Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    U wot m8?

How is Demon Blades better than Prepared now?

Is there anything in particular I can look at to see the proc conditions of Fel Barrage?
    The wowhead page might show it, but my internet is being a shit right now

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Yeah I get that but I have been casting nothing but Blade Dance and Demons bite on the 5 imps for like 10 mins and I have only ever seen it proc on the last hit so I think Blade Dance even though it hits what 3 times only has 1 chance to proc a charge and its the last hit.
    Double checking this, it seems as if the last one si the only one that is counted as actual damage; the rest is fluff that does damage somehow. Probably a deep classification thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    I'd love to know how demon blades managed to go from being worse than no talent, to being head and shoulders the best?
    Ha, it cracks me up that Van's "cancer" build is now the top dps build XD , well except for it now using momentum.[/QUOTE]

Got a massive damage boost. And it may have the same talents, but it plays *much* smoother. Uncancered itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    I'd love to know how demon blades managed to go from being worse than no talent, to being head and shoulders the best?
    They nerfed everything that was competing with it and buffed it from 50% to 75% in a recent patch before this IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    They nerfed everything that was competing with it and buffed it from 50% to 75% in a recent patch before this IIRC.
    It has nothing to do with that, and prepared & DA haven't been touched in a long, long time. The damage just got a mega-boost.

So its a "chemo" build now? :P

Keen to give this a try tonight, see how it all feels. I didnt see the demon blade changes documented, anyone got the run down on what changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It has nothing to do with that, and prepared & DA haven't been touched in a long, long time. The damage just got a mega-boost.
    So the actual shadow damage part of Demon Blades got buffed this patch? Is it because the tooltip does not say how much damage it does that it isn't picked up by data mining?

The wowhead page might show it, but my internet is being a shit right now

Double checking this, it seems as if the last one si the only one that is counted as actual damage; the rest is fluff that does damage somehow. Probably a deep classification thing.

Ha, it cracks me up that Van's "cancer" build is now the top dps build XD , well except for it now using momentum.
    Got a massive damage boost. And it may have the same talents, but it plays *much* smoother. Uncancered itself.[/QUOTE]

I blame you for giving Blizzard ideas!!!! *Grabs pitchfork* /sarcasm

Honestly it's still boring. 25% waiting in 840 gear. Not quite as bad as Early Mop Assassination rogue but still bad.

It doesn't show in data-mining because it's a spell effect that's not specified or something. That was the impression I got from the discord, anyway. It (and the Fbarrage changes) just aren't something that can be picked up, which is why it's gotta be messed with to see whats up

No, they nerfed Demon's Bite by quite a bit. I shouldn't have said everything. They nerfed Demon's bite from 305% to 260% and thus Demon Blades caught up relative to what it was. The artifact talent buffed both Demon's Bite and Demon's Blade (according to Wowhead) so the large base nerf to Demon's Bite slammed it into the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't show in data-mining because it's a spell effect that's not specified or something. That was the impression I got from the discord, anyway. It (and the Fbarrage changes) just aren't something that can be picked up, which is why it's gotta be messed with to see whats up
    Oh? Hmm, Blizzard commented on the Assassination rogue feedback and said that mutilate wasn't nerfed and they changed stuff 'under the hood'. I want to believe this is all just a datamining ruse and those of us who don't want this are getting worked up for nothing.

No, they nerfed Demon's Bite by quite a bit. I shouldn't have said everything. They nerfed Demon's bite from 305% to 260% and thus Demon Blades caught up relative to what it was. The artifact talent buffed both Demon's Bite and Demon's Blade (according to Wowhead) so the large base nerf to Demon's Bite slammed it into the ground.
    Demon's Bite nerf really doesn't have much to do with it. Mostly because Demon's Bite damage is irrelevant. Dblades would STILL be better, because it got buffed that much.

Also, I think i solved my internet issues.. router in closed closet behind glass doors, smh.

Demon's Bite nerf really doesn't have much to do with it. Mostly because Demon's Bite damage is irrelevant. Dblades would STILL be better, because it got buffed that much.

Also, I think i solved my internet issues.. router in closed closet behind glass doors, smh.
    I wonder what in the hell they changed then in order to swing things this hard. I'm not at all looking forward to this.

