Deleted

Deleted
    Sooo I gave in and downloaded the app (althou i'm from Europe).
    There's no pokestops in my hometown; but there's like 4-5 on my way from work to the shop i buy my breakfast at; which is nice.

For now i'm only level 2 and the only pokemon i have caught are the starter: a charmander, a pidgey and a dratini (yay!).

Both captures have a funny story associated;
    - The pidgey i caught off my couch; Somehow the GPS decided i went down my neighbourhood and i caught it (Even thou i never moved from the couch).
    - The dratini just happened 20 minutes ago when i went for a coffee with work-collegues; My phone vibrated due to a facebook update and i still had the app on; so i saw the darn thing standing right there, next to me and caught it (Tripple yay for it happening this way with my favorite little beast)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    SNIP
    I'd rather be active and play Pokemon Go then watch that crap show "Orange is the new black"

Watching paint dry is more fun to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Have you seen a scyther with around that high? It seems like max evolution pokémon (this does not count single stage pokémon) have a higher CP cap than others. For instance, I believe my raticate will cap a little over 300, but my pidgeot seems good into the 400s (note: these are estimates based on current CP and a bar completion). I imagine there is likely some correlation with the relative quality of the pokémon in question in the regular games as well.
    Not Scyther, no. But saw Snorlax 1530 or so a few days ago. Yesterday saw plenty of 'mons in gyms with CP 1200-1500 incl. Flareon. So they definitely exists. More to the point I met Golbat with CP over 1k and while mine ain't lvled up to max, it's around 500 and the circle is around 80% full. So there must be some mechanism that affects this...

So I feel a bit creepy lol.

My local park is a gym and was owned by reds, I’m yellow. So decided to go for a walk and take it over dragged my wife alone for the ride, the moment I get there it’s taken over by yellows and I see two kids 1/3 of my age walking off and think they must have taken it. They both look at me and shout “ARE YOU PLAYING POKEMON GO” I reply with “YEAH, GO TEAM YELLOW”. The child within me just burst out at that point then I suddenly felt really fucking nerdy lol, my wife couldn't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Niantic announced that the location of Pokemon can be manually adjusted. So if companies wish to have a Pokemon free zone, they can file a request for it to be turned off at certain places, like railways.
    Eh, i assume it's just the best option for public security and avoid people hugging trains to catch that pikachu.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm sitting at a comfortable 46 different pkemon a nd around 50 on poedex, i really cannot wait when they implement the online exchange.

But i now have all my 3 starters!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Fuck that. That's not creepy. That's great.

Except the team yellow bullshit. Choose your friends better.
    Completely agree; To me, this sense of community and competitive, yet in a friendly way, mentality that is building around this, is an amazing thing and probably the best about this game.

Also agree with the second statement!

Deleted
    Without any prior investigation I tried pokemon GO. I'm hugely disappointed and sadly annoyed (later on that) but I love how it motivates people to go outside and all the stories.

Don't expect a video game and it be like the traditional pokemon games.
    See it as a very simplistic Freemium animal explorer game where you can catalogue pokemon and take photographs.
    It's not a game you want to play where as a side effect you have to go explore and walk outside.
    It's more something to motivate you to want to want to go explore and walk outside or if your already doing that but getting bored of it.

The tech behind it is good, I loved how pokestops are at culture points even minor ones. A lot of poke stops i went to where small sheds with a painting on the walls.
    It is however extremely barebone......you go out and walk, capture a pokemon. Okey, cool a pokemon I want to level it.......go and and capture the same pokemon and sell them to get pokemon specific candy, you also need stardust which you get by capturing pokemon and pokestops. Thats pretty much the game, you immediately hit the freemium element where you have to grind catch the same pokemon over and over.
    The only reason to lvl is for evolution (completing pokedex) and barebone gym battles. Gym battles are more a spot where you can send your pokemon to defend it kind of like a castles.

This immediately turned me off, so I will only use it to make walking more fun but never lvl my pokemon. I doubt ill use it much :P

Annoyance:
    This is where my annoyance comes in, it's so barebone I won't be playing it. Eventually it will become more like traditional pokemon game but then the hype will be over and you miss out on the great aspect of bringing people with very different interest together, sadly 'real' gamers arn't one of those groups.
    I wished they made it a more traditional pokemon game for augmented reality and gladly pay for that and make the explorer element of the game freemium. This should be possible.

