Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legion levelling

Hi all,

What do you think will be the best and most efficient way through levelling and early content?

Some say that we should just do quests in the world till we ding, others say that it is better to put the order hall campaign and profession quests to the mix - any opinions here?

Also, what do you plan to do after you ding 110? I saw somewhere that you can't access world quests in any zone until you get friendly with the reputation there, is it worth it to finish all the quests in all the zones after you are 110 to get all the artifact power items and other stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    I saw somewhere that you can't access world quests in any zone until you get friendly with the reputation there?
    That information is not correct. I didn't even touch suramar and still have world quests there (same with Azsuna)

Based on my previous experiences, I think leveling is the most efficient way.

I quest for the storyline and que for dungeons while doing it - feels pretty efficient :-)

/ Z.

Can't comment myself, not in the beta, but would someone who is be able to say roughly how many zones you have to do to hit 110? I really don't want a situation where I have to put every alt through every zone, that'd just be miserable. I miss the days of wrath where you could pick a route across the continent and do one set of zones with one character and others with another.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order to unlock World Quests you need to have reached "friendly" with all the factions. This is done from questing - so unless you wanna go through a massive series of catch-ups at 110 I suggest you level through the zones.

Took me about 3 1/2 zone to ding 110 getting about 3 levels pr full zone cleared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    That information is not correct. I didn't even touch suramar and still have world quests there (same with Azsuna)
    Except it does.
    http://imgur.com/a/oXFgK

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Can't comment myself, not in the beta, but would someone who is be able to say roughly how many zones you have to do to hit 110? I really don't want a situation where I have to put every alt through every zone, that'd just be miserable. I miss the days of wrath where you could pick a route across the continent and do one set of zones with one character and others with another.
    Here is my results:
    7/7 higmountains chapters, 6/8 stormheim chapters, 3/7 valsharah, 1/5 azsuna. + was doing class order hall quests and profession quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    In order to unlock World Quests you need to have reached "friendly" with all the factions. This is done from questing - so unless you wanna go through a massive series of catch-ups at 110 I suggest you level through the zones.

Took me about 3 1/2 zone to ding 110 getting about 3 levels pr full zone cleared.

- - - Updated - - -

Except it does.
    http://imgur.com/a/oXFgK
    Nighfallen are netral for me. And i still can do world quests.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak6irP7V_MG6hCPKF0YfOwj5-_qE
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak6irP7V_MG6hCJWtvEbzheqc1sH
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-07-13 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightfallen are neutral for me. And i still can do world quests.
    Pass, but when I dinged 110 I couldn't do any world quests - they didn't even show up Map when I press M - and until that point I had done all the story quests in the zones. Once I reached Friendly with Nightfallen, thus completing the quest they showed up.

Maybe there's some hidden catch up for alts where you only need to have done it on 1 char in order to unlock for everyone.

Pass, but when I dinged 110 I couldn't do any world quests - they didn't even show up Map when I press M - and until that point I had done all the story quests in the zones. Once I reached Friendly with Nightfallen, thus completing the quest they showed up.

Maybe there's some hidden catch up for alts where you only need to have done it on 1 char in order to unlock for everyone.
    I don't have anyother character at level 110 except this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps thats where the difference lies then. The "Emissary is greyed out for you thus not granting you the final reward". That one is visible for me.
    As for them not showing up on my map before I completed the Rep with Nightfallen I dunno.

Emissary Quests are only a subset of the World Quests.
    With their own additional requirements.
    Same with profession quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Here is my results:
    7/7 higmountains chapters, 6/8 stormheim chapters, 3/7 valsharah, 1/5 azsuna. + was doing class order hall quests and profession quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Nighfallen are netral for me. And i still can do world quests.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak6irP7V_MG6hCPKF0YfOwj5-_qE
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak6irP7V_MG6hCJWtvEbzheqc1sH
    Your character had to hit 110 in a old build before the requirements were deploy. Some months or weeks back, all you had to do was hit 110 and World quests would unlock. No quest like the previous poster's image.

Perhaps thats where the difference lies then. The "Emissary is greyed out for you thus not granting you the final reward". That one is visible for me.
    As for them not showing up on my map before I completed the Rep with Nightfallen I dunno.
    They are greyed out because i've already done them today...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Emissary Quests are only a subset of the World Quests.
    With their own additional requirements.
    Same with profession quests.
    Perhaps that is why then. World quests can be done without completing the quest I linked above. However if you want access to Emissaries you will need to do it.

Seems fair enough to me.

- - - Updated - - -

They are greyed out because i've already done them today...
    Well I couldn't possibly know that could I?? I'm trying to come up with a solution, which includes looking at every single option there is, not trying to tell you, you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Your character had to hit 110 in a old build before the requirements were deploy. Some months back, all you had to do was hit 110 and World quests would unlock. No quest like the previous poster's image.
    I see. Ok then.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps that is why then. World quests can be done without completing the quest I linked above. However if you want access to Emissaries you will need to do it.

Seems fair enough to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I couldn't possibly know that could I?? I'm trying to come up with a solution, which includes looking at every single option there is, not trying to tell you, you are doing it wrong.
    well they are not locked with lock sign.

Deleted
    That's impossible, because you need friendly with every faction to unlock World Quests

So I was wrong. But from now on I am right
    Last edited by mmoc5337f9d117; 2016-07-13 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Your character had to hit 110 in a old build before the requirements were deploy. Some months or weeks back, all you had to do was hit 110 and World quests would unlock. No quest like the previous poster's image.
    Thank you for clearing it up!

To answer the OP again then. Leveling will for surely be one of the ways to level, you cannot skip world quests as they are vital to your Artifact in some ways. Completing zones fully seem to grant you Honored Reputation so you can stop before that and move on if you so please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    That's impossible, because you need friendly with every faction to unlock World Quests
    Already answered. In an older beta build it was enough to be 110

- - - Updated - - -

I see. Ok then.

- - - Updated - - -

well they are not locked with lock sign.
    Again. I am not trying to tell you, you are doing it wrong. Please stop being butthurt.

Deleted
    How long does it take to get Friendly with Nightfallen? Can you do it within your first visit to Suramar or does it take more days?

I was also interedted in the rewards for the quests in the zones - if it pays of to finish all the quests even if you are already lvl 110

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    How long does it take to get Friendly with Nightfallen? Can you do it within your first visit to Suramar or does it take more days?

I was also interested in the rewards for the quests in the zones - if it pays of to finish all the quests even if you are already lvl 110
    Takes like 10 quests or something - story related so they can be done in one sitting.
    You get an item that grants Ap upon finishing the entire zone (and some along the way) so I'd say for sure that you should complete them all at some point. When I leveled on Beta it took me 3 1/2 full zone to be 110 and then I just finished up whatever I had left in Val'sharah which honestly wasn't much.

Deleted
    Already answered. In an older beta build it was enough to be 110
    Yes, I saw it after the fact. Shame on me for answering before reading the whole thread. (:

Deleted
    Takes like 10 quests or something - story related so they can be done in one sitting.
    You get an item that grants Ap upon finishing the entire zone (and some along the way) so I'd say for sure that you should complete them all at some point. When I leveled on Beta it took me 3 1/2 full zone to be 110 and then I just finished up whatever I had left in Val'sharah which honestly wasn't much.
    Did you just do the zones or did you complete order hall + profession quests?