Quote Originally Posted by Forde View Post
    Now the question for me is this: Is Fel Barrage only worth using at 5 Charges?
    4 charges too as a lower priority, since you wouldn't want to waste half a charge due to the recharge mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nethara View Post
    Without Demon Blades, you would rather hit Demon's Bite for the extra fury and only Barrage when you're full.
    No, it's better to use at 4 charges if you're not in meta and you would otherwise be hitting Demon's Bite (and Momentum is up obviously).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    U wot m8?

How is Demon Blades better than Prepared now?

Is there anything in particular I can look at to see the proc conditions of Fel Barrage?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4316?page=3#47

0.5s ICD instead of 1.5s. Doesn't proc from passive artifact abilities or non-DH stuff (trinkets and the like).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    I'd love to know how demon blades managed to go from being worse than no talent, to being head and shoulders the best?
    127% damage buff, 40% fury generation buff, and it now procs Fel Barrage which is also now a really good talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    So the actual shadow damage part of Demon Blades got buffed this patch? Is it because the tooltip does not say how much damage it does that it isn't picked up by data mining?
    Right, the proc spell is not a class spell, spec spell, or talent spell so it does not get picked up (and the information isn't reflected in the talent spell's tooltip). Same reason Death Sweep and Annihilation don't.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by alex wolf View Post
    like holy fuck the most fun I've ever had in wow was playing DH with the fel blade/prepared/nemesis/chaos blades build

I don't even understand why fel barrage exist or why fel blade isn't baseline

but more importantly the gcd locked play style of spaming demon bite + chaos strike was super fun the only change needed was a slight buff to eye beam so that it was worth using single target, instead we get this fucking awful "wait times of rogues with the resource system of warriors" shit pile
    God forbid there be talents that might appeal to different people, then we might actually have some options and different playstyles (the horror).

Let's please wait until tuning's actually done to cry about being forced into any talents. Demon's Blades might be a bit ahead now, but that can change on a daily basis at this point. Your playstyle still exists, and isn't going anywhere.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hmHT4gqX769GDMkb/

Dungeon logs with chemo build.

Few things to note:

- still getting used to the build and extremely tired, so the rotation is FAR FAR from optimal. bear with me as I work it out
    - meta used on second & last boss
    - using an AoE build to play with Fbarrage rather than the Cblades ST build, with all bosses being ST
    - dungeon bosses are very short. not indicative of raid bosses really.

- wtf fire mages. wtf enha. NERF BLIZZ THEY CAN'T BE BETTER THAN ME EVEN IF MORE SKILLED.

I just don't see Demon Blades being the best talent in the tier, there's just no chance. Thank god there's still a month until release and this will get issued most likely.

"Here, you've a simple rotation that GCD locks you, so you're doing stuff 24/7. It's simple, but it works if you enjoy the style. Now, here, take this talent so you've less skills and the rotation is even simpler, and now you're not GCD locked with nothing to do".

But I hope Blizzard stops nerfing the base damage of our skills, we've been nerfed like 3 times in a row and still no changes to EB to make it usable in ST zz
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-07-13 at 08:09 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Vanyali

HAve you tested much with Demon Blades/ Felblade recently? If so, roughly how much downtime does it feel like you have? Does it feel like Demon Blades doesn't proc enough Felblade resets?
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

So... what exactly IS the new priority? I just tried to play around with Fel Mastery/Demon Blades/Bloodlet/Momentum/MotG/Fel Barrage and it felt so... wrong. Pooling fury to 90+, popping momentum, spamming chaos strike, using fel barrage on 5 stacks with momentum, keeping Throw Glaive on CD, FotI on cooldown and I just felt like i wasn't... doing much.

@Vanyali

HAve you tested much with Demon Blades/ Felblade recently? If so, roughly how much downtime does it feel like you have? Does it feel like Demon Blades doesn't proc enough Felblade resets?
    no, i haven't played dblades with felblade, been playing with bloodlet when i play (which has been muuuchhh more rarely recently)

If I have time tomorrow (gotta finish this chapter + another of my studies, dust, work at food bank, and probably mop or vacuum at minimum) I'll bash some training dummies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    no, i haven't played dblades with felblade, been playing with bloodlet when i play (which has been muuuchhh more rarely recently)

If I have time tomorrow (gotta finish this chapter + another of my studies, dust, work at food bank, and probably mop or vacuum at minimum) I'll bash some training dummies
    Thank you kindly good sir. I look forward to your evaluation of it when your priorities are settled

Momentum without felblade just feels gross imo, probably won't play a DH at this rate. Before the changes the builds flowed together nicely, now it seems really disjointed.

