Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nightmare - Nighthold when do they open?

Will they be opening them at the same time or like Highmaul and BRF with a staggered time frame. This would make Nightmare pointless once nighthold opens? unless they are super hard ofc.

Any bluepost or update on how this would help as i cant get info on this that is confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be staggered like the last couple expansions, but I don't think the exact schedule has been released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    They will be staggered like the last couple expansions, but I don't think the exact schedule has been released yet.
    From what I could tell on the PTR (I could be wrong) but it looks as even though they are staggered they are the same ilvl, whereas Highmaul and BRF were not, correct? I do hope that the dungeon journal and the ilvl of said items are the same, even if they are staggered. It made highmaul completely irrelevant once BRF came out, and I hope this is how they plan on ensuring the two raids are viable.

I could be wrong, though, as all I had to go on was the PTR and dungeon journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    From what I could tell on the PTR (I could be wrong) but it looks as even though they are staggered they are the same ilvl, whereas Highmaul and BRF were not, correct? I do hope that the dungeon journal and the ilvl of said items are the same, even if they are staggered. It made highmaul completely irrelevant once BRF came out, and I hope this is how they plan on ensuring the two raids are viable.

I could be wrong, though, as all I had to go on was the PTR and dungeon journal.
    Still shows the same in the beta.

And for release they said it will follow same in WoD. Nightmare around 2-3 weeks after launch and I think they said in some interview BRF came out little too soon so nighthold will probably around 5-6 months after.

10+ Year Old Account

No, Blizzard recently tweeted that Nighthold gear is supposed to be better. The Dungeon Journal is probably a bit buggy still--it seems like the new item level scaling in Legion is giving the databases some issues.

EN will be relased like 3 week after expansion's start, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Still shows the same in the beta.

And for release they said it will follow same in WoD. Nightmare around 2-3 weeks after launch and I think they said in some interview BRF came out little too soon so nighthold will probably around 5-6 months after.
    5-6 months? Lol. Big lol. Brf come out 2 months after HM, so i suppose that NH will be relased at max 3 months after EN. 6 months of 7 bosses-intro raid will be pure bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

5-6 months? Lol. Big lol. Brf come out 2 months after HM, so i suppose that NH will be relased at max 3 months after EN. 6 months of 7 bosses-intro raid will be pure bullshit.
    I guess you didnt play the expansion because it was actually 4 months, not 2. BIG LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I guess you didnt play the expansion because it was actually 4 months, not 2. BIG LOL
    Neither of you are correct, the correct answer is that BRF came out three months after HM.

HM
    2 Dec 2014

BRF
    3 Feb 2015

They (Watcher) pretty much said Nighthold would be released in January in the live Q&A 3 weeks ago.

Technically Emerald Nightmare should be on September 13, only reason Highmaul was a bit longer is because the expansion was not released on a tuesday.

They said they would work on the pace between raids, which has always been an issue since the first raid tier always ends too soon and the last one always last way too long. It's a bit stupid how getting "Cutting Edge" is easy in the last tier and very hard in the first ones, hopefuly they fix that by making them last the same time. (Wishful thinking, it's Blizzard so it won't happen)
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-07-12 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    They (Watcher) pretty much said Nighthold would be released in January in the live Q&A 3 weeks ago.
    Can you show us a link?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Can you show us a link?
    I think it's somewhere in there, but I'm not going through that again. I think he said at the beginning of next year.

No, Blizzard recently tweeted that Nighthold gear is supposed to be better. The Dungeon Journal is probably a bit buggy still--it seems like the new item level scaling in Legion is giving the databases some issues.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Now in terms of "better" is it due to that being where the tier is, and other higher quality items, or just a flat ilvl? Sorry for the somewhat silly question, just curious on what they plan on doing, I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the clarification.

Now in terms of "better" is it due to that being where the tier is, and other higher quality items, or just a flat ilvl? Sorry for the somewhat silly question, just curious on what they plan on doing, I guess...
    Given that it was in response to a question about the item level scaling used in the raid tests, I would assume they meant it will be higher item level, but I guess it could be interpreted otherwise. *shrugs*

Given that it was in response to a question about the item level scaling used in the raid tests, I would assume they meant it will be higher item level, but I guess it could be interpreted otherwise. *shrugs*
    Yeah you're probably right in regards to ilvl. One can hope for otherwise though lol, but thanks again!

Deleted
    Nightmare be 3-4 weeks max after going live - Nighthold I guess be around 4-5 months after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Neither of you are correct, the correct answer is that BRF came out three months after HM.

HM
    2 Dec 2014

BRF
    3 Feb 2015
    three months is quite the interpretation of 63 days

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post

HM
    2 Dec 2014

BRF
    3 Feb 2015
    This is so embarrassing to read. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I was confused why you were embarrassed, then I did the math. I lol'ed

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Pretty much.

Dont do weed and browse the forums kids.

Some developer said in a recent interview that they thought that the BRF release was too close to HM, so they might be separated further this time.