Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Pharah's is the same as S76, you can actually end up keeping the full thing if you only get a couple of rockets off and they don't do anything. Reinhardt's you keep the charge if it doesn't go off, presume Reapers is the same as Pharah and 76s. Not really played enough on others to see.
    Reaper is the same. If you get interrupted early enough you only lose a portion of your ult charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens to genji and Mcree too. If you kill them fast enough they lose almost no charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You can already do that, if fast enough. Stun, push or hook her before she says "DIE".
    As said in the original post i hooked the mercy the moment she reached the fight, she didnt get chance to make it through the first few letters of her voice line never mind to the end of it. The rez still went off and brought back 4 people back in overtime and led to them winning the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Reaper is the same. If you get interrupted early enough you only lose a portion of your ult charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Happens to genji and Mcree too. If you kill them fast enough they lose almost no charge
    These are why the best answer is to soak them with DVa's Defensive Matrix. Then kill them.

I don't necessarily think there is a problem with her, BUT....

I've noticed that when I do run into a really skilled player as Mercy(rare, but you've seen them, they use the pistol very aggressively, when even most average Mercy players will never/rarely switch to the pistol).

So yeah, when you've got a decently skilled player who mains Mercy, that's one of the most OP things in the game and you will have to kill her or lose.

I actually like that aspect of her ultimate. All the ults are quite strong, but hers can be a guaranteed win unless the other team does some very specific steps to prevent it.

The reason that it's okay, is for the vast majority of players, they hate playing Mercy. She needs to have something worthwhile about her, that makes her a potential replacement for Lucio/Symmetra and that ult is it. It's not that out of balance, but it still lets a mediocre player "help" in a normal game, so nerfing it isn't something I would say is essential.

Only Zennyata is immune to cc
    Sadly no for mercy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Sure, if you want to make everyone else's equally interruptable.
    You can inturrupt almost any other Ultimate in the game.

Examples:

Reaper - Stun him, freeze him, hook him, or outright shoot him.
    D.Va - Reinhardt charge, or Roadhog Hook it or simply hide behind a pebble, it'll break the LoS
    Junkrat - Shoot the tire
    Winston - CC him. Zaryas Ult can completely negate this Ultimate, so can Mei
    Reinhardt - Hard to inturrupt, per-say but anyone not hit by it can just kill the Reinhardt and/or support the knocked down teammates
    Mei - One of the hardest to counter depending on where you are. If you are in the middle and have no mobility, you are SoL, but if on edge just....walk out.
    Tracer - If you are stuck, a good Zarya can shield you otherwise.....yeah no counter here (only talking about actual sticks not if she misses or things like Genjis reflecting it).
    McCree - Genji reflect, or hide behind Reinhardt.
    Symmetra - Kill the Teleporter
    Lucio - goes away over time, also doesnt activate until he hits the ground so if you have a good juggler like junkrat you can bounce him up and kill him in the air.
    Soldier 76 - Good ol Reinhardt shield again, or just go behind a wall.
    Phara - Soldier 76 is a great counter to this, just Helix her. Alternatively use Genji and reflect them all back.
    Bastion - Genji can reflect them back but takes timing (can only reflect ONE shot per E press as the fire rate is slow) and mobility can make it hard for him to hit you. This is true about Bastion in General, actually.
    Widowmaker - No counter here...this Ultimate is kinda OP since it also effects her team and has 0 way to counter it. On the plus side it inherently does 0 damage so there is that.
    Roadhog - CC him, does pitiful damage at range.
    Zarya - Use defensives, Reinhardt can shield your team, for example.
    Hanzo - Just....strafe...away....from....the....dragon.
    Genji - CC him.
    Torbjorn - CC him if he isn't near his turret. If turret is around and you dont see Torb...just take it out from range.
    Zenyatta - Reinhardt charge him away from his team.....or off a wall. The Iris won't protect his Omnic monk ass from falling to oblivion

And these are just a FEW examples of how to counter these ultimates, there are many.....many...other ways to counter each and every one of them.

Then there is MERCY.

