Thread: [TV] Killjoys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Loved season one. Can't wait for Dark Matter and the Expanse to come back as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little mixed about this... I liked season one but it felt a little flat to me. The whole thing lacked soul.

I'm hoping it was just first season jitters and they'll settle in this season.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I liked this first episode. Good start to the season.

i preferreed this to the dark matter new episode that followed.

Great start to season 2. I am on the fence as to adding Pree as a main character. Thought he was great last season in drips, not sure if having him in every episode is going to work. Plus, suddenly turning him into this badass fighter all along is kinda dumb.

However, still a super fun show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm a little mixed about this... I liked season one but it felt a little flat to me. The whole thing lacked soul.

I'm hoping it was just first season jitters and they'll settle in this season.
    Yeah, I completely forgot about this the first time around, so I've been catching up on the first season.

I'm usually a bad judge on acting, but the overall quality's above par for Syfy...

but it isn't Firefly.

I keep having to remind myself that it can still be an ok show even if it isn't Firefly...

but its hard to figure out what exactly this show has going for it without that.

its definitely not Cowboy Bebop either.

In fact, if we'd seen a string of "Tonight, in a very special episode about Starbuck" episodes as in Cowboy Bebop... I might feel a little bit more invested in the characters....

as it is.... meh. (mind you, I still have a couple episodes left in season 1, so....)

The backdrop of worlds they've created in the show is fairly interesting, but doesn't have the momentum to drive the show while lacking compelling characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Great start to season 2. I am on the fence as to adding Pree as a main character. Thought he was great last season in drips, not sure if having him in every episode is going to work. Plus, suddenly turning him into this badass fighter all along is kinda dumb.

However, still a super fun show.
    I like that he's there though some might say it's too much of a sausage fest, but he brings a different element and I'd like to see that explored a bit, has a Chronicles of Riddick vibe about him.

Did they use the word Hells even once last season?

Don't know what but is annoys me that every other sentence seems to start with hells this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I like that he's there though some might say it's too much of a sausage fest, but he brings a different element and I'd like to see that explored a bit, has a Chronicles of Riddick vibe about him.
    Guess they are going to do a rotating fourth crew member this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

Guess they are going to do a rotating fourth crew member this season.
    Seems so, it would be kind of nice to have a full crew with the Doctor and the Monk and the kid geniuses, and Klyde as the dad figure. Would be nice.. so far it's nice to watch, they should make more of this.

you know I still don't understand their universe.. I had to google to get a break down of it, which means it's not really explained well during the series.

I enjoyed this episode too, more stuff happening, I did not expect things to move so fast though, normally speaks of a plot change that no longer needs certain developments stalled.. I still wish they had the big crew thing - but that may make it too much like Dark Matter.

They do have the big plot thing though going, but we haven't had much of that, and the universe seems really really small, you only ever see very few people around. I'm taking it's very low budget sci-fi

For instance, 'I had no idea they were part of a much larger system - the J-cluster - is that a galaxy? system/sector? or several galaxies?

How does the Quad relate to the rest of the J-cluster? It is presented as some sort of haven that everyone wants to get into, like Americans think of the U.S. Do they ever go outside the Quad?
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-07-30 at 08:46 PM.

The thing about Killjoys is that it is not what people typically think of these days when they think TV syfy. People think big expansive universes with long massive plots.

Killjoys is not really that. Killjoys is more along the lines of your typical network 30 minute comedy. It is about three people going on crazy adventures every week with a loose plot that threads more or less every episode together. With a few episodes that are the exception, you could still enjoy this show even if you had to watch a random episode rather then watching them in order.

Killjoys is not the Expanse, or even Dark Matter, those are more traditional modern syfy.

Unless they really change the arch of the show (which they might since they seem to be very blatantly hinting at some major war) I doubt the expanded universe will ever be much we learn about though the show itself, because it is largely irrelevant to the show.

By the way this has been a pretty good season. So far it has been much better then Dark Matter because Dark Matter has really gotten bogged down so far this season with no real direction.

Also renewed for a third season.

Even though Killjoys is my favorite summer show, I thought for sure it was going to get cancelled because of falling ratings, and the fact that Syfy seems to cancel shows the second they drop in ratings.

Wow the whole plot explained by Khlyen was cool, wish they did that earlier. It was too much to grasp.

This got big now, still, better than Dark Matter imo. Only thing good about DM is the Android.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Wow the whole plot explained by Khlyen was cool, wish they did that earlier. It was too much to grasp.

This got big now, still, better than Dark Matter imo. Only thing good about DM is the Android.
    I pretty much said that same thing to a friend last week. With Killjoys the characters work together really well, they've got really good chemistry, but with Dark Matter all of the actors are just so average and they don't really click together very well. Then Killjoys also has a clear plot line while Dark Matter is still trying to figure out what they're doing. I love Android though.

Deleted
    So, I got a bit worried for the future of the show, and whether it's getting cancelled or not even though it's getting a third season, when I realized that the guy on Killjoys playing Johnny Jaqobis...

...had signed up to do a new show called Conviction...

...but when I went to look at Aaron Ashmore's filmography and TV shows, I realized he wasn't on Conviction. It was Shawn Ashmore, his identical twin brother. Had no idea there were two of these guys. Well, live and learn!

I'm calling it now; there'll be a Killjoys episode with an "imposter Johnny" or a "cloned Johnny" at some point, with the brothers doing scenes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm calling it now; there'll be a Killjoys episode with an "imposter Johnny" or a "cloned Johnny" at some point, with the brothers doing scenes together.
    It's probably cheaper to edit him in the scene than to hire his brother.
    I quit watching this at like episode 4 or 5 into season 2. Are there any huge developments, is it worth picking it up again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. However, guest spots don't pay for shit these days. Something like $1000 a day at the cheapest IIRC. Plus, Shawn might want to do a guest spot on the show for pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, I got a bit worried for the future of the show, and whether it's getting cancelled or not even though it's getting a third season, when I realized that the guy on Killjoys playing Johnny Jaqobis...

...had signed up to do a new show called Conviction...

...but when I went to look at Aaron Ashmore's filmography and TV shows, I realized he wasn't on Conviction. It was Shawn Ashmore, his identical twin brother. Had no idea there were two of these guys. Well, live and learn!

i know it's k inda cute the two of them..ones' really nice apprently and the others an arsehole.

dunno which though.. i think Aaron's the nice one, Shawn's the prick.. Shawn was/is in X-men...it effects the others appeal if one gets in a crappy show and the other doesnt'..cos all america sees is the one face

I hope they get on, but i can't help but wonder how it must feel..they really should work together to ensure each gets similar gigs, so they boost their rep rather than tear it down. Same face

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah I did the same thing, but with this show and the Following.

Apparently they HAVE subbed in for eachother, when ill/unable to work, the other twin can cover for them. As long as the other twin isn't ALSO busy.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I quit watching this at like episode 4 or 5 into season 2. Are there any huge developments, is it worth picking it up again?
    It appears that are trying to expand the scope of the show to to give it this sort of standard sci-fi narrative. However, I think it will always pretty much be about the small team of bounty hunters with a rotating special guest cast. They really trimmed the sails by the end of last season giving them lots of room to work next season.

I'm biased since it is my favorite summer show, however, if you don't like it after a season and a half my guess is that it is just not going to be your cup of tea.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha yeah I did the same thing, but with this show and the Following.
    Yeah, I just assumed it was the same guy from the following. Their voices are even the same.