Thank you kindly good sir. I look forward to your evaluation of it when your priorities are settled
    most of it is because i forgot about it today. ooooooooops. forgot all about my chapter *_* so depending how long the two are might have time, or be able to make time for breaks

So with Demon Blades.. how do we deal with missed auto attack rng affecting us on bosses? I was having trouble with fury gen on the dungeoneer's training dummy because of missed auto attacks using the FelMastery/DemonBlades/Bloodlet/SR/Nemesis/MotG/FelBarrage build.

Aside from this, I don't actually mind this build as much as I thought I would.

I can't see using Demonic with Demon Blades though, I really just can't see how losing the ability to get in the annihilates in that short window would ever work with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    most of it is because i forgot about it today. ooooooooops. forgot all about my chapter *_* so depending how long the two are might have time, or be able to make time for breaks
    I'll bug you about it when I wake up at noon. Smoking fish until at least 3 in the morning tonight <.>

Deleted
    Hmm...so at what % does Demon Blades proc Fel Barrage charges? I couldn't see any correlation between DB procs and FB procs.

Hate to say it, but the chemo build is actually pretty fun, I like it more than the usual momentum build. Been opening with a VR, 2 TG, a FR followed by a 5 stack FBarrage, another FR then some CS.

Gotta love all the acronyms

Post of a blue in the Blizz forums:

Demon Blades is much stronger than intended in this build; this will be corrected before live. The intended change was to increase the Fury generation to allow Demon Blades builds to use Chaos Strike more often than they had been. But the damage done by Demon Blades itself is in line with the old amount of Fury generation, and too high for the current amount. We also agree the talent shouldn't be the highest stationary DPS option on its row due to its passivity, and it will be brought into line for the row.

Deleted
    "Brought into line" LOL, already calling nerfing instead of buffing the others..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    "Brought into line" LOL, already calling nerfing instead of buffing the others..
    As if that wasn't obvious? Do you honestly think they want our DPS to go up when they literally just nerfed us 2 builds in a row?

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    As if that wasn't obvious? Do you honestly think they want our DPS to go up when they literally just nerfed us 2 builds in a row?
    Which is dumb af considering we're middle-low of the pack after the last two builds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I really don't know this shit anymore.. Buffing enhance and fire mages, while not nerfing assa rogues and nerfing us all the time.
    DH is far from polished tbh. At the intro of DH from blizzard they said "Eye Beam, which is your hard hitter, but requires some skill to use properly" heck we dont even use it for ST cus its so terrible. Explain that to me man.. Im frustrated as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    I really don't know this shit anymore.. Buffing enhance and fire mages, while not nerfing assa rogues and nerfing us all the time.
    DH is far from polished tbh. At the intro of DH from blizzard they said "Eye Beam, which is your hard hitter, but requires some skill to use properly" heck we dont even use it for ST cus its so terrible. Explain that to me man.. Im frustrated as fuck

That was said back when we had like 4 abilities back pre alpha. Things change over the course of the beta. That is just how it is.

Right now I have been testing 2 builds, wacking at the sodding demons in my Order hall for 6 minutes each. I do not use Meta.

Talent setup is as follows:

Build 1: CC, DA, BL, SR, Nem, UP, FB: 190-200k dps at 841 ilvl. (suboptimal use of Throw glaive, so could prob get another 10-15k dps if played optimally)
    Build 2: FM, Prep, Fbl, SR, Momentum, UP, Demonic: 180-190k dps at 841 ilvl (Momentum uptime 55-60%)

I tried doing momentum with Fel Barrage and my fingers just said no. After 15 minutes I just couldnt be asked. Its just not a build I feel like doing for some reason lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont touch Demon Baldes for 2 reasons:

1: Its fucking boring and I hate loosing control over how my rotation goes
    2: Its confirmed iovertuned by a blue, so it will net unintended dps results.