There is 0 way to stop it, when she hits Q it happens. All heroes nearby rez and you cant stop it. Every other ultimate in the game has a counter play, except this one. Even if she dies while she is doing the animation it still casts. There is no counter play to it. None. So I propose this change:

Make heroes attackable while they are still glowy, but reduce the time it takes for the rez to complete OR Make the rez only bring players back with 50% HP (or even less) so that killing the Mercy means that she cant top them off. Makes her going in for a suicide mission just to rez her 5 teammates a LOT more risky than it currently is, as she would need to survive long enough to heal them up.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyQuack View Post
    Only Zennyata is immune to cc
    Sadly no for mercy
    False, you can displace him. I took one out during his ultimate the other day as Reinhardt. He used his ultimate on Illios and I charged him off a cliff. No more heals for his team.
    Last edited by Keile; 2016-07-11 at 09:52 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    You can inturrupt almost any other Ultimate in the game.

Examples:

Reaper - Stun him, freeze him, hook him, or outright shoot him.
    D.Va - Reinhardt charge, or Roadhog Hook it or simply hide behind a pebble, it'll break the LoS
    Junkrat - Shoot the tire
    Winston - CC him. Zaryas Ult can completely negate this Ultimate, so can Mei
    Reinhardt - Hard to inturrupt, per-say but anyone not hit by it can just kill the Reinhardt and/or support the knocked down teammates
    Mei - One of the hardest to counter depending on where you are. If you are in the middle and have no mobility, you are SoL, but if on edge just....walk out.
    Tracer - If you are stuck, a good Zarya can shield you otherwise.....yeah no counter here (only talking about actual sticks not if she misses or things like Genjis reflecting it).
    McCree - Genji reflect, or hide behind Reinhardt.
    Symmetra - Kill the Teleporter
    Lucio - goes away over time, also doesnt activate until he hits the ground so if you have a good juggler like junkrat you can bounce him up and kill him in the air.
    Soldier 76 - Good ol Reinhardt shield again, or just go behind a wall.
    Phara - Soldier 76 is a great counter to this, just Helix her. Alternatively use Genji and reflect them all back.
    Bastion - Genji can reflect them back but takes timing (can only reflect ONE shot per E press as the fire rate is slow) and mobility can make it hard for him to hit you. This is true about Bastion in General, actually.
    Widowmaker - No counter here...this Ultimate is kinda OP since it also effects her team and has 0 way to counter it. On the plus side it inherently does 0 damage so there is that.
    Roadhog - CC him, does pitiful damage at range.
    Zarya - Use defensives, Reinhardt can shield your team, for example.
    Hanzo - Just....strafe...away....from....the....dragon.
    Genji - CC him.
    Torbjorn - CC him if he isn't near his turret. If turret is around and you dont see Torb...just take it out from range.
    Zenyatta - Reinhardt charge him away from his team.....or off a wall. The Iris won't protect his Omnic monk ass from falling to oblivion

And these are just a FEW examples of how to counter these ultimates, there are many.....many...other ways to counter each and every one of them.

Then there is MERCY.

There is 0 way to stop it, when she hits Q it happens. All heroes nearby rez and you cant stop it. Every other ultimate in the game has a counter play, except this one. Even if she dies while she is doing the animation it still casts. There is no counter play to it. None. So I propose this change:

Make heroes attackable while they are still glowy, but reduce the time it takes for the rez to complete OR Make the rez only bring players back with 50% HP (or even less) so that killing the Mercy means that she cant top them off. Makes her going in for a suicide mission just to rez her 5 teammates a LOT more risky than it currently is, as she would need to survive long enough to heal them up.

