Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    touch of death is still "bugged" not doing full damage. anyone else confirm?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    Serenity have felt to short as 10 sec duration for a long time now... I hoped for 15 sec and maybe nerf it's damage and they go make it 8 sec duration? Urgh, I really don't want to use anything else in pvp :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    It was doing full dmg in arena 2 days ago for me. Might say it's a bit op too.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its intended. Rather than 100% and no mastery its not 50% and benefits from Mastery. Its a necessary change.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Its intended. Rather than 100% and no mastery its not 50% and benefits from Mastery. Its a necessary change.
    so how will that work with the legendary cape that increases it to 150%? and why is it a necessary change?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

so how will that work with the legendary cape that increases it to 150%? and why is it a necessary change?
    The legendary cape affects touch of karma, not ToD

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    The legendary cape affects touch of karma, not ToD
    oh derp. thanks

Does Eye of the Tiger in any way compete with Chi Wave yet? Considering how unreliable Chi Wave bounces can be sometimes I wouldn't mind having a fire and forget spell for the first row. Also noticed that if you're attacking a target and then use paralysis it removes the DOT effect similar to the old glyph, always nice for PvP.

Well, with Chi Orb nuked out of orbit and Serenity nerfed into further irrelevance, they've made sure my monk won't be my main if I have to use that hideously malformed Whirling Dragon Punch ability.

That nerf to Xuen was also hilarious.

Enhancement shaman seems a lot more appealing now, at least my weapons will be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Well, with Chi Orb nuked out of orbit and Serenity nerfed into further irrelevance, they've made sure my monk won't be my main if I have to use that hideously malformed Whirling Dragon Punch ability.

That nerf to Xuen was also hilarious.

Enhancement shaman seems a lot more appealing now, at least my weapons will be visible.
    You are the only person I've seen complaining about WDP lol, the animation of chi orbit is way worse

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    You are the only person I've seen complaining about WDP lol, the animation of chi orbit is way worse
    A look through this thread and the beta one would tell you I'm not the only one complaining about that garbage wooden animation, but if this is the only MMO you have ever played I can see why you're used to terrible animations.

I mean, your comment about chi orbit doesn't even make any sense. It's chi, orbiting around your character. Sounds to me more like you projecting your dislike for a passive talent onto the animation. Completely separate issues.

But hey, enjoy. Now everyone is forced to play WDP, so cheers to those who like that ability.

All it needed was to be like 5% ahead. Now they halved the Chi Orbit AP contribution and made sure the talent can never be justified in any raid or mythic dungeon setting, pigeonholing everyone into WDP.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-13 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    It’s also unclear if the buffs to the majority of the abilities will make up for Serenity‘s nerf.
    Could you maybe rephrase? I can't quite understand what do you mean by that...

He means that all these cooldown based abilities that got buffed (RSK, SoTW, RJW), whose cooldown serenity reduces and thus benefits from, may not compensate for the duration nerf to Serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    He means that all these cooldown based abilities that got buffed (RSK, SoTW, RJW), whose cooldown serenity reduces and thus benefits from, may not compensate for the duration nerf to Serenity.
    I was just trying to delicately point out that thinking they are even remotely comparable is silly, they are on an entirely different scale.. but thanks I suppose^^

I dunno. The math will have the final say, but it seems plausible that Serenity might actually be getting a slight net buff. Before you jump down my throat, I'm not saying that's the case. I'm saying it seems plausible at a glance. It's a moot point though since I'm not interested in any talent that replaces SEF.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    I dunno. The math will have the final say, but it seems plausible that Serenity might actually be getting a slight net buff. Before you jump down my throat, I'm not saying that's the case. I'm saying it seems plausible at a glance. It's a moot point though since I'm not interested in any talent that replaces SEF.
    Ugh I think you got it confused a little... it isn't a slight net buff

It's a GIGANTIC buff, those 2 seconds mean nothing when put against the massive buffs we got to pretty much everything else...

Eye of the Tiger will never compete as long as it is tied to 1 target. I thought they were making it the cleave talent that will be better than chi burst/chi wave for like 2 or 3 targets or something idk. However for how it is on beta I don't see them making a passive you literally can't mess up that gives better dps than two iconic active abilities (are they even iconic? they are to me damnit).

Deleted
    Hol up

I was just messing around with my Monk on the PTR, not played him since the end of MoP. Can you really not transmog the invisible fists anymore? Having dumb looking fist weapons teleport on and off my hands every time I do an attack is stupid looking, especially with how big the Artifact Fists are.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    Ugh I think you got it confused a little... it isn't a slight net buff

It's a GIGANTIC buff, those 2 seconds mean nothing when put against the massive buffs we got to pretty much everything else...
    He meant an overall buff to Serenity, not to WW in general. Because Serenity reduced RSK CD to 5 seconds, FoF to 12 seconds, and SotW to 20 seconds, you get a damage benefit from Serenity even after the 8 seconds. And while you lost 2 seconds of 40% boosted damage, they buffed the abilities it affects, so you can attribute that damage to Serenity. Definitely not a gigantic buff, and may end up still being a nerf, but overall they do offset each other somewhat. WW overall did get buffed tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noob question time:

How exactly do I open with these talents: Chi Wave/EElixir/RJW/WDP?

So far I've gone: SEF->ToD->Elixir->Windlord->FoF->Palm->RSK->WDP->normal rotation.

Does that sound somewhat ok? I'm fairly comfortable playing WW and really enjoy it but that opener is a bit of a question for me. Personally I don't really like EElixir but I don't think Ascension is quite up to par atm and Power Strikes is just laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    Does Eye of the Tiger in any way compete with Chi Wave yet? Considering how unreliable Chi Wave bounces can be sometimes I wouldn't mind having a fire and forget spell for the first row. Also noticed that if you're attacking a target and then use paralysis it removes the DOT effect similar to the old glyph, always nice for PvP.
    Eye of the tiger is slightly behind CW. If there are multiple targets then EotT has a higher chance of doing more priority damage since it's all focused on one target, how we CW will do more damage overall. It's mostly moot because if there's more than one target you're going to take Chi Burst 100% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Noob question time:

How exactly do I open with these talents: Chi Wave/EElixir/RJW/WDP?

So far I've gone: SEF->ToD->Elixir->Windlord->FoF->Palm->RSK->WDP->normal rotation.

Does that sound somewhat ok? I'm fairly comfortable playing WW and really enjoy it but that opener is a bit of a question for me. Personally I don't really like EElixir but I don't think Ascension is quite up to par atm and Power Strikes is just laughable.
    Hardly a noob question since you're talking about content that's not even out yet, but that opener looks fine enough. If switch strike and FoF, but it's mostly the same.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch