Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    This is always a tricky debate. The most common human response is aiding society for 'selfish' reasons. "If those around me are healthy and happy, they are less likely to try and rob or hurt me."
    that's why i named these games.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    that's... false
    we arent inherently selfish and competitive... see the ultimatum game and the public goods game
    These theories don't support your argument. Just mine: The only reason you share is because you yourself end up with more than if you would not share. You don't want to take the risk of ending up with nothing thus you share. Still selfish.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, the context can expand or narrow down the meaning, but it should not overwrite it, should it?
    It's not really overwriting the meaning, is just applying the meaning where it's convenient doing that and not where it doesn't. Therefore: equal outcomes mean indeed equality...in regards of the outcomes. It just deliberately ignore everything bringing to that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's not really overwriting the meaning, is just applying the meaning where it's convenient doing that and not where it doesn't. Therefore: equal outcomes mean indeed equality...in regards of the outcomes. It just deliberately ignore everything bringing to that point.
    Not sure if this is what you mean, but I think I see one of the problems here. Here is how an organization could act: "We see that women are inferior to men in this regard, so let's fix it", "We see that women are inferior to men in that regard too, let's do something about it" - and while these actions ultimately lead to less equality, they could still claim that every action they take is towards equality, and it will be hard to prove them wrong.

And since people often tend to be selfish and care more about themselves or the groups they belong to, than about the bigger principles... It is logical to expect that in real life even a group believing in feminist principles still will end up taking biased actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Then there is institutional stuff, if I were to murder say @Xarim in cold sadistic blood, pouring bees Nicholas Cage style before burning him in a wicker suite to appease my series of Gods
    Could you not

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Could you not
    What is more important? Your life.... or bringing a good harvest and appeasing my dark series of Gods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    What is more important? Your life.... or bringing a good harvest and appeasing my dark series of Gods?
    I'll take my life for infinity dollars theo

Also why are your gods dark, and why is there a series of them... and why do we need a harvest so bad?

I have many questions but main thing is cold blooded murdering with bees is not allowed

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll take my life for infinity dollars theo

Also why are your gods dark, and why is there a series of them... and why do we need a harvest so bad?

I have many questions but main thing is cold blooded murdering with bees is not allowed

Wildlings worship crueller gods than most.

Alright, we shall trade Xarim's life for the life of Wells, The Batman, and May90.... or just one of them, Idk I'm not an expert priestess on this. Probably just keep burning sacrifices until we get a good harvest, or some damn rain in California.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted

Alright, we shall trade Xarim's life for the life of Wells, The Batman, and May90.... or just one of them, Idk I'm not an expert priestess on this. Probably just keep burning sacrifices until we get a good harvest, or some damn rain in California.
    Come on you know my life is worth more than that

Wait why am I arguing the case for my own murder with bees - I take it back, sacrifice other people, enjoy your bountiful harvest

Also California will get rain when Elon Musk rolls out the solar powered atmospheric condensator

7+ Year Old Account
    Come on you know my life is worth more than that

Wait why am I arguing the case for my own murder with bees - I take it back, sacrifice other people, enjoy your bountiful harvest

Also California will get rain when Elon Musk rolls out the solar powered atmospheric condensator
    Idk if this operates under an equivalent exchanged program or not, but yes, run along we will find more people to give THE BEES! to.

Sacrifice all of them for best results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Sacrifice all of them for best results.

Well..... if you say so, let the burning begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Ding ding ding WRONG. Studies on male and female brains at birth show no discernible difference, and given the fact that gender identity is separate from birth sex, there's nothing to support men's brains work differently from women's.

Physically there's differences. Mentally? Nope, not biological ones anyway.
    Not that there is a point responding to you as you are banned but you do know that differing amounts of chemicals like testosterone and estrogen affect the way males and females think, right?
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Ding ding ding WRONG. Studies on male and female brains at birth show no discernible difference, and given the fact that gender identity is separate from birth sex, there's nothing to support men's brains work differently from women's.

It seems kind of weird to assume brains are only mentally operational and not physically based (or influenced by hormones, for one). Dualism doesn't work out.

Egalitarianism is bad, because people will otherwise have no struggle, no reasons to progress, no reason to become better. Humanity will stagnate and die.

Whilst this is sort of true, it misses out puberty which has vast influences upon the brain and is most certainly different for men and women.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I probably already know the answer to this, but it would be nice to hear thoughts on egalitarianism in particular from this forum, and why people are slow to adopt it.
    Egalitarianism is a tenant of several other ideologies. Ideologies are not always mutually exclusive.

Just because you don't like x ideology for whatever reason doesn't mean that it does not value egalitarianism or that it isn't a central tenet. We don't need to depict various viewpoints as either/or scenarios.

Mostly because of societal norms. Otherwise, transgender children wouldn't exist, and they do, because gender is a social construct
    I'm afraid it's a physical effect caused by the hormone differences.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I'm afraid you're a fucking imbecile.
    You got off from a ban to write this and get banned again. Brilliant.

Maybe you were looking at a mirror when you wrote this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Egalitarianism is a tenant of several other ideologies. Ideologies are not always mutually exclusive.

Just because you don't like x ideology for whatever reason doesn't mean that it does not value egalitarianism or that it isn't a central tenet. We don't need to depict various viewpoints as either/or scenarios.
    It's one thing to say you want egalitarianism and it's another to contradict that with one's actions.

It's like spouting a random definition of an ideology when its supporters' actions go completely against it.