Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Well since people who are silenced appear to be able to report people, it will just be report everybody while you are silenced just to fuck with the employees
    That's a quick way to get a ban instead of a silence.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    she wont even run them with guild groups because they have given her PTSD.

they have given her PTSD.

given her PTSD.
    and the argument immediately goes out the window.... yikes

So that means I can silence the Thunderfury spam on Trade Chat ???? Best news evah !
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    and the argument immediately goes out the window.... yikes
    Not sure i am following your point. which argument is that?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    League has no character investment. Losing that Warrior that you've had since Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk because you're an ass is much more effective than losing a two-years account at a F2P game.
    Ummm there is a ton of investment in your account in league. Much less the point you neglected is that people get banned in league for not being an "ass" as you claim. 90% of the people in wow will be doing like people do in league and I'm sure you'd be among them: Reporting people for saying something they simply didn't like that wasn't being vulgar or rude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Be honest though. With some of the toxic and hateful people that infest trade chat, LFR and PUG's, would you really want to talk to them? I sure as Hell don't.
    At least this could be a way to punish said toxic behaviour and maybe deter people from using anonymity to get away with acting like a complete asshat.
    The most "toxic" people are the people who use the word toxic like you just did. I would imagine you're a part of the real problem rather than those you'd report.

I wasent politically correct in chat and debated politics and religion, usually offending someone, in trade and was handed a dozen suspensions and a permanent ban without warning.
    Think they will unban my account and throw a silence on it instead?
    I know im going to ask them to when the prepatch comes out.
    Id really like my main hunter back that i have collected 19k achievement points on all my legendary and 1 million gold since vanilla.

Otherwise i will do nothing but rapidly deplete new content on my new account and just quit the second i feel even a minimal shred of bordem because all i worked for is gone already anyway.

id rather have a lifetime permanent chat ban than a account ban.
    ventrillo, skype and pol exists.
    Last edited by Daethz; 2016-07-13 at 06:05 AM.

Not sure i am following your point. which argument is that?
    If she has gotten PTSD from a video game, I'd rather not see how she handles things when a REAL crisis comes along. Don't take this personal, I am not trying to be a dick but, both of you need to get out of the house more.

A bunch of trolls in a video game have not got anything on some of the crazy shit that I have seen and been through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    The game just died. If I cannot yell at bad players who waste my time that's just game over. Casual bads win.
    So why are you playing with them?

Seriously, go play with your awesome raiding guild and GTFO of my LFR.

I am just happy that I will no longer have to see dumb shit from 13-year-olds like "Anal[Evicerate]" in Trade Chat anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Go look at previous posts of the people against the silence, the majority could use a break from posting here also.
    Anyone against it or possibly having problems with it is the type of person who is effected by this and therefore their opinion is invalid.

God do I love this kind of "You have nothing to disagree with unless you are one of the perpetrators." mentality. It's so intellectually dishonest it makes my skin crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    If she has gotten PTSD from a video game, I'd rather not see how she handles things when a REAL crisis comes along. Don't take this personal, I am not trying to be a dick but, both of you need to get out of the house more.

A bunch of trolls in a video game have not got anything on some of the crazy shit that I have seen and been through.
    It's a figure of speech. The point is that she literally will not do social activities in wow because the people we run into have been so obnoxious and shitty that she would rather stop playing at 100 and start a new character than ever deal with it again. Was that really so hard to understand?

If you have to say "not trying to be a dick" then you probably should rethink what you are saying. You could also try showing some empathy. I know you are super elite and have "seen" some stuff but not everyone appreciates being dumped on by strangers for 30 minutes while trying to have some fun. She didn't cry, she is (rightfully) opting not to experience that again because as you said "it's just a video game" and it isn't worth the hassle to her. Imagine a world where she could actually enjoy playing the game that she paid for though! I am thanks to this new system and it's delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    But the ignore list is capable of doing that, you'd be ignoring their Bnet not their name. Simple as that.

