Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So does this mean we can report those annoying fuckers with their guildspam who spam macros that fill up your entire chat window? Cuz that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    IIRC some addons like DBM use un moderated chat channels to communicate with other users of the same addons to work properly. Would be interesting if people getting silenced would also have the side affects of some of their addons no longer working or not working 100%.
    Oh yes, please let that happen. I have a surplus of popcorn that I need to eat

Deleted
    It's only fair. Being toxic has no place in any community, really.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    So does this mean we can report those annoying fuckers with their guildspam who spam macros that fill up your entire chat window? Cuz that would be great
    Hopefully. There is a guild recruitment channel for that kind of thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Conversely, this tool will just be a way for SJWs, Trolls, and Communists to silence whoever they target. As long as there is a legitimate investigation (which I HIGHLY doubt) than we've not much to worry about though.
    Oh God, seriously?

Just don't use language that is, you know, offensive. Don't ANAL spam trade. You can insult your bros in real life, assuming you have any, and aren't reduced to offending people online who you don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    It's only fair. Being toxic has no place in any community, really.
    The reason a consensus develops that someone is an asshole is usually ... he's an asshole. It would be great to have a way to hear from them less.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Judging from the amount of thought you clearly put in presenting your post in a critical manner, I'm sure you're way more critical and objective when telling people they're not playing optimal, and asking them nicely to please improve their gameplay. You appear to be a great guy, giving constructive criticism, clearly.

You shouldn't worry about being silenced at all.
    I give constructive critics all the time.
    How ever i do not tolerate stupidity after i have politely asked some one to improve and he fucks up for the 6-10th time in a row he will get whats coming to him.
    I appreciate you might be new or handicapped well if you are do not join my guild or pugs or what ever i'm doing and expect me to be the caring all so loving SJW that most of you glassraised kids want me to be.

Get a thick skin and understand you suck and don't get offended when called out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Hopefully. There is a guild recruitment channel for that kind of thing.
    You cannot expect people to use that channel since it hasn't been used since the begging of the game i'm sorry.
    Guild recruitment spam will continue both in general and in trade regardless if you like it or not and if you are one to report a person for that then you are one sad sad person.

I don't know why you guys are so upset, just learn to be offensive within the rules set by Blizzard it's not so difficult. You should just see this as a challenge to improve your ability to troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Calling for a "community" in this game is such hypocricy.
    Maybe to someone with your elitist self-image but not everyone shares that. I have no problem with people being punished for being unable to communicate in a civil manner. It will only improve the level of interaction in the game's public parts. They're a big part of what makes WoW a world.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would give anything to have bads removed from the game so I don't have to swear or ruin my night but it seems the tech for it doesn't exist yet or even worse blizzard prefers noobs and idiots as its customers because they complain less about all the shit it feeds them.
    If you're tired of bads in the game and they make you rage then you need to move on. Go kick puppies or something. They're not good for much either, and at least they aren't people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the abuse in wow is toward players screwing up. A proactive and not hypocritical approach would be to show players how to play properly instead of just throwing them in the lion pit and then punishing the lions.
    I have no problem with people playing with people of their own choosing. I think Blizzard wants us to play the game that way. Some of us can't do that or won't or aren't interested in that for various reasons. However, it's a game for a range of interests. "WoW is a game best played with friends" ... but ... which brings me to point #2:

I have a huge problem with people who enter a random matchmaking system and go into full nerdrage about someone failing to meet personal expectations.

If you must be an asshat around noobs and bads, stay the fuck out, and should you actually have any friends (which ragers tend not to), go play with them.

I'm generally for this change, but there are two things which bother me about it:

1.) It's coming twelve years into the game's life cycle. To allow a communicate to operate for as long as it has without such restrictions in place then add them relatively late into its cycle strike me as a bit... odd. I think the general effect will be a net positive, I just have concerns about how this will effect some of the more light-hearted aspects of the community. (ie, punishing people who spam ANAL in /2. Harmless shit that really shouldn't offend a rational person but now will be highly frowned upon because it could get you restricted.)

2.) The inability to opt out temporarily from matchmaking group chat. Since this system heavily resembles League's, I'll use an example from this game. In League, you can mute everybody on your team (and the enemy team) so the temptation for flaming people is lessened since you can't see anything they're saying. I get your can just /ignore everybody in your group but it seems more difficult to do it manually and I generally don't want to ignore people permanently, just for the 5 to 10 minutes I'm doing the dungeon just so I don't have to be bothered with it. But that's just a personal gripe. Not huge, but it'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    I love the durps who think everyone plays games to carry other people and have their time wasted by said person.
    What part of "do not be an asshole in public chats" translates to "you cant kick people from your raids anymore"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm generally for this change, but there are two things which bother me about it:

1.) It's coming twelve years into the game's life cycle. To allow a communicate to operate for as long as it has without such restrictions in place then add them relatively late into its cycle strike me as a bit... odd. I think the general effect will be a net positive, I just have concerns about how this will effect some of the more light-hearted aspects of the community. (ie, punishing people who spam ANAL in /2. Harmless shit that really shouldn't offend a rational person but now will be highly frowned upon because it could get you restricted.)

