Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    I'm seriously just tearing apart on what to play in Legion. Affliction is what I was hyped for after I first saw the artifact and then after the movie, but it's probably the most boring spec I've played and it also feels like it deals a lot less damage than Destruction (my Scepter is lvl 16 though, compared to lvl 14 Ulthalesh).

Destruction is fun and it feels kinda smooth, but it has no AoE whatsoever, have to spec quite some talents to be more efficient in AoE situations (the new FnB is killing me, good on AoE and nonexistent in ST fights).

Demo gameplay wise feels awesome, but I'm fcked if I move and it also deals pretty poor damage even with Implosion talent, which feels like a mandatory one for any situation (which is bad).
    Maybe just me but all 3 specs are pulling pretty close DPS in my game sessions.

Probably a bug, but it appears that Incinerate has the Fire and Brimstone effect even if the talent isn't selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Probably a bug, but it appears that Incinerate has the Fire and Brimstone effect even if the talent isn't selected.
    Definitely a bug if that's happening

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Destruction has a powerful single target if you pick correct talents, Destruction also has a powerful AoE if you pick correct talents.

If you pick a mix of it, you will have fine flexibility.
    I think the healthiest mixed builds are going to be the ones that are very selective of what they sacrifice... pun intended.

For example, it might be acceptable to run Sacrifice over Service for single target fights if the difference isn't major, especially factoring in Eradication. Conversely, running Service over Sacrifice on an aoe fight would be pretty foolish given the amount of damage you'd lose.

Similarly, Eradication over FnB is a no brainer on single target fights, and can be argued that with Sacrifice, RoF, and SC you won't even NEED FnB for aoe, so you may as well go with Eradication full time.

In a pinch, I can see destro have a "cookie cutter" build that performs well at just about anything to the point where it's not a huge loss if you can't switch talents. Ideally you would want to, but I feel like with some more numbers we'll be able to see that it hopefully won't be a huge loss if you can't.

The only tier this probably won't apply to is the first tier, as I'm sure Roaring Blaze is LEAGUES ahead of Shadow Burn for st, and vice versa.

Dimensional Ripper now has a 5% procc chance up from 4 %.

Hardly any changes to Destruction in this build which I find good. At this point I am happy with destruction and no new changes are good changes.
    I would still like if they changed Dimensional Ripper dramatically but that ain't gonna happen, so I'm ok with how the specc look for now

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Dimensional Ripper now has a 5% procc chance up from 4 %.

Hardly any changes to Destruction in this build which I find good. At this point I am happy with destruction and no new changes are good changes.
    I would still like if they changed Dimensional Ripper dramatically but that ain't gonna happen, so I'm ok with how the specc look for now
    I Wish Dimensional Ripper coul transform Incinerate and Rifts into the same skill, making Incinerating accumulating charges based on time on shards gain and time which leads into a Rift instead of Incinerate itself and with a 10% proc that cast a Rift instead a Normal Incinerate

Deleted
    Can someone explain to me this Roaring Blaze that everyone thinks is so extremely strong?

From what I've read in the description, Conflag "empowers" the existing immolate to tick higher, and this seems to stack (2x conflag makes the ticks even higher). However, the talent also says "until immo is refreshed", so that means, it ticks higher only for the remaining ticks. Even with that passive that allows you to refresh immo before it's fully expired (can't remember the name), that would still mean that the "new", longer immo has the "normal" ticks again.

So, why would that be so powerful?

Have only read the last 10-15 pages, so if this is answered already somewhere, please let me know.

@Socronoss because it makes immolate do a silly amount of damage when used properly. And that's even before our tier bonus which is going to make it possible to regularly have 3 conflags worth of buffs on immolate which will almost certainly make it our top dmg.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Immolate by default is already quite strong, and 60% is a pretty significant boost. Since Immo's duration is longer than Conflag's cooldown, if you play properly it should always have at least one boost on it and sometimes two. If you add in other effects like artifact traits, Eradication, and mastery, it can do some obscene damage. Occasionally I've seen 200-300k crits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had Immolate ticks that rival Shadowburn with Roaring Blaze and that is without tier of course.

What's the proper use of Roaring Blaze? This is my guess:

- Have an Immolate rolling on your target(s).
    - Bank all Conflagrate charges.
    - Make sure you don't have Shards so you don't overcap them with Conflag and the occasional Immolate proc.
    - Pandemic the Immolate (recast it).
    - Spam Conflagrate all you can before the empowered Immolate expires.
    - ???
    - Profit?

I'm not sure that's the proper way to use it, to be honest. I've tested it on ptr (level 100, tons of lag and no arctifact...) and it feels really clunky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    What's the proper use of Roaring Blaze? This is my guess:

- Have an Immolate rolling on your target(s).
    - Bank all Conflagrate charges.
    - Make sure you don't have Shards so you don't overcap them with Conflag and the occasional Immolate proc.
    - Pandemic the Immolate (recast it).
    - Spam Conflagrate all you can before the empowered Immolate expires.
    - ???
    - Profit?

I'm not sure that's the proper way to use it, to be honest. I've tested it on ptr (level 100, tons of lag and no arctifact...) and it feels really clunky to me.
    Ignoring the start of the fight for a moment, let's pretend you have a pandemic immolate = 18 + .3*18 = 23.4 seconds.

With say 10% haste your cooldown on conflag should go to 12/1.1 = 10.9 seconds.

