Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    They have taken more Syrian refugees than Canada? Not true at all. Not according to figures I've seen.
    Why is it that only Syrian refugees matter?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    lol United States have been taking in refugees since day one. Our entire population was built on refugees. Get on our level Canada.
    Is this a serious reply? What do you think the Canadian population was built on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Middle east has been shit for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Syrians are the largest refugee population in the world right now and you're surprised that countries bordering syria have the highest refugees? So you mean they walked like 10 miles? Mind Blown.
    I don't think he understand how the refugee situation works. A lot of refugees walk or travel slowly to nearby countries. They can't exactly just fly to Canada on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    If you have limited resources and can't fix what you break, then perhaps its time to stop breaking things or not break them in the first place. There are plenty of logical reasons already mentioned in this thread but you choose to ignore them.

Overthrow government and destabilize the region, then pack your shit up, leave, and tell them to figure that shit out themselves. Logic.
    And what would you have the US do? We couldn't do nothing. We couldn't stick around and we couldn't leave. You people would bitch and complain no matter what the US did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    And what would you have the US do? We couldn't do nothing. We couldn't stick around and we couldn't leave. You people would bitch and complain no matter what the US did.
    You could have not gone there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You could have not gone there in the first place.
    And just let the Syrian government slaughter peaceful protestors,jail and torture school children and use chemical warfare? Yup, US shouldn't have done a thing in Syria.

What I'm saying is that if you can go destabilize regions and overthrow governments, you should be willing to accept refugees as a consequence.

- - - Updated - - -

And just let the Syrian government slaughter peaceful protestors,jail and torture school children and use chemical warfare? Yup, US shouldn't have done a thing in Syria.
    Going there didn't fix much, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The proper response:

a) Stop funding the rebels in Syria.
    b) Stop funding ISIS through proxy organizations.
    c) Pull out of the Middle East.
    d) Refuse to accept any refugees.
    e) Deport the refugees that are already here.
    f) Tell the multicultural fanatics and globalists to bugger off.

The end.
    Yeah, and having a massive cesspool of extremism with millions of displaced people right next door isn't a problem if you just ignore it!

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    What I'm saying is that if you can go destabilize regions and overthrow governments, you should be willing to accept refugees as a consequence.

- - - Updated - - -

Going there didn't fix much, did it?
    We didn't stay or go at it full tilt. Half ass do shit and you get shitty results. Besides, Russia is the one you need to be pissed at. Their support of Assad is the reason this shit has drug on this long.

Either way, US does its part with military. Rest of you do your part by supporting those displaced. Seems to me the US is the smart one in this equation. But that's just my opinion.

We didn't stay or go at it full tilt. Half ass do shit and you get shitty results. Besides, Russia is the one you need to be pissed at. Their support of Assad is the reason this shit has drug on this long.

Either way, US does its part with military. Rest of you do your part by supporting those displaced. Seems to me the US is the smart one in this equation. But that's just my opinion.
    Cool, so blame everyone but yourselves, and take no responsibility afterwards ... gooooootcha.

overall i think it'd be in the US's best interest to pull out and leave all of the ME alone, except for maybe israel cause.. well its good press apparently and it helps the jewish community to protect them. let the ME nations work out their problems together. The only problem is stupid people would riot and it'd turn into Vietnam all over again.. a war they never really needed to get into. News coverage about syrian refugees would peak, but what about all other refugees? like the ones in Africa and all other under developed countries? when do they get any coverage or assistance?

As for Canada's refugees. they are given the royal treatment. Money, food, a place to stay forever and english lessons that none of them will ever use.. (i'm serious all the classes are empty). i think 50k is the figure they wanted because so far the 25k are going to cost the government 1b over 6 years. is this many refugees? no not really. but it doesnt make financial sense to bring in 7.5m into Canada just to give them a tent and ignore them afterwards.
    all the media coverage is just a bunch of bullshit praising how awesome we are and its really getting old.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    We have limited resources, we can't entirely build up their country for them. And no, I see no logical reason to significantly increase refugees. We already have hundreds of thousands of refugees.
    Ha, the most powerful nation on the planet, a military strength greater than that of the next 10+ countries combined, highest gdp (or 2nd highest) in the world and your excuse is "sorry we have limited resources". Good one.

Sure we have the resources to destroy and destabilize their country, but helping them rebuild? Nope, sorry can´t do, no money left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Talk about unappreciative, if it wasn't for the U.s. caring enough to keep your country out of the hands of the soviets, the cold war would have been a lot rougher for you.

Anyway, naaa dude, its cool, you can keep the refugees, if you're pissed off take it up with Merkel.
    This little story never gets old, it´s always fun to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    It hardly ever was about saving anyone. What with inaccurate drone strikes and political fiascos lining up, time upon time, questionable motives to why war is even engaged.

That some are even fooled to this day is bloody hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Canada has an imminent refugee crisis of our own brewing on our side of the world - if Trump wins we're anticipating millions of displaced liberal-Americans trying to sneak across our borders, to escape persecution.
    Homemade problems of the American continent. :P

But then, this is easily solved. Just send them in the general direction of your large forest ranges. They'll starve within a month and the problem solves itself. Let evolution be the solution.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Homemade problems of the American continent. :P

But then, this is easily solved. Just send them in the general direction of your large forest ranges. They'll starve within a month and the problem solves itself. Let evolution be the solution.
    Pfft, that sounds horrendously dangerous - they gain power by eating plants - if we send them in the direction of that much biomass they'll only infest and multiply exponentially!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Pfft, that sounds horrendously dangerous - they gain power by eating plants - if we send them in the direction of that much biomass they'll only infest and multiply exponentially!
    Yes, but the plan has incorporated this eventuality. See, by eating proper food instead of the junk they gobble up everyday, their brain functions will increase and they will realise just how smart Canadians really are. Not only will they wish to contribute to Canada, they will suddenly become nice, too!

So, really the worst outcome is that your population grows. And considering that you have like... half a continent of uninhabited countryside, that's something you can easily manage.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but the plan has incorporated this eventuality. See, by eating proper food instead of the junk they gobble up everyday, their brain functions will increase and they will realise just how smart Canadians really are. Not only will they wish to contribute to Canada, they will suddenly become nice, too!

So, really the worst outcome is that your population grows. And considering that you have like... half a continent of uninhabited countryside, that's something you can easily manage.
    It's not uninhabited though, we have an ancient treaty with the children of the forest:

To keep back the white walkers:

If we disturb the lands north of the 49th parallel, the white walkers will come for us all.

It's not uninhabited though, we have an ancient treaty with the children of the forest:

To keep back the white walkers:

If we disturb the lands north of the 49th parallel, the white walkers will come for us all.
    I am afraid you have enough walkers south of the 49th parallel already. Even if they're not white.

I guess, since this is actually becoming too complicated, that the prudent course of action leaves no choice but to build a wall now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am afraid you have enough walkers south of the 49th parallel already. Even if they're not white.

I guess, since this is actually becoming too complicated, that the prudent course of action leaves no choice but to build a wall now.
    Way ahead of you:

Way ahead of you:

Ah, and this is the reason why I come here. It's these little gems that you don't find elsewhere.

Well played, Canada.