2.) The inability to opt out temporarily from matchmaking group chat. Since this system heavily resembles League's, I'll use an example from this game. In League, you can mute everybody on your team (and the enemy team) so the temptation for flaming people is lessened since you can't see anything they're saying. I get your can just /ignore everybody in your group but it seems more difficult to do it manually and I generally don't want to ignore people permanently, just for the 5 to 10 minutes I'm doing the dungeon just so I don't have to be bothered with it. But that's just a personal gripe. Not huge, but it'd be nice.
    1. 12 years ago people didn't see half of the things offensive that we do now.
    2. Doing dungeons and pvp back in the day did require some communication. You did use CC and the tank typically marked targets and told people to use thier cc on blah blah symbol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Though I agree my problem is forced interaction. Game obliges you to join random BG with only up to 4 of your friends (instead of 9 more of your choosing which would lead to fine premades). Game also obliges you not to do organized ashran. So large chunks of the game where you are basically obliged to suffer the consequences of other people's ineptitude.
    If the game only matched premades against premades that would be great.

But ... faction population imbalance.

A 4 man guild group in a random is a fucking nightmare for anyone other than DPS, and the 4 man group is always looking for a healer or a tank. Then it's all whiny or obscene harassment followed by kicking if they don't get a raid-geared gogogo. You shouldn't be able to join randoms in groups of more than 2. I got so sick of that shit back in the ZG/ZA rev 2.0 days.

A 5 man guild group in Ashran or a 40 man BG is likewise a huge advantage. I think groups should be permitted to queue, but only against sides with similar group composition. Your queue times would be like 3 hours, and your win ratio would be like 50%. I think that's not what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    1. 12 years ago people didn't see half of the things offensive that we do now.
    Roughly as true as 12 years ago heifers didn't have teats.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If all these toxicity players were thinking before making their actions we wouldn't be in this situation.

Let's be honest this will be good for the good people and the toxic people. The hard way. Because childs need to be monitored.

Would you do this in real life ? No. then don't do it on the internet. Common sense.

My forum ban on the wow forums

Deliberately circumventing the forum word filter, both posting unwanted language and showing disrespect for the forum rules. Please review Battle.net Code of Conduct: http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct

For saying "What the f is the point of this thread?"

This new feature is going to be a pleasure for SJW's vindictively clicking report when someone says "ffs" or "don't be an idiot"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zcrooked View Post
    Would you do this in real life ? No. then don't do it on the internet. Common sense.
    Some people do this in real life. They receive beatings, experience the legal system, get fired from crappy jobs, have really shitty friends, get stabbed in the back, generally go through life wondering why everyone is against them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Some people do this in real life. They receive beatings, experience the legal system, get fired from crappy jobs, have really shitty friends, get stabbed in the back, generally go through life wondering why everyone is against them.
    The answer is education. Learn how to learn.

Blizzard has to parents of hundred of thousand of childs because theirs didnt do it. ((im kidding obv.))

To be honest 12 yrs ago if you were abusive in wow you soon became an outcast that couldn't find a guild or a group. Then came group finder though and connected BGs etc...However moderation in wow was always alarmingly strict. You could get away for ANAL in /2 and if someone felt like reporting you because you kicked his ass in a duel they could report you for saying "ffs".

Do you really want wow GMs to have so much power over your speech? I don't think they have the attributes to judge. I even doubt that they all speak english fluently enough to understand the degree of an insult.

P.S. To show you how broken this system is: If someone has a foreign language nickname (something weird that doesn't mean anything in english) you can easily report them saying "the name in tibetian slang means f*** your mother" and they will be opted for a name change + a small ban. And this is the people you rely on to deliver this silence system.

LOL.
    tbh

we have lived the 'wild wild west' approach to ingame toxicity for a decade+; I think we can say conclusively that it sucks. People don't get banned for saying stupid shit in tradechat, or else we wouldn't have the tradechat that we have. Bring on the authoritarian approach I say, let's see how that goes for a while.

if you're the type that just can't help themselves flying off the handle at people when they don't play well (as opposed just dropping group if it's that bad), I don't particularly care what happens to you

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    My forum ban on the wow forums

Deliberately circumventing the forum word filter, both posting unwanted language and showing disrespect for the forum rules. Please review Battle.net Code of Conduct: http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct

For saying "What the f is the point of this thread?"

This new feature is going to be a pleasure for SJW's vindictively clicking report when someone says "ffs" or "don't be an idiot"
    So you broke the rules (you might think they are stupid but you agreed to them) and it is someone else's fault you were banned?