I'll slowly play a bit more, to see a bit more to hopefully change my mind.
    Last edited by mmoc80faeb5a27; 2016-07-13 at 07:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post

My local park is a gym and was owned by reds, I’m yellow. So decided to go for a walk and take it over dragged my wife alone for the ride, the moment I get there it’s taken over by yellows and I see two kids 1/3 of my age walking off and think they must have taken it. They both look at me and shout “ARE YOU PLAYING POKEMON GO” I reply with “YEAH, GO TEAM YELLOW”. The child within me just burst out at that point then I suddenly felt really fucking nerdy lol, my wife couldn't stop laughing.
    I also went with Team Yellow, because it looked the least cool. I thought less people would play that one so I would have more people to fight. While this is certainly true, it's biting me in the ass now. Whenever I capture a point it's taken over by red or blue within minutes, after which it's stuffed with many strong pokemon. This costs me tonnes of potions, so it's really not worth it more than once a day for the couple of gold I get. I see some people owning a gym for many days in a row, but that will never happen for me as no-one seems to be able to join me in my yellow gyms

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I also went with Team Yellow, because it looked the least cool. I thought less people would play that one so I would have more people to fight. While this is certainly true, it's biting me in the ass now. Whenever I capture a point it's taken over by red or blue within minutes, after which it's stuffed with many strong pokemon. This costs me tonnes of potions, so it's really not worth it more than once a day for the couple of gold I get. I see some people owning a gym for many days in a row, but that will never happen for me as no-one seems to be able to join me in my yellow gyms
    That is exactly why I picked it and got all my friends to join it too. I work in central London, all the major places are owned by purple. (Big Ben is purple with a 1035 Snorlax guarding it, Scotland Yard is red so is St James Park Station.

Looks like us yellows have a fight on our hands.

Deleted
    I would love to join in on Pokemon GO, but I live in Europe and the game is not yet "legally" available in my country. I don't know whether I should ask for a APK-file or just wait until the game gets released officially. Bored during my vacation and going to travel a lot, if it releases later this year I might not be able to travel that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I would love to join in on Pokemon GO, but I live in Europe and the game is not yet "legally" available in my country. I don't know whether I should ask for a APK-file or just wait until the game gets released officially. Bored during my vacation and going to travel a lot, if it releases later this year I might not be able to travel that much.
    Just go with the apk. Given the amount of people playing banning everyone would mean losing a lot of customers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just go with the apk. Given the amount of people playing banning everyone would mean losing a lot of customers
    Might be illegal to ask here, but is there a trusted link somewhere?

That is exactly why I picked it and got all my friends to join it too. I work in central London, all the major places are owned by purple. (Big Ben is purple with a 1035 Snorlax guarding it, Scotland Yard is red so is St James Park Station.

That really depends I guess and will change once it's officially released too I bet. In Prague there are tons of blues and yellows but rarely reds (Go Team Red!), but where I live (outside a city) it's mostly red whereever you can see gym (which is great :P).

- - - Updated - - -

Up to you. It's definitely gonna get released in Europe soon too, it's matter of days, not weeks or months. So can easily wait if you're unsure. Rumored to be end this week but might be a week later as the servers have hiccups still. On the other hand got quite stabilized in compare what was the status last Thu+Fri so I expect them to release the game worldwide by the end next week for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: Just got twitter spam that it's been officially released in Germany! https://twitter.com/PokemonGoNews/st...47473531658240

It's ok, they were totally laughing with you

- - - Updated - - -

Might be illegal to ask here, but is there a trusted link somewhere?
    Seek out ye fabled magi named Google, enquire with him as to a site named wired with your query. All should be well in your quest.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's you lot who keep stealing the things...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    If it's released in Germany I hope my country will be next. I'll have to wait until the end of the week I guess

In the UK playing it (APK FTW )

I'm so annoyed , I've only caught a few lowbies in town, nothing special.

Last night I decided to walk through our farm (about a mile round trip) then went up a forest path and walked through the forest back to my house. I didn't see a single pokemon.

During the same time, my friend went from work, to a public toilet for a shit and while he was in there a dragonair appeared.

At the same time, my other mate was lying in bed and a wartortle appeared in his room

>.................................................>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Sooo I gave in and downloaded the app (althou i'm from Europe).
    There's no pokestops in my hometown; but there's like 4-5 on my way from work to the shop i buy my breakfast at; which is nice
    Are you sure its not just bugging or your missing them? I'm back for a few days in my home town, its a small coastal town and the population is just over 1000 people. Its a tiny place, you know these typical, one super market, one convenience store, one clothes shop, one bits and bobs shop and a few tourist shops, but that's it. But we have dozens of pokestops all over

Wow. So has anyone managed to catch pokemon that were over 1k CP? I give them a berry, get a "Nice!" curve ball, they break out and instantly run away. Has happened with a pinsir and a vileplume so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing in the UK atm through the APK, anyone know if after official launch my progress will reset? To be fair I haven't got that far (level 8), but it'd be sad to lose my army of Drowzees :P

My (newbie) DeviantArt - Beautiful sig by Shyama