIT: By the way, has wow lore ever stated that Light = Good or is that the assumption we all made based on the standard motif?
    it didn't state the light is good, but It did state that the Void is Evil and the "Light" is the opposite of Void, so the light = good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Tyranical and not caring about the "little ones" is still evil in my book. Like douche Xe'ra's whitewashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    "Light" and "Void" aren't "Good" and "Evil". It just is. See the Scarlet Crusaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    It was never stated, some people assume it without knowing that Blizzard is taking a page from Babylon 5 (Velen = Valen; Naaru = Vorlon; Void = Shadow).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaroc View Post
    Feeling extremely nervous about Legion's new questline these days.
    I think you just need to calm down and take a deep breath in that case.

This kinda reminds me of last months classic "me and my friend looked at each other in confusion" post.

I personally truly believe that we are going to raid this Xe'ra thing, or whatever her remains, in the future. I do not think a Naaru can be the Jesus of WOW.

According to how she supports what Illidan has done, I can assume that such a 'noble','high perspective','super old' light battery, like Xe'ra, may believe that it is every weaks' normal duty to sacrifice for the strongers, when there is a large crisis.

And I think at some point, Xe'ra or Xe'ra's thoughts may ask every creatures on Azeroth to sacrifice themselves in order to aid her beloved light&shadow little baby to 'save' Azeroth. Then at that point, we have a very solid reason to get loots from her.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    That is the only reasonable explaination I can thought of now.

I mean, there is no way that Blizzard's writers would let a 'always right thing' to present such piece of [smelly compound], unless they are fully [offensive word], [insulting word] and suffering form [mental disease].

There is no way...right?

Or maybe it's not that complicated, just as you said, one of Furor and Xe'ra is a dreadlord.
    Last edited by lcycat; 2016-07-10 at 04:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think she's a dreadlord, but there's something weird going on for sure. Even in the book, Illidan noted that the blast of light to his eyes didn't hurt him.

The theory that she has something to do with the Void Lords may have merit. Those guys have every reason to want to see a fast end to the Burning Legion. But then again, Xe'ra warned Illidan of the Void Lords (not by name), so that makes little sense...

Yes. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

1.In the questline, Xe'ra blamed the player and Akama, but she didn't blame A'dal.
    That's unreasonable. It's A'dal who ordered us to attack the Black Temple. There's no reason for the scriptwriters to forget A'dal: Furor was the Lead Quest Designer of the Burning Crusade. So where's A'dal's performance in Legion? Or what may be Xe'ra's excuse for not mentioning A'dal on purpose?
    I guess the naaru don't have a hive mind. A'dal just didn't know about Illidan's "great destiny" or whatever.
    Xe'ra doesn't blame him because he's a naaru... or maybe she already talked to him about that, and considers him punished?

2.According to the survey in a former post, nearly 50% of the DH player will choose Altruis as their second in command and will choose Akama as one of their followers in the later questline. So Xe'ra's blaming a player's follower as 'True Betrayer'? Are you sure? So how can a DH player continue to regard Akama as his follower in the future? POOR AKAMA
    A second chance, I guess.
    Akama still hates the Legion as far as I know.

3.One of the DH's lines is "Fight fire with fire".
    They followed their lord and lost their eyes and tried hard to become the 20% ,then Xe'ra is telling them that their lord is the son of light and shadow?
    Considering the ending of the novel
    Will those ordinary DH abandon fel (and choose light) in the future?
    "Fight fire with light"is not coooooooool prefer "Fight fire with FIRE IN THE HOLE"(in Junkrat's voice)
    and where is the shadow?
    Nah, that's just for Illidan.
    I'm still hoping the whole "champion of Light" thing is a metaphor. He fights for the light, but using Fel.

4.Now they have determined the nature of the poor Akama; but how will they determine the nature of Vashj?
    Wasn't she loyal until the end?

Honestly, BC lore sucks. THey can retcon most of it and I'll be fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I would like this to be Xe'ra actually trying to White Wash Illidan, to give the rest of Azeroth a reason to fight along side the "Betrayer"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I would like this to be Xe'ra actually trying to White Wash Illidan, to give the rest of Azeroth a reason to fight along side the "Betrayer"
    I would like this too, it would be ultimate proof how much Blizzard writing sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I would like this too, it would be ultimate proof how much Blizzard writing sucks.
    Why not? she could be doing it intentionally cause that's the only way (and then we realize the true after everything is done and she goes like... "Well... This is not my problem anymore, Bye bye!!")

jk