Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sadly this is needed because of the communities obsession with high ilvl's and getting carried.

In an ideal world all you would need is the heroic achievement and a reasonable minimum ilvl for the content. If the solution is to outgear the content or "make your own group" (lets be honest those new groups would still ask for 720+ ilvl) then nobody is actually solving the problem just adding to it.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2016-07-13 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Because its called being decent?

No one is asking you to take 4, 615 new level 100s into new content. But why not take one person, who can pull his item weight in relation to his gear who can benefit by gaining gear from said dungeon? You never know, you might find a diamond in the rough, your next potential guildie in the raid team for the next expansion. You might make a really good friend. Instead, you decide to be selfish and have the classic elitist attitude. Honestly, its shitty attitudes like this that has helped the wow community become cancer and toxic over the years.
    Give me money. Its the decent thing to do. Don't be toxic.

After waisting 30 mins of getting declined on several groups on my low geared alt, I just started making my own groups. I just put 680+ (or whatever my alt's ilvl is) in the name and almost always get ppl who are either the same ilvl, or 710+ who are willing to participate in a bit slow, but steady and careful mythic run. I usually avoid UBRS and GRD on low ilvl, because UBRS has first boss, which is very demanding on healer and DPS, and GRD has just insane thrash. Also, when you go into SMBG, always take someone who can give Heroism/Bloodlust, because it is needed for on first boss for low ilvl group.

It usually takes 10-20 mins, depending on the time of the day. Getting a tank or a healer would take the longest time, but as soon as you get either one, you are guaranteed you will find the other within couple minutes (tanks more willingly join groups that already have a healer, and vise versa). But me, personally, when I decide to look for a group on my tanks, I join groups that don't have a healer, because I know it will join pretty quickly after I join (sort of my way of helping those, who wait long).
    Last edited by Ottius; 2016-07-13 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Because Mythic dungeons are on a difficulty level that does not guarantee success. LFR and HC dungeons kind of do, but Mythics are on a much higher level, and require at least decent communication and knowledge.

Basically Blizzard is avoiding the early Cata fiasco. Players who were unfortunate enough to pug the HCs in their leveling gear with 4 similar players were hitting a brick wall they couldn't overcame much too frequently. There was nothing as frustrating as progressing through Grim Batol or Lost City only to realise that your group is just not good enough for the last boss, and replacements won't help much either. This caused a mass exodus from WoW, and made Blizzard extra careful with queueable content.

Another thing is the keystone runs in Legion. The system wouldn't work if this was a queue, not in any way. Players with a keystone would be banging their heads against puggers who would just want a normal, keystoneless run - which again, leads to frustration.
    I can't fathom how this can be true. I was the second hunter on my server to reach lvl 90, and the 11th person overall. After a few hours when more people dinged we could start doing heroics, and our first heroic was grim batol. Although it was difficult, it was no more difficult than any other heroic at the start of an expansion with leveling gear. and take into account that we used a bug with obsolete hunter ammo providing additional ilvl so we could use the lfg tool without actually meeting the required ilvl.

get rid of manual recruitment on everything! but put proper checks on the auto generated group. and proper is the word.
    Like i would not mind pugging mythic dungeons with anyone over ilvl 740.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Nicely said, like the metaphor

- - - Updated - - -

I heard they are removing BOA trinkets once the prepatch hits qq
    This is nothing to get stressed about It's not like not having the trinkets is the end of the world and legion will most likely introduce upgrade to lvl 110 heirlooms
    But keep trying, maybe you will get as lucky as me and get 3 trinkets in a run o/! Or maybe all 5 if you do everbloom/ubrs... although that's less likely than having ashes of al'ar, invincible and smoldering egg all dropping on the same reset for you I would say XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Sadly this is needed because of the communities obsession with high ilvl's and getting carried.

In an ideal world all you would need is the heroic achievement and a reasonable minimum ilvl for the content. If the solution is to outgear the content or "make your own group" (lets be honest those new groups would still ask for 720+ ilvl) then nobody is actually solving the problem just adding to it.
    Pretty sure people who have problems joining groups won't make as absurd group requirements for groups they form themselves. I for example form mythic dungeon groups with 690 minimum and I have 717 ilvl, I could easily ask for 710+. The only reason I ask for 690 is because regularly, even players with that high gear can only deal about 25-30k dps sometimes and just tunnel visioning the boss thinking that this is just 'another heroic dungeon'. 690 is quite easy to get too with kazzak gear/tannan apexis items and upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Why not just make your own group? No ilvl reqs that way.

