Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Questions about Master of Beasts and Hati's interaction with the spells she'll benefit from that point on as well as Dire Beast/Stomp talent, purely because I'm intrigued by the inner workings:

1. From my (not extremely extensive) tests, Hati's Kill Commands are about 66% the damage of your main pet's... I at first thought that the difference was my mastery% but it'd seem that's not true. The difference in damage, however, is quite striking. Seems to crit less often but that could very well be my RNG.

2. Both main pet's and Hati's Beast Cleave damage is identical, as in exactly the same providing that they strike the same amount of targets.

3. Is anyone experiencing any of the following issues with Stomp;
    - Intermittently not seeing, in either damage or animation, the Stomp/Thunder Clap upon using Dire Beast.
    - Stomp effect happening at the player's location rather than target's; this seems to be repeatable if you're stood on top of an aesthetic object such as a table as well as when using Dire Beast against a target dummy.

Thanks!
    To be honest I haven't paid too much attention to the damage between Hati and my main pet but I would assume 1 of the 2 following things:

1. Hati's damage is not increased by mastery, thus making all Hati damage lower then the pet.
    2. Hati's damage is increased by mastery, thus pet damage for both should be the same. However, things like crits would be still based on RNG so Hati could crit while my pet does not or vice versa.

I'll start paying more attention to it and see if I note any issues.

Questions about Master of Beasts and Hati's interaction with the spells she'll benefit from that point on as well as Dire Beast/Stomp talent, purely because I'm intrigued by the inner workings:

1. From my (not extremely extensive) tests, Hati's Kill Commands are about 66% the damage of your main pet's... I at first thought that the difference was my mastery% but it'd seem that's not true. The difference in damage, however, is quite striking. Seems to crit less often but that could very well be my RNG.

2. Both main pet's and Hati's Beast Cleave damage is identical, as in exactly the same providing that they strike the same amount of targets.

- Intermittently not seeing, in either damage or animation, the Stomp/Thunder Clap upon using Dire Beast.
    - Stomp effect happening at the player's location rather than target's; this seems to be repeatable if you're stood on top of an aesthetic object such as a table as well as when using Dire Beast against a target dummy.

Thanks!
    1. Hati does not have the same passives as your pet does for having a specialization(Ferocity).

2. Hati's auto attacks are much stronger than the main pet's. So it evens itself out when you take into consideration that your main pet does basic attacks.

3. Haven't had issues.

Does Hati's damage scale with mastery? same question but does dire beast damage scale with mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    2. Hati's auto attacks are much stronger than the main pet's. So it evens itself out when you take into consideration that your main pet does basic attacks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Despite having fun with a few other classes and specs, I think BM Hunter is and will always be my main. I find myself returning to the playstyle I found and got fond of back in MoP everytime.

Even though I've already spoiled the entire Hunter campaign for myself (which isn't that great compared to the Demon Hunter and Shaman campaigns, for instance). On the flipside, it did unlock the Eaglewatch skin for me, which is my favourite look.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Despite having fun with a few other classes and specs, I think BM Hunter is and will always be my main. I find myself returning to the playstyle I found and got fond of back in MoP everytime.

Even though I've already spoiled the entire Hunter campaign for myself (which isn't that great compared to the Demon Hunter and Shaman campaigns, for instance). On the flipside, it did unlock the Eaglewatch skin for me, which is my favourite look.
    How exactly are you returning to the playstyle you found and got fond of in MoP when you're playing on the beta? :P

Thanks for the replies; the AP scaling pic especially, cheers Freerunz!

My question about Beast Cleave though was more about the source of damage that causes Hati's BC. It'd appear to me that it's your main pet's BC literally duplicated by Hati but the area of effect based upon Hati's position. I'll log some different stuff tonight and have a proper look/share them with y'all.

The Dire Beast issue I've been having I'll attribute to latency, though it feels like the bug with consecration whereby it doesn't actually fire off.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    How exactly are you returning to the playstyle you found and got fond of in MoP when you're playing on the beta? :P
    It seems I didn't clarify my meaning. I meant that I'm used to what BM is at the core; ranged damage with mobility and a helper pet. Even in Legion it still maintains this, if not slightly enhancing it.

What I'm weary of is how "dull" the Hunter looks in comparison to Demon Hunters (risking their own souls for the good of the world), Shamans (uniting the elements which hasn't been done since the Black Empire eons ago), and Death Knights (the dead fighting for the living). I know I should play what I enjoy, but I enjoy quite a bit from all of them. Yet of the four mentioned here, BM Hunter is the one I'm most experienced with.

EDIT: Even the Paladins get a purified, good-guy demon to fight with them. Warriors get Thorim to join them. What do Hunters get? A "meh" gun/bow/spear, dull artifact trait trees, and a continued hatred for how "easy" they are, and how much they've been changed.
    Last edited by ShasVa; 2016-07-12 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    My main issue with the hunter campaign is that the main "bad guy" is around for about 20% of it. They could have done so much more.

MMO has Cobra Shot being nerfed.
    WoWHead doesnt have the Cobra Shot change.

hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    MMO has Cobra Shot being nerfed.
    WoWHead doesnt have the Cobra Shot change.

hmm.
    40 focus for 112% weapon damage. Like what.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not just BM. Several key abilities for all 3 specs got hit. Almost makes them not worth playing (intended?).

And yet still nothing that the (BM) Hunter community has asked for! Sad. Might be hanging up my Sheridon Shredder soon then

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    40 focus for 112% weapon damage. Like what.
    so is this change accurate because that nerf seems over the top

Won't know until later. But I doubt Cobra Shot would be nerf'd that hard. Could be Data mining error. It happens, lets not grab the pitch forks yet.

Cobra Shot shouldn't be nerfed that much.
    Some data changed under the hood, but tooltips should still be showing the correct damage in-game. This applies to a number of other weapondamage-based attacks on various specs.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...46?page=22#439

MMO-C datamining error. Move along.

Deleted
    It seems there's many errors in the datamining...
    Crows shows as a LVL30 talent,Sentinel has a 1.5 s cooldown...Anyway the talent calculator seems to be correct and updated (at least the changes that makes sense...I HIGHLY doubt they are gonna let you spam sentinel).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    It seems there's many errors in the datamining...
    Crows shows as a LVL30 talent
    That is only for survival. BM and MM still show as a lvl 60 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehraxus View Post
    That is only for survival. BM and MM still show as a lvl 60 talent.
    Whelp that answers what I was gonna ask. Looking at talent calculator versus the notes it didn't make sense what they had switched it with.

Yes, I have seen it animation-wise but haven't actively tested if it's just a visual bug or if Stomp is randomly failing to apply its damage appropriately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't suppose there's any way to disable the Whistle sound when you use Dire Beast? Hearing that every 10+ seconds is driving me insane.