Wolves are getting 200% AP instead of 133% AP (50% buff) per Purge's testing.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I actually really like Rainfall in theory, it just doesn't do enough to be worth taking right now. Maybe if it did more healing, but split between targets instead of doing flat healing to X targets? That would keep it from being OP raid utility without kneecapping it for personal use in world quests etc.
    I think it looks incredibly boring, and just being a "aoe circle" heal to stand in is incredibly boring as well.

They have to make something interesting with it to actually make it interesting.

I don't know... like, allies inside Rainfall you can now cast lightning bolt on for a short time buff or something? The improved lightning bolt will give a much, much stronger longtime–but single target–buff. The untalented version is spamable but able to use on many more.

I actually really like Rainfall in theory, it just doesn't do enough to be worth taking right now. Maybe if it did more healing, but split between targets instead of doing flat healing to X targets? That would keep it from being OP raid utility without kneecapping it for personal use in world quests etc.
    I definitely miss Chain Heal.

Rainfall will never ever be as cool as Conductivity was in ToT.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

A quick bit of testing. Boulderfist is still quite strong, though Windsong seems like it may actually be competitive (Hot Hand now feels blah. I think it needs a higher RPPM chance, perhaps?), and Hailstorm is, of course, even more powerful than before. Lightning Shield is competitive-ish (wasn't able to test AoE--might be better there), but was really kinda eh. Cool small note: Flametongue and Frostbrand do pandemic now, going up to 20s durations. Landslide/Boulderfist buffs do not, however (big deal, we hit our generator all the time anyway, so it's not like they'll ever fall off).

Nice to see that the puppies are beginning to teethe (re: the AP scaling buff), as well.

Edit: wordup's guide has been updated, with some changes we didn't see in the datamining. Solid buff to Flametongue damage is nice, as is Ascendance finally resetting Stormstrike again (yaaaaahs!). I'm not sure what to think of the change on Unleash Doom to 20% proc-rate vs. 2+haste RPPM. Should we expect more or fewer Lava/Lightning spikes? Best change, though? Crash Lightning procs Flametongue and Hailstorm damage. Delicious.
    Last edited by Ranmauri; 2016-07-13 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    They nerfed our artifact traits for Stormstrike, like Raging Storms. This is probably why they buffed the damage.
    Raging Storms was arguably too powerful, so I agree in that sense that they took power from the trait and fed it into the actual spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    Servers are up. No changes to Alpha Wolf as far as I can tell, and base wolves are still terribly weak. Next build, then. (The wording was "an upcoming build".)
    Base Wolves went from 133% inherited AP to 200% which is a 50% damage increase, which seems fair given that all of the abilities that scale with it from the artifact scale purely off AP (though Doom Wolves skills did take a little more than a 50% hit).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    It's just lazy design to nerf boulderfist instead of making the other choices stronger.

I still don't trust blizzard to just leave enh be and let them be a top dps spec instead of chipping away until they're middle of the pack mediocre...
    This is definitely blunt but, you're wrong.

You can't lean on buzzwords like "lazy design" to justify keeping an objectively overpowered talent in the state it is. You are going to struggle to make any talent compete with one that, simply by its passive effect, beats others then on top of that has gameplay impetus. I suspect your tune would change if Hot Hand increased all damage by 10% while selected but you couldn't choose the talent that favoured your playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    K i did some testing on the ptr. It seems lightning shield doesn't have a ICD as i got back to back procs quit often. With no ICD and it being buffed dmg wise, is it in line/competitive now with our other 2 options on this tier? I have always liked lighting shield anyways haha.
    It had no ICD last build, even with the damage buff, average at best especially compared to two other powerhouse traits on its tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Liking it in theory is fine, but the simple fact is that an AoE ground heal from a DPS is never going to be tuned to the point were it's significant, if it's got no cooldown. Things like AG were super strong because they were effectively cooldowns, Rainfall has no real drawback (sans its abysmal tuning) so I can't see it ever reaching a place where you take it. I'd much rather see it become a splash Healing Surge (suggested this from the start in my early bug reports/discord rants on it) or just merge with chain heal, meaning -> splashes to 2 other targets for 50% healing, no other group members in range heals for an additional 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Well dps is down after these latest batch of nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you're saying in concept. However, nobody is going to select anything but Boulderfist. Not only is it more dps, but it's also more fun. It's inline perfectly with the class fantasy. And who the hell waNts to spam rockbiter 56789000 times a raid?
    Me personally. I like the faster gameplay

And I really like wind song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Me personally. I like the faster gameplay

And I really like wind song.
    Hes wrong anyway. Windsong is a strong contender, even with boulderfist still being really good. Only eh talent on that tier is Hot Hand as far as I can tell.

Glad that Flametongue and Hailstorm pandemic now, thats a pretty big help.

Deleted
    Wordup, is the calculator updated? I see the new numbers in but the dps difference between Boulderfist and Windsong is still huge (up to 20% at lower gear levels). Did the Windsong buff really change anything?

Also I see that Fury of Air is still far superior to anything else in its row, which I personally do not like, since it dumbs down our rotation to BF + SS because you dont have mana for anything else (from my experioence)

He has come in and said to not trust the calculator until he posts that it's up to date, so I would say it's not finished yet--especially because the Doom Wolves module still has the old scaling amounts.

don't forget about legendarys, everyone will own all legendarys at the end, and you can equipment 2 of them at same time.

so I think Rockbitter + Flametongue + Hailstorm is a must for endgame build, because you will need as much resource as possible to spam Lava Lash.

