Thread: New hero - Ana

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like quite an interesting hero to play - can't wait for release.

If I like her, I'll probably go for Merciful -skin. Would've liked to have hood (and mask), but sadly one doesn't exist in white.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it, I'm not sure if she's really that good. Her damage is low like all other supports. Her mobility appears to be very low. Her heal is strong but intermittent rather than linked/aoe and requires aiming shots. Her sleep dart will be instantly broken in all pugs and group fights (it's really only that good for punishing lone wolves or stopping some ults). And her ult seems good to stack with another hero's ult, but does it really offer much more than Mercy's right click? Reaper and Pharah and Soldier are still going to get group kills either way. To me, her only real strength is the biotic grenade, which will take good timing. I'm wondering if it completely negates the effect of Lucio's ult?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyn View Post
    I'm wondering if it completely negates the effect of Lucio's ult?
    Lucio's ult is shields, not healing. Why would it?

Unless you meant someone else, like Zenny.

So, doesn't she have any kind of aim assist for the scoped healing? Because i have bad memories of medics in TF2 trying to land crossbolt shots on allies to heal them and failing miserably and we all know finding a good sniper is harder than finding a gold mine under your house. :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    So, doesn't she have any kind of aim assist for the scoped healing? Because i have bad memories of medics in TF2 trying to land crossbolt shots on allies to heal them and failing miserably and we all know finding a good sniper is harder than finding a gold mine under your house. :S
    Doesn't seem so, but the reticle for healing is pretty big in scope.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    age 60?! Whaaaat, she looks around 40, man...

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    age 60?! Whaaaat, she looks around 40, man...
    Uh, no. She looks 60, even sounds 60. 40 year olds start showing grey, but they are not grey.

My only issue with her so far is that she has no method of self-healing. She's the only support that can't heal herself in some way.

Mercy regens over time if she isn't being shot...
    Lucio is affected by his own healing song...
    Symmetra and Zenyatta both have significant portions of their health bar made of shields which regenerate over time...
    Ana has...nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I love the idea of a character who heals allies with their shots and does damage to the enemy with the same shots, but not a sniper. make it an assault rifle heal. Making you aim your heals? I don't get it. I don't expect her to be used much.

From the 5 min gameplay it looked like she did most of her healing with hip shots since sniper scoping heals doesn't work unless you are in a wide open area like the sanctum.

Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    My only issue with her so far is that she has no method of self-healing. She's the only support that can't heal herself in some way.

Mercy regens over time if she isn't being shot...
    Lucio is affected by his own healing song...
    Symmetra and Zenyatta both have significant portions of their health bar made of shields which regenerate over time...
    Ana has...nothing.
    She can heal herself with the grenade. When low, I just run next to some allies and throw it straight down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    so, that makes sombra not the support sniper/sniper
    unless they want to release 2 new snipers in a row. (considering sombra is next which is most likely)
    wonder what he/she/it will be.
    sombra was never depicted as a sniper. People thought sombra was ana hence why people thought sombra was a sniper but in the only image we have of sombra via the newspaper - she has no rifle.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyn View Post
    And her ult seems good to stack with another hero's ult, but does it really offer much more than Mercy's right click?
    I think it's nice to prevent your Die die die Reaper to die instantly after launching his ult, as Ana's ult also reduces damage taken.

Same thing goes for Pharah.

Her ult on Genji or 76 is pretty insane.

A nano boosted 76 popping his ult is incredibly scary if you don't have a Rein.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

Her ult in general is pretty insane on anyone, gotta go faaaaast.

My only complaint with her is she's gonna suffer even worst than Zarya/Mercy/Zenyatta do with Tracers blinking in front of you to intercept your shot intended for either another ally or an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    Are you sure about that? I tried to test with distant targets both scoped and not and the projectile seemed to get there at the same speed in both cases.

Make sure you're accounting for the fact that it'll look like the projectile is faster while scoped because of how the scope magnifies your vision and limits your field of view.
    It was said by Jeff Kaplan on the General Forums :

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...6754499#post-3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Because a Hanzo that couldn't hit a moving enemy to damage it is now magically going to be able to hit a moving friendly to heal it?
    Well if there are twice the targets for her, so if she misses an enemy there's a chance to accidentally hit an ally and do something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

I imagine it on a Reinhardt going ham, coupled with a Lucio speed boost will be a sight to behold too.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks like a really fun character to play, both DPS & Heals with a bad ass ult that could swing the game.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i wonder what her and her daughters interactions will be!
    We both know how it will be ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s