Really sucks as DPS. It's like 45+ min dungeon queue, but with the dungeon queue at least you know that you WILL get in eventually. Here, no such thing. You could stay in there forever with no one replying to you. And your chances actually get worse as time passes, because nobody will join the lone DPS who's been sitting there since 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    I can't fathom how this can be true. I was the second hunter on my server to reach lvl 90, and the 11th person overall. After a few hours when more people dinged we could start doing heroics, and our first heroic was grim batol. Although it was difficult, it was no more difficult than any other heroic at the start of an expansion with leveling gear. and take into account that we used a bug with obsolete hunter ammo providing additional ilvl so we could use the lfg tool without actually meeting the required ilvl.
    Being one of the first hunters on the server and playing in a stable team of likeminded people makes you a rather good player. Not everyone is.

This is exactly what we are talking about. For good players and organized groups, Erudax was only a fun challenge, but for most freshly dinged 90s who don't pplay a lot, or who were just introduced to WoW, this was just too much. Most bosses in Cata were not gear checks, but heavy mechanic checks - not super difficult, but extremly punishing if done wrong. Erudax was a prime example of that - stand in the wrong place, forget to stack at the right time, forget to slow and burst the add - and you wiped. For veterans it's a piece of cake, but not for everyone. Don't forget that up till now there still are players who struggle to complete PG silver and till 6.2 their only real progression was normal dungeons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    No, "back when wow was great" you had to find your own groups in trade chat. They're finally listening to the community
    Yeah them was the good old days, 2 hours to get a group together and then you can't find 2 players who can be bothered to go to the summoning stone.

Hard to believe anyone would change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Being one of the first hunters on the server and playing in a stable team of likeminded people makes you a rather good player. Not everyone is.

This is exactly what we are talking about. For good players and organized groups, Erudax was only a fun challenge, but for most freshly dinged 90s who don't pplay a lot, or who were just introduced to WoW, this was just too much. Most bosses in Cata were not gear checks, but heavy mechanic checks - not super difficult, but extremly punishing if done wrong. Erudax was a prime example of that - stand in the wrong place, forget to stack at the right time, forget to slow and burst the add - and you wiped. For veterans it's a piece of cake, but not for everyone. Don't forget that up till now there still are players who struggle to complete PG silver and till 6.2 their only real progression was normal dungeons.
    This explains a bit what I have experienced this week. Been playing this game since Vanilla and in WoD all I do is: Log in on wednesday --> kill Mythic Manny+Archimonde (raidlead) --> logout for the rest of the week. This is my ritual for months now.

This ritual was disrupted when I went for CM golds this weekend (managed to PuG all 8). But during this CM adventure it just scared me how people with really high itemlevels do not understand/control fundamental mechanics in this game. Here are some prime examples of the roughly 30 players with 650-720 ilvl I encountered during my CMs:
    - Bodypulling
    - Tagging during a LoS (Line of Sight) pull
    - Tagging/AoEing mobs before tank tags them properly in non-LoS pulls
    - Accidently shooting a different pack
    - No potion use, dps or health ones
    - No or very bad interupt/stun use
    - No spellstealing (even when it would grant a dps buff), BSM says hi
    - No dispelling crucial mechanics, even when explained in advance
    - No racial use like Arcane Torrent
    - Same deaths, over and over (like the flamethrowers or 1st boss rockets in Grimrail Depot...how many times can you die to the same pack with 1 gunner or an easy boss mechanic)
    - Abysmall dps output, I have seen...10k-15k steady dps on single target regularly from players who raid mythic (granted not archi mythic but still....).

After countless hours of struggeling but eventually managing some of the easier gold CMs with these types I decided to make or join a group exclusively for 740+ ilvl people. Smoothest CMs ever, oneshotted UBRS/Everbloom on our second and first try in a total PuG with 4 first timers (including tank and healer). People understood mechanics, all had good dps output (minimum 20k, usually around 30k, ST burst 50k) and most of all: listened and no beyond stupid mistakes (or at least laugh at it and never let it happen again).