I wonder what in the hell they changed then in order to swing things this hard. I'm not at all looking forward to this.
    I am 99.9% sure Pawkets could answer in discord much better than I can relay, he's the pro

I'm so glad they took a spam heavy class and turned into being all about waiting Xd not to mention buffing the fuck out of something that removes buttons because you know thats good for gameplay right? take the two button spec to a one button spec?

I am 99.9% sure Pawkets could answer in discord much better than I can relay, he's the pro
    I don't have Discord installed. Ah well, I'll wait for the details to come out. The build with 25% waiting has 10-15% damage more than the fun specs so it would currently be the default spec no-matter-what. I did want to say thanks for the information you've provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alex wolf View Post
    I'm so glad they took a spam heavy class and turned into being all about waiting Xd not to mention buffing the fuck out of something that removes buttons because you know thats good for gameplay right? take the two button spec to a one button spec?
    Sarcasm is generally hard to hear through the internet but it feels like you're yelling it, lol. I can't blame you. The class got so much more fun at 102 and was great in raids even if its numbers weren't the best. I'm not even sure I want to main switch now. Assassination rogue is apparently one of the best dps specs and is fun even.

I don't have Discord installed. Ah well, I'll wait for the details to come out. The build with 25% waiting has 10-15% damage more than the fun specs so it would currently be the default spec no-matter-what. I did want to say thanks for the information you've provided.
    You can use it through your browser. (account setup ofc)

- - - Updated - - -

Sarcasm is generally hard to hear through the internet but it feels like you're yelling it, lol. I can't blame you. The class got so much more fun at 102 and was great in raids even if its numbers weren't the best. I'm not even sure I want to main switch now. Assassination rogue is apparently one of the best dps specs and is fun even.
    you dont need discord installed. go to the website. click the link in the resources page, it will open in a browser
    Science the shit out of it!

Get wrecked Qlix, I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedis View Post
    I'm rather curious where they stuck the 10th tick on Eye Beam. Right now, it has a rather intuitive design (all of these are before haste): it lasts for 2.0s, ticking instantly at every 0.25s thereafter. 2.0 divides neatly into 8 chunks, so including an initial tick, 9 ticks is easy. 10...quite a bit less so. I suspect some coder just got annoyed that it was 9 and 14 ticks instead of 10 and 15 (with Blind Fury) and "fixed" it. Remains to be seen how.
    It's a lot simpler than that. It always ticked every 200ms, but until now the first tick didn't actually cast a beam, presumably for animation reason (you spend part of the channel unfurling your wings and stuff). It does now, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedis View Post
    Did they fix Momentum duration? Last I checked, Momentum's duration was acting extremely oddly. Your equation isn't accounting for the fact that the total duration of the Demonic buff is reduced somewhat by your passive (not including Meta) haste level, since it's 5 + EBChannelTime, nor is it taking into account early clipping of EB. Blind Fury also makes it substantially easier to fit in 2 Death Sweeps, as it actually gives ~1.5s bonus to the duration of Demonic currently. All of that is likely a bug, but even without the bug, your equation won't hold up except in the special case of having no haste from gear (which is irrelevant, since you're trying to calculate the amount of haste needed for a second Death Sweep, which probably will not be 0%)
    Haven't heard of any Momentum duration bugs. And no, Demonic does not last 5 + EB seconds, it is a fixed 7 seconds. Blind Fury gives it an additional 2 seconds because the +1s is incorrectly being accounted for twice if you let the channel complete (may be fixed this build though).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    you dont need discord installed. go to the website. click the link in the resources page, it will open in a browser
    Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    You can use it through your browser. (account setup ofc)
    Thanks for the help but I'm not going to mess with it right now.

Fel Barrage procs off of everything.

E v e r y t h i n g. Except gold artifact traits. Damage insane.
    And itself, and trinkets. Demon Hunter abilities only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Even just regular auto attacks? Does it proc off itself too?
    No, harmful damage-dealing abilities only.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

like holy fuck the most fun I've ever had in wow was playing DH with the fel blade/prepared/nemesis/chaos blades build

I don't even understand why fel barrage exist or why fel blade isn't baseline

but more importantly the gcd locked play style of spaming demon bite + chaos strike was super fun the only change needed was a slight buff to eye beam so that it was worth using single target, instead we get this fucking awful "wait times of rogues with the resource system of warriors" shit pile