Lava Lash: 30 resource, 530 Fire damage x 1.6 mastery x 1.6 legendary = 1356% damage spell
    Stormstrike: 40 resource, 580%+580% physical damage = 1160% before artifact trait

--> Lava Lash deals 60% increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand.
    --> Damaging enemies with your Fire, Frost, or Nature abilities increases all damage you deal by 2% for 8 sec. Each element adds a separate application.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagonfel View Post
    Alpha Wolf does not seem to be working on single target according to my dummy tests.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    don't forget about legendarys, everyone will own all legendarys at the end, and you can equipment 2 of them at same time.

so I think Rockbitter + Flametongue + Hailstorm is a must for endgame build, because you will need as much resource as possible to spam Lava Lash.

Lava Lash: 30 resource, 530 Fire damage x 1.6 mastery x 1.6 legendary = 1356% damage spell
    Stormstrike: 40 resource, 580%+580% physical damage = 1160% before artifact trait

--> Lava Lash deals 60% increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand.
    --> Damaging enemies with your Fire, Frost, or Nature abilities increases all damage you deal by 2% for 8 sec. Each element adds a separate application.

Stormstrike: 40 resource, 630%+630% physical damage = 1260% was up this patch see it here http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=17364/stormstrike

And like you said it before taking Stormstrike trait like 15% more damage, with stormbringer proc 30% more again, then stormflurry.
    In Aoe with Crash lightning, 6% FOREACH hitted by CS (LOL).

When you said
    what did you mean. Where do you see it? (It's real question no joke).

We can't say that Hot Hand is End build. But having set effect on lava lash (20% chance to proc Stormbringer) and all the buff are indicating maybe Blizzard choice taking this direction.
    Last edited by valkhy; 2016-07-13 at 08:54 AM.

Did you include Stormflurry and Raging Storms in SS there?

Deleted
    SS will stay top priority in any build. LL might be closer with legendaries. But not even with all artifact traits.

It is too early to talk about highend builds. Tuning is still ongoing and LL builds will be either op with legendary or underpowered w/o leg.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-07-13 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valkhy View Post
    Stormstrike: 40 resource, 630%+630% physical damage = 1260% was up this patch see it here

And like you said it before taking Stormstrike trait like 15% more damage, with stormbringer proc 30% more again, then stormflurry.
    In Aoe with Crash lightning, 6% FOREACH hitted by CS (LOL).

When you said what did you mean. Where do you see it? (It's real question no joke).

We can't say that Hot Hand is End build. But having set effect on lava lash (20% chance to proc Stormbringer) and all the buff are indicating maybe Blizzard choice taking this direction.
    remember physical damage can reduce by Boss's armor, so the result damage is way lower than magic damage.

check out this warcraftlogs dot com /reports/g32AhcPbfqx8GpwW
    Lava Lash average damage = 213.8k
    Stormstrike average = 238k (after combine main hand and offhand)

Note: this is Normal raid with lower mastery(835 ilevel), so Lava Lash's damage per cast should be higher than stormstrike with heroic+ gear.

Remember Lava Lash cost 30 MS and stormstrike cost 40, So the new rotation might be: don't cast stormstrike unless it cost 50% less ?

NOW, look at this legendary, I am sure every shaman will get it after few months.
    Item: Akainus Absolute Justice
    Equip: Lava Lash deals 60% increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand.

Finally: with this legendary, as soon as Lava Lash's damage become 60% higher Stormstrike's damage per cast,we should never cast stormstrike:
    Lava Lash --->160 damage / 30 MS = 5.33 damage per MS
    stormstrike(half cost) --->100 damage / 20 MS = 5 damage per MS
    stormstrike(full cost) --->100 damage / 40 MS = 2.5 damage per MS

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    remember physical damage can reduce by Boss's armor, so the result damage is way lower than magic damage.

check out this warcraftlogs dot com /reports/g32AhcPbfqx8GpwW
    Lava Lash average damage = 213.8k
    Stormstrike average = 238k (after combine main hand and offhand)

Note: this is Normal raid with lower mastery(835 ilevel), so Lava Lash's damage per cast should be higher than stormstrike with heroic+ gear.

Remember Lava Lash cost 30 MS and stormstrike cost 40, So the new rotation might be: don't cast stormstrike unless it cost 50% less ?

NOW, look at this legendary, I am sure every shaman will get it after few months.
    Item: Akainus Absolute Justice
    Equip: Lava Lash deals 60% increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand.

Finally: with this legendary, as soon as Lava Lash's damage become 60% higher Stormstrike's damage per cast,we should never cast stormstrike:
    Lava Lash --->160 damage / 30 MS = 5.33 damage per MS
    stormstrike(half cost) --->100 damage / 20 MS = 5 damage per MS
    stormstrike(full cost) --->100 damage / 40 MS = 2.5 damage per MS
    You arent taking artifact traits into consideration, like Stormflurry, Raging Storms and Unleash Doom. There are also other traits in the artifact that are strictly better than most things for Lava Lash.
    Stormstrike is meant to be our big hitting ability. Not using it on CD would be a damage loss.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-07-13 at 11:30 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I just hope boulderfist is always viable, like fuck I ever want to spam rockbiter with the animation and sound effect it has now. If they add a glyph to make lightning or windish then I'd consider the other T1 options.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2016-07-13 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I just hope boulderfist is always viable, like fuck I ever want to spam rockbiter with the animation and sound effect it has now. If they add a glyph to make lightning or windish then I'd consider the other T1 options.
    Personally i think it is very very exhausting to play enhancement without Boulderfist. 5 hours raiding+x pure button smashing... puh.

Has anything changed in the survivability department, especially for pvp? Enhancement looks great for pve, but I question how effective they are going to be for arenas and RBGs. Will they have a spot?