False, you can displace him. I took one out during his ultimate the other day as Reinhardt. He used his ultimate on Illios and I charged him off a cliff. No more heals for his team.
    These examples you listed are exactly along the lines of saying counter Mercy by:
    Kill her as she is running in for the Rez.
    Hook her with Roadhog.
    Trap then kill her with Junkrat.
    Knock her back with Pharah and then kill her.
    The problem is if you put any kind of cast time or animation before it happens, you will make Mercy completely useless for her Ult. Maybe removing her LoS revive would be good (maybe), but as she has to run into the middle of her team to ensure she gets all 5 members, she's going to die within 1-2 seconds. So anything with a cast equal to or greater than that, she will never have a chance to use the Ult. Instead of trying to call out a nerf for her, maybe coordinate with your team. Save an Ult or 2 to use as soon as she rezzes and kill/cc the other team all over again. Part of the problem is on a push/defense, everyone uses their Ults, and then no one has a follow up one for the expected/dreaded Rez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Shouldn't be interruptible, but the people rezzed should be able to be damaged like repear when he ports.
    This, or make it interruptible with a CD refund like other ults (I think a 90% or 95% refund would be appropriate).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    These examples you listed are exactly along the lines of saying counter Mercy by:
    Kill her as she is running in for the Rez.
    Hook her with Roadhog.
    Trap then kill her with Junkrat.
    Knock her back with Pharah and then kill her.
    The problem is if you put any kind of cast time or animation before it happens, you will make Mercy completely useless for her Ult. Maybe removing her LoS revive would be good (maybe), but as she has to run into the middle of her team to ensure she gets all 5 members, she's going to die within 1-2 seconds. So anything with a cast equal to or greater than that, she will never have a chance to use the Ult. Instead of trying to call out a nerf for her, maybe coordinate with your team. Save an Ult or 2 to use as soon as she rezzes and kill/cc the other team all over again. Part of the problem is on a push/defense, everyone uses their Ults, and then no one has a follow up one for the expected/dreaded Rez.
    No, because all of the things I listed can be done while the Ultimates are being used. (AFTER Q has been pressed) You cannot do anything to her that will stop her Ultimate once she has pressed Q.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    No, because all of the things I listed can be done while the Ultimates are being used. (AFTER Q has been pressed) You cannot do anything to her that will stop her Ultimate once she has pressed Q.
    Well, then that post is entirely inaccurate. Rein's can not be interrupted, only avoided/blocked. Mei's can not be interrupted, only avoided, or negated with a Zarya shield. Zarya's is not able to be interrupted, just mitigate the follow up attacks from it.
    These aren't even all of them. A straight interrupt would be Reaper's or Roadhog's that are channeled and can be stopped thru use of another ability. If your and your teams abilities are on CD then you aren't interrupting anything. So, even though your examples are trying to be examples of interrupts, they are actually counters to an Ult; and, much like Mercy's Ult, one of the best things to do would be to play coordinated with your team and have 1-2 people sit on their Ults, if possible. After all, being rezzed into a Rain of Justice or a Whole Hog will take out most, if not all of the team that got rezzed.

she already has a cast time......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, then that post is entirely inaccurate. Rein's can not be interrupted, only avoided/blocked. Mei's can not be interrupted, only avoided, or negated with a Zarya shield. Zarya's is not able to be interrupted, just mitigate the follow up attacks from it.
    These aren't even all of them. A straight interrupt would be Reaper's or Roadhog's that are channeled and can be stopped thru use of another ability. If your and your teams abilities are on CD then you aren't interrupting anything. So, even though your examples are trying to be examples of interrupts, they are actually counters to an Ult; and, much like Mercy's Ult, one of the best things to do would be to play coordinated with your team and have 1-2 people sit on their Ults, if possible. After all, being rezzed into a Rain of Justice or a Whole Hog will take out most, if not all of the team that got rezzed.
    Reinhardt can charge out of Zarya's ult.

You shouldn't be able to interrupt the res but if you kill her then their invulnerability wears off and you can kill them before they can start to kill you.

definitely not interruptable but the players she rezes are definitely immune to damage for too long,

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhatadumbthread View Post
    definitely not interruptable but the players she rezes are definitely immune to damage for too long,
    You do realise that's a disadvantage to the person who is getting ressed right? It gives the enemy more time to kill people who are still alive without worrying about the dead people joining in, more time for their CDs to refresh, and more time to coordinate onto a particular person being ressed...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure that all other ultimates are are stoppable during initial animation. Could be wrong, but seems like I have been killed as using most others and wasted it. I know that I have seen mercy go down a ton as she was casting and it still goes off.

The only counter I really see is that you can kill the revived players easily as they can't move right away like Reaper after teleporting. Why you see a ton of ultimates after a reboot killing the newly rezzed. So I guess it is all good. Mercy is not OP at all.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    People should just not be invulnerable when ressed. Fucking annoying to see people running away after being ult'ed and you can't even fucking touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    People should just not be invulnerable when ressed. Fucking annoying to see people running away after being ult'ed and you can't even fucking touch them.
    The whole time they're invulnerable they are also unable to act....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    The whole time they're invulnerable they are also unable to act....
    They get 1 second of time to run away without you being able to do shit about it