So without set bonus, usage is easy. you get pandemic up, then use both charges of immolate. refresh immolate WITHOUT CLIPPING and repeat the cycle.

Once you have 3 charges on conflag from the set bonus, it's a little more complicated. you can't gear for a 7.8 second recharge (1/3 of 23.4), since you would need 12/7.8 = ~54% haste.

So let's assume you have more like the 10% in the first example. In that scenario you'd burn the first 3 conflag charges on your first immolate, but every subsequent immolate would only have 2 charges available. Alternatively you could alternate 3 -1 -3 -1.

If multiplicative (I think it is) two immolate cycles under this scenario would be roughly 275% normal ticking damage. Under a 2-2 cycle they would be about 250%. So a 3-1 cycle is about 10% better.

Now taking the opener and assuming no lust, I think it's likely you cast immo, cast 1 conflag, let the immo tick down until ~1 global before conflag recharge, then recast immo and start the cycle. Not sure about this though, sims will be helpful here.

All this is of course, pretending that fight timings don't matter. Which they do, especially when you are using wreak havoc. In those situations it's going to amount to: do the above, but prioritize saving charges for when priority adds with medium to high health spawn.

Hope that all makes sense, typed all of this while multitasking at work ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post

Destruction is fun and it feels kinda smooth, but it has no AoE whatsoever, have to spec quite some talents to be more efficient in AoE situations (the new FnB is killing me, good on AoE and nonexistent in ST fights).

This scares the shit outa me. Its pretty much a personal rule that my main in Legion has to have good AOE and good single target numbers. I am really banking on destro being the spec that provides that. On live, my preferred spec in Affliction but I can't abide being dumpster tier for AOE. It really bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengor View Post
    This scares the shit outa me. Its pretty much a personal rule that my main in Legion has to have good AOE and good single target numbers. I am really banking on destro being the spec that provides that. On live, my preferred spec in Affliction but I can't abide being dumpster tier for AOE. It really bothers me.
    I mean, sure, if you quote the guy saying that Destro has bad AoE and not the ones saying otherwise then you're gonna have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengor View Post
    Destructions AOE is more than fine and far above where affliction's AoE is on live, by orders of magnitude. The poster you quoted is exaggerating. Differences from WOD are:
    1. You will not be king of BURST AoE. No caster specs are. Pretty much a melee niche now as far as I can tell
    2. If you want to good AoE Damage you will have to spec for it, sacrificing some single target (and/or two-target cleave) dps.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I mean, sure, if you quote the guy saying that Destro has bad AoE and not the ones saying otherwise then you're gonna have a bad time.
    I quoted the guy who accurately portrayed one of my fears for locks in Legion. I didn't say he was right. Thanks for the productive comment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Destructions AOE is more than fine and far above where affliction's AoE is on live, by orders of magnitude. The poster you quoted is exaggerating. Differences from WOD are:
    1. You will not be king of BURST AoE. No caster specs are. Pretty much a melee niche now as far as I can tell
    2. If you want to good AoE Damage you will have to spec for it, sacrificing some single target (and/or two-target cleave) dps.
    Thank you. Seeing as the constant talent swapping is one of the things I'm looking forward to in Legion, I'm very pleased to hear that.

Hello fellow warlocks how is destro in general by now? My main account banned with 746 lock inside and leveled new one now with other ranged classes (mage-hunter-priest) all 100 now and can't decide what to main for Legion. Do you think destro will be go to spec with end game gear?

I am trying to level in Beta but it feels so clunky with 3 days cast time chaos bolts, purple soul shards, retarded cooldowns(wth i supposed to do in 10 sec dark soul cd-its too short), mana issues and mana tap, fnb "rework" for braindead people, spamming shadowburn with no execute requirements feels so awkward and boring with no animations. I really love the class but too much mess is

It escalated to tear post quickly sorry but i feel so angry and sad about new warlock specs. They gutted perfected specs for fantasy b.shit..

Hm i have a question about Roaring Blaze, is works with Havok? I know someone ask for this somewhere, but it seems i wasnt able to find it, the thread is rather long right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkan View Post
    Hm i have a question about Roaring Blaze, is works with Havok? I know someone ask for this somewhere, but it seems i wasnt able to find it, the thread is rather long right now...
    yes, it works with Havoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nordark View Post
    Hello fellow warlocks how is destro in general by now? My main account banned with 746 lock inside and leveled new one now with other ranged classes (mage-hunter-priest) all 100 now and can't decide what to main for Legion. Do you think destro will be go to spec with end game gear?

I am trying to level in Beta but it feels so clunky with 3 days cast time chaos bolts, purple soul shards, retarded cooldowns(wth i supposed to do in 10 sec dark soul cd-its too short), mana issues and mana tap, fnb "rework" for braindead people, spamming shadowburn with no execute requirements feels so awkward and boring with no animations. I really love the class but too much mess is

It escalated to tear post quickly sorry but i feel so angry and sad about new warlock specs. They gutted perfected specs for fantasy b.shit..
    Don't take random talents for starters.

Want shorter cast time Chaos Bolt? Mana Issues? Reverse Entropy. 10 seconds of Soul Harvest too short? Take Eradication and roll it with Chaos Bolts for much longer. Spamming Shadowburn? Why do you do it? The fact that it is no longer execute does not mean you have to roll your face over it - it is still best used as execute for shards, but now also can be used for mobility.

F&B braindead? As if it was super complex before.

You miss the whole point, you can change the spec the way you like with talents, so just do that and play it how you like.