Day 1 a million, not even a hyperbole a MILLION reports will be made. Do you think any amount of human beings will be able to go through all ONE MILLION reports to find out if they're legit or not ? Nope. It's going to be an automated system, which if you were unaware, people have been banned, had youtube videos striked ect ect because the automated system is far from perfect. That means day 1 a million reports of "ohhh he said my dps sucked!!!" are going to go through and a huge chunk of people are going to be silenced. For telling some one they sucked, online. Yeah. Pathetic.
    Well maybe you shouldn't tell anyone they sucked and just set your expectations low when in a pug. If you are making the group, just kick that person with a constructive comment like 'I think your gearing and rotational skills aren't on par with what is required for this raid boss, I am pretty sure that with more gear you would be an asset for the team', or maybe just plainly ignore them and then you are set. Same with joining a group, just whisper the leader if you think that someone is underperforming and yet again, in a constructive way. If in LFR/LFD just don't give a shit, it's not like 5 man dungeons or 25 man raids can't be 2/15 manned respectively. And I know that automated systems can be horrible sometimes, but if you contact Blizzard and ask them to review your case it will most likely result in getting your account back to normal speed, considering this isn't a perma/big time period ban and if you ticket it, then blizz will surely look through it. People panic as if with the first report you will be banned for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Well maybe you shouldn't tell anyone they sucked and just set your expectations low when in a pug. If you are making the group, just kick that person with a constructive comment like 'I think your gearing and rotational skills aren't on par with what is required for this raid boss, I am pretty sure that with more gear you would be an asset for the team', or maybe just plainly ignore them and then you are set. Same with joining a group, just whisper the leader if you think that someone is underperforming and yet again, in a constructive way. If in LFR/LFD just don't give a shit, it's not like 5 man dungeons or 25 man raids can't be 2/15 manned respectively. And I know that automated systems can be horrible sometimes, but if you contact Blizzard and ask them to review your case it will most likely result in getting your account back to normal speed, considering this isn't a perma/big time period ban and if you ticket it, then blizz will surely look through it. People panic as if with the first report you will be banned for life.
    This is a great response and great examples of how you can interact with "sub par" players, since apparently so many people here do not understand how to approach it.

The real issue here is that people who are overbearing and obnoxious in the game have power right now over the players who aren't as good as them. They can berate and bully them until that person quits the activity, effectively silencing them. Now Blizzard is reversing that power structure so that the worse you act, the more literally you get silenced. That is why people are panicking. They know that their current behavior will no longer be tolerated in wow, just like it probably isn't tolerated in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you,Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

A bunch of trolls in a video game have not got anything on some of the crazy shit that I have seen and been through..
    There is no justification for being toxic in video games.

Also, it's cute that you somehow think that your own "personal level of experience" is relevant in a context about people being toxic.

You being "jaded", means jackshit. There is no reason to have to tolerate toxic people.

Especially if it's your own free time, that you spent money to be able to relax/enjoy in. It is THE LAST, place, that you should have to suffer the ineptitude of some "verbally unfortunate person" (read: Socially unadapted person who just can't surmount to acting nice).

- - - Updated - - -

This is a great response and great examples of how you can interact with "sub par" players, since apparently so many people here do not understand how to approach it.

The real issue here is that people who are overbearing and obnoxious in the game have power right now over the players who aren't as good as them. They can berate and bully them until that person quits the activity, effectively silencing them. Now Blizzard is reversing that power structure so that the worse you act, the more literally you get silenced. That is why people are panicking. They know that their current behavior will no longer be tolerated in wow, just like it probably isn't tolerated in real life.
    It is both funny and sad, to see people feel so deeply disturbed by the notion of not being able to be as toxic as they please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Anyone against it or possibly having problems with it is the type of person who is effected by this and therefore their opinion is invalid.

God do I love this kind of "You have nothing to disagree with unless you are one of the perpetrators." mentality. It's so intellectually dishonest it makes my skin crawl.
    The alternative is to assume that you WANT to have someone be able to rain down upon you with verbal toxicity. In a video game. With your free time involved.

