Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Did RedGamer make another account to continue their headcanon crusade?
    yes.

yes he did.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    yes.

yes he did.
    I did make another account, however this "head-canon crusade" is fantasy living in the minds of the unintelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    actually now that i think about it..werent they around to fight orcs in the 1st war? its been 1000 years? ive got research to do i guess
    Not sure what you are confused about, we know that time flows differently in the Twisting Nether so despite only about 20 years having passed, it's been 1000 in the Nether and despite turalyon being a human, he hasn't aged in the Nether. What's there to be confused about?
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-07-11 at 05:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSFGames View Post
    I did make another account, however this "head-canon crusade" is fantasy living in the minds of the unintelligent.
    Oh and he admits it while still thinking hes some wounded intellectual knight. Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Oh and he admits it while still thinking hes some wounded intellectual knight. Priceless
    Remember kids, Forsaken's Plague is not the same thing as Blight herp derp.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-07-11 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Not sure what you are confused about, we know that time flows differently in the Twisting Nether so despite only about 20 years having passed, it's been 1000 in the Nether and despite turalyon being a human, he hasn't aged in the Nether. What's there to be confused about?
    It's just a bad "plot" device...

"We've been gone 40 years from your Azeroth perspective, but for us it's been more like 1000 years! But we're still alive and haven't aged...because magic."

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    It's just a bad "plot" device...

"We've been gone 40 years from your Azeroth perspective, but for us it's been more like 1000 years! But we're still alive and haven't aged...because magic."
    Just because something has been like that for a long time and people only now realizes, doesn't make it a "bad" lot device. The Twisting Nether has existed for over 10 years, and has always operated like that after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they have a big part to play. Maybe like Tyrion in WotLK? Where we follow him through ICC.

Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Menzolies View Post
    Hopefully they have a big part to play. Maybe like Tyrion in WotLK? Where we follow him through ICC.
    That's my suspicion too, there is so much they can do with that, it's not surprising they did anyway, we have to keep getting new and more things of the people and groups we like a lot, and they have to be free to do things like that

Excellent. More Human and Elf characters. Just what the doctor ordered.

An island full of inbred hillbilly half elves? Sign me up
    Hey! You already made that joke!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Umm.... nope. Pretty much every thing in here about time is wrong. The duration of a planet's orbit causing different length years doesn't mean time is moving differently there. It's like saying time moved differently between my friend and I because he walked 10 miles and I only walked 5.

Time does flow differently (time dilation) in different locations depending on relativistic velocities and gravitational effects. But this is something completely different.
    I've been imagining the Twisting Nether being like Narnia lately, except time outside doesn't freeze and you age a LOT more slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Hey! You already made that joke!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been imagining the Twisting Nether being like Narnia lately, except time outside doesn't freeze and you age a LOT more slowly.
    Old but a goody
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

More class than you.

"Um... nope. Pretty much every thing in here about time is wrong." Damn... That IS easy to write without using a brain!!!
    Making a new account to circumvent a ban. Admirable.

The fact that you, once again, refused to read past that to see how you were proved wrong is mildly amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    An island full of inbred hillbilly half elves? Sign me up
    ^^^^^^^ this

what

i... what?

Someone needs to post this guy to /r/iamverysmart. He'd be a perfect fit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    where did you read this? It definitely hasn't been 1000 years on Azeroth. It must be 1000 years on whatever planet they went to.

1. how did both survive for 1000 years? they are not like NEs with immortality
    2. you mean to say, they both had children and their children had more children and so on, it became a civilization?. sounds very stupid IMHO.
    yeah, definitely 1000 years on the planet they were on, not on Azeroth. And how they survived for 1000 years that is part of the mystery which I'm sure would get explained.

2. why does that sound stupid? they already had a son before they left who's now grown up. They could have left with an entire expeditionary force too of Elves and humans. We know the arcane has a way of prolonging your life, but that doesn't mean that other things can not either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Excellent. More Human and Elf characters. Just what the doctor ordered.
    well giving that they're the 2 most popular races in the game, it makes sense to get more of them - than the constant Orcs all the time.

Furthermore, it's not blizzard's focus on orcs or humans that was ever the problem, it was the ignoring of nearly everyone else literally all the time while they kept popping up every time. Especially after Warcraft 3, some people got in to this over other races like night elves or blood elves or forsaken - and those groups had much more significant uptime than they have had in wow. Especially night elves.

But it's blizzard's game. I hear a lot of talk about bringing back racial focus to the game by race order halls. This way, everyone will always get something about their race, in fact a lot about their race even though only a couple of races may be majorly involved with the new expansion campaign. Furthermore, I don't think all races are supposed to be on equal footing, some are clearly just extra options, important, but playing a less prominent role. Nothing wrong with that, just have to keep us getting more on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bad idea because alleira and turylon were the only ones who went missing, you find remainders in outland. Khadgar talks of how they went missing, not a small army. Not ention they'd be inbred at this point even if they had an army. The last thing we need is a civilization of TV tropes not only stealing blood elf culture and story, but inevitably coming off as special snowflakes one and all, being somehow better than the elves despite muddled bloodlines.

- - - Updated - - -

2. sounds stupid because 1. sounds stupid. 2. can't happen without 1. 1 is stupid because it sounds very unrealistic even for WOW. it seems canon. story written to connect some other story so that it will sound meaningful.

they had a son? I rem they made love one night in Turalyon's camp. but no, they didn't have a son yet.
    They retconned in a son
    Holy shit lol

Its a bad idea because alleira and turylon were the only ones who went missing, you find remainders in outland. Khadgar talks of how they went missing, not a small army. Not ention they'd be inbred at this point even if they had an army. The last thing we need is a civilization of TV tropes not only stealing blood elf culture and story, but inevitably coming off as special snowflakes one and all, being somehow better than the elves despite muddled bloodlines.

- - - Updated - - -

They retconned in a son
    can't accuse them of retconning when they mention things that happened that they didn't mention before. The original narrative is on the only thing that conceivably happens in it's time frame now is it.

They culd say that actually they ahd a group with them when this happened, or that several other groups also got to the same world as they did.

Lol. how wonderful. then they can very much retconn an entire civilization given 1000 years. haha
    Their son has actually been in the game since TBC, so it's a fairly old retcon. He was sat in Honor Hold talking about searching for his parents, and then absolutely nothing came of it.

Deleted
    Well. It sure can have a meaning, since it seems somewhat odd instead of using actual Azeroth time. This is some good hook for whatever story to follow, I however doubt they’d use it for some patch content. Seems more like an expansion hook to me, hooking whatever planet/area they were on.

I do think this is odd primarily because it could’ve been used the other way around a la:”what 20 years have passed? We’ve been away for just a minute something”. This way Blizzard could drasticly alter Azeroth.

As an Alliance player I’d highly wish they DON’T bring in more highelven stories. Some warped island with a whole civilization? Hm. I wish I could say I don’t see that coming but the Naaru apparently have the technology to do so (Genedar (Oshu’gun), Exodar).

Its a bad idea because alleira and turylon were the only ones who went missing, you find remainders in outland. Khadgar talks of how they went missing, not a small army.
    While I completely agree with you, it’s still possible. The sons might have just mentioned them because they were the only notable characters. In fact the only time (ingame) Turalyon’s whereabouts were mentioned when Arator (their son) asked Danath about it. He didn’t mention Alleria in that talk either.