Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Justin Treadeau will use words to hurt them.
    Justin Trudeau is the type of caring, sensitive male who will one day inevitably snap, most likely by running through the streets of Canada naked and screaming "PATRIARCHY! PATRIARCHY!" while flogging women in the streets

They should never again be considered to sing the national anthem.

When you use you performance to advance an all lives matter platform its wildly inappropriate, when you use your performance to advance the Black Lives Matter movement its "art" and "justice"
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    They should never again be considered to sing the national anthem.
    Again, It was just one guy that did it and he was immediately suspended from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    So if it's not towing the black agenda it's racist? Isn't that racist in itself?
    Tenni is a cuck, what did you expect?

It's pretty embarrassing to apologize for essentially saying: I don't care what race you are, your life matters because you are part of the human brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    When you use you performance to advance an all lives matter platform its wildly inappropriate, when you use your performance to advance the Black Lives Matter movement its "art" and "justice"
    It's wildly inappropriate either way.

When you're singing the National Anthem it's not the fucking time to be making political statements.

Beyonce is a goddess though. I know I bow down to her.

I agree with the message of All Live Matter, if only to decry the lies and racism of BLM.
    That said, the anthem isn't a place for their political activism. Nor is inserting your own views into something you've been explicitly payed/contracted to do otherwise in.
    This group should have some punitive action taken against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Why is it embarrassing and why would legal action be taken ? And what law did they break exactly ? I'm so confused
    Its embarrassing because getting the honor to sing your country's National Anthem for a large audience in a Special game is something that most people would never get the chance to do.

The one guy ruined the other people's big moment by putting politics in it. I doubt there was any laws broken but a breach of contract was most likely broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Beyonce is a goddess though. I know I bow down to her.
    The NFL is going to learn one day how to avoid having controversy's during their super bowl halftime.....wait nvm they cant even get the players to stop doing dumb ass shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's pretty embarrassing to apologize for essentially saying: I don't care what race you are, your life matters because you are part of the human brotherhood
    They are apologizing for one member's attempt to hijack the National Anthem to make a political statement. If he said something about Black Lives Matter...it would be the same thing. Don't use that platform to espouse your political views...just sing the fucking song.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It's wildly inappropriate either way.

When you're singing the National Anthem it's not the fucking time to be making political statements.
    All Lives Matter = Wildly inappropriate

Black Lives Matter = sticking it to the white man for centuries of institutionalized racism
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Funny enough if he said, "black lives matters" and was punished, a city in Canada would be burned to the ground tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    I agree with the message of All Live Matter, if only to decry the lies and racism of BLM.
    That said, the anthem isn't a place for their political activism. Nor is inserting your own views into something you've been explicitly payed/contracted to do otherwise in.
    This group should have some punitive action taken against them.
    It was one guy. Not the whole group. And that guy was suspended.

Pretty much how it goes nowadays. If you're white, you're scum, if you're anything else, you're a perfect little angel that can do no wrong and everyone else has just been a big meanie to you your whole life.

/sarcasm

All Lives Matter = Wildly inappropriate

Black Lives Matter = sticking it to the white man for centuries of institutionalized racism
    All Lives Matter = Wildly Inappropriate
    Black Lives Matter = Wildly Inappropriate
    Blue Lives Matter = Wildly Inappropriate
    No Lives Matter = Wildly Inappropriate

You don't take the National Anthem of your country which you have been hired to perform at a Major Event and then twist it to serve up your own Political Agenda. I don't care what the message is...it's not the time for that shit.

They are apologizing for one member's attempt to hijack the National Anthem to make a political statement. If he said something about Black Lives Matter...it would be the same thing. Don't use that platform to espouse your political views...just sing the fucking song.
    I'm not so sure it would. have people apologized for BLM taking over... Pride Parade, Bernie & Hilary speaches, etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada seems to be a pretty awesome place to live, if this is the kind of problems people there are concerned with.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Blue Lives Matter= Wildly Inappropriate

You don't take the National Anthem of your country which you have been hired to perform at a Major Event and then twist it to serve up your own Political Agenda. I don't care what the message is...it's not the time for that shit.
    Oh I agree, just telling you what the SJW crowd thinks.

Blue Lives Matter= Wildly Inappropriate

Too bad this contradicts many of your past posts, and hence the bigger problem at hand. The fact that if this was a BLM agenda, you probably wouldn't even be commenting in this thread.