People are merely giving you the favor of doubt, to assume that you have the self respect to not want to be on the level of dirt. Perhaps they are wrong?
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-07-13 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    I actually like this idea, but it comes some years too late for me.

Let's be honest: Freedom of speech doesn't include rude, aggressive, vulgar, racist and toxic insults against any person. Not even in a computer game. You are allowed to vocalize your point of view with real arguments and to find a constructive way to change the status quo. This hasn't anything to do with SJW, but with simple manners, coolness and empathy.

Unfortunately a lot of players aren't interested in finding a pragmatic solution for a problem. They want to express dominance, superiority and arrogance. It's never their fault, when things go wrong...

citizens of dalaran...

problem solved.

Over the last 12 years, I have been suspended for a day, three days, suspended and banned from the forums, etc. nothing major and to be expected with an account of a passionate player over more than a decade.

My concern is that I have seen this all before.

Remember when they first implemented flagging players in BGs? Yea, guilds flagged every player that wasn't in their guild and tons of players could not play the game through no fault of their own.

Blizzard also appears to not actually investigate these types of issues and reports; In all of the aforementioned suspensions and bans I have had I have never, not once EVER been emailed to notify me of the account action.

Not once ever. EVER! I cannot emphasize that enough. Not once EVER have i been notified. I ahve simply logged in to find the account action.

So, with Blizzards less than acceptable history of account action notification, this is what will happen:

Guilds and groups of players will abuse the system to get rid of people they don;t like, other guild leaders, former members; let alone chat trolls that are not doing anything wrong.

We already HAVE a reporting system with penalties after "investigation".

Considering that we already have these report abilities, this serves no other purpose than providing a social construct for the social groups of the game to shun other players account wide.

This is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Over the last 12 years, I have been suspended for a day, three days, suspended and banned from the forums, etc. nothing major and to be expected with an account of a passionate player over more than a decade.

My concern is that I have seen this all before.

Remember when they first implemented flagging players in BGs? Yea, guilds flagged every player that wasn't in their guild and tons of players could not play the game through no fault of their own.

Blizzard also appears to not actually investigate these types of issues and reports; In all of the aforementioned suspensions and bans I have had I have never, not once EVER been emailed to notify me of the account action.

Not once ever. EVER! I cannot emphasize that enough. Not once EVER have i been notified. I ahve simply logged in to find the account action.

So, with Blizzards less than acceptable history of account action notification, this is what will happen:

Guilds and groups of players will abuse the system to get rid of people they don;t like, other guild leaders, former members; let alone chat trolls that are not doing anything wrong.

We already HAVE a reporting system with penalties after "investigation".

Considering that we already have these report abilities, this serves no other purpose than providing a social construct for the social groups of the game to shun other players account wide.

This is ridiculous.
    It literally says after investigation in the OP.

I imagine that it'll be on the level of GM tickets, they are not automated either.

Hell
    It's about time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    I wasent politically correct in chat and debated politics and religion, usually offending someone, in trade and was handed a dozen suspensions and a permanent ban without warning.
    Think they will unban my account and throw a silence on it instead?
    I know im going to ask them to when the prepatch comes out.
    Id really like my main hunter back that i have collected 19k achievement points on all my legendary and 1 million gold since vanilla.

Otherwise i will do nothing but rapidly deplete new content on my new account and just quit the second i feel even a minimal shred of bordem because all i worked for is gone already anyway.

id rather have a lifetime permanent chat ban than a account ban.
    ventrillo, skype and pol exists.
    "Not being politically correct" is that the new trend now to describe someone's horrible behaviour, is "freedom of speech" out of fashion? Damn Blizzard permanently banning you.

Great job Blizzard for introducing this silence punishment. They will potentially lose less money than they do when they ban accounts, while at the same time crippling the ability of violators to insult others. Although certainly for serious violations like "not being politically correct" permanent bans will still come down heavy.
    Most amusing is the whining about the increasing duration of the Silence. Like... I intend to repeatedly insult people, how dare Blizzard increase my punishment?!

Troll tears gonna form a new Well of Eternity