I hope the new mythic+ stuff in Legion will close the gap between Mythic raiders and the rest of the WoW populace because right now the gap is huge. People really struggle on this kind of stuff, and it is real. Which is not surprising since well....LFR and all the selling/boosting...
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2016-07-13 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    After waisting 30 mins of getting declined on several groups on my low geared alt, I just started making my own groups. I just put 680+ (or whatever my alt's ilvl is) in the name and almost always get ppl who are either the same ilvl, or 710+ who are willing to participate in a bit slow, but steady and careful mythic run. I usually avoid UBRS and GRD on low ilvl, because UBRS has first boss, which is very demanding on healer and DPS, and GRD has just insane thrash. Also, when you go into SMBG, always take someone who can give Heroism/Bloodlust, because it is needed for on first boss for low ilvl group.

It usually takes 10-20 mins, depending on the time of the day. Getting a tank or a healer would take the longest time, but as soon as you get either one, you are guaranteed you will find the other within couple minutes (tanks more willingly join groups that already have a healer, and vise versa). But me, personally, when I decide to look for a group on my tanks, I join groups that don't have a healer, because I know it will join pretty quickly after I join (sort of my way of helping those, who wait long).
    Perfect! If more forum posters had this attitude, we wouldn't have so many of these threads. It's called hauling yourself up by your own bootstraps. Less griping and whining about why the big boys won't let you play, more grouping with others in your same position and getting it done!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Really sucks as DPS. It's like 45+ min dungeon queue, but with the dungeon queue at least you know that you WILL get in eventually. Here, no such thing. You could stay in there forever with no one replying to you. And your chances actually get worse as time passes, because nobody will join the lone DPS who's been sitting there since 30 minutes.
    I've started lotsa groups as dps. It takes a few minutes, but always fills. First you get two more dps (they're having trouble finding groups too), then you wait several minutes for a tank or healer, then the other one signs up right after the first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    get rid of manual recruitment on everything! but put proper checks on the auto generated group. and proper is the word.
    Like i would not mind pugging mythic dungeons with anyone over ilvl 740.
    Would you charge them for the carry?

- - - Updated - - -

Look - the whole idea of custom group finder is that the person starting the group gets to decide what kind of group they want and what they're going to do. Then everyone gets to decide if they want to join, and so on. No one is forcing you to apply to a group you don't like, and no one should be forced to invite you if you're not what they're looking for. What could be fairer than that?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yeah them was the good old days, 2 hours to get a group together and then you can't find 2 players who can be bothered to go to the summoning stone.

Hard to believe anyone would change that.
    That really wasn't the norm on my server if you were polite and good at your class, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Look - the whole idea of custom group finder is that the person starting the group gets to decide what kind of group they want and what they're going to do. Then everyone gets to decide if they want to join, and so on. No one is forcing you to apply to a group you don't like, and no one should be forced to invite you if you're not what they're looking for. What could be fairer than that?
    I literally don't understand how anyone could disagree with this.

I started a thread once suggesting that Blizz could offer incentives for taking lesser geared applicants in your mythic dungeon pug, like maybe a satchel if you set the custom group finder to 660+ auto-accept.

I got all these responses from players saying "NO - I don't want any entitled SOBs getting a satchel for letting me in their group - they should take me just to be social and nice!"

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I started a thread once suggesting that Blizz could offer incentives for taking lesser geared applicants in your mythic dungeon pug, like maybe a satchel if you set the custom group finder to 660+ auto-accept.

I got all these responses from players saying "NO - I don't want any entitled SOBs getting a satchel for letting me in their group - they should take me just to be social and nice!"
    I remember that thread. It was a fine idea imo... especially since we already have similar incentives.

Your idea is fine in concept but I think it'd be hard to implement.

I don;t get why people feel entitled to have complete strangers carry them.

Well people DID ask for Vanilla, so. You made your bed, now lie in it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That really wasn't the norm on my server if you were polite and good at your class, lol.
    LOL anecdote FTW, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well people DID ask for Vanilla, so. You made your bed, now lie in it.
    A few percent will.

The rest will be looking for a place to settle down and it will be some other game that's actually fun.

LOL anecdote FTW, LOL
    I was answering your anecdote with mine, FTW, LOL.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was answering your anecdote with mine, FTW, LOL.
    Dissatisfied customer = -(satisfied customer * 100)

Dissatisfied customer = -(satisfied customer * 100)
    Thats nice. But your anecdote means shit, just like mine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats nice. But your anecdote means shit, just like mine.
    Go ahead, try to get that person who had a shitty time at your restaurant to come back.