Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Couldn't ignore it after all, huh? Like clockwork Sorry I don't buy into your hypocritical arguments. Alcohol and Cigarettes do more harm than any other drug on this earth.
    *shrugs*
    I have no problem banning alcohol and cigarettes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea why you are discussing the weather but it has nothing to do with the original topic. Stay on topic.

Why not start killing off people that disagrees with him such as political adversaries?
    Poor people also cost quite a bit so might as well kill them as well.
    Then we have the people of below average intelligence, the country clearly would do better without them.

There are reasons why the civilized part of the world no longer use methods like these.

Philippines is our long term ally. We used to own the country at one point. They kicked us out of our naval base there but have since allowed us back.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Also, before I leave this pointless thread and the ensuing sh**storm that's to follow, I'll just point out something:

a) The dealers that you're defending don't care whether you live or die; and
    b) The dealers that you're defending don't care about the destruction to the community that you live and work in; and
    c) The dealers that you're defending don't care if they murder the innocent so long as they get their money.

They are, without question, some of the most useless and lowest pieces of excrement on the planet, so stop worrying about whether they live or die. Also, stop being judgmental about the solutions and practices of a foreign culture. Who are you to judge? After all, we're supposed to be a "tolerant and inclusive" bunch (at least, that's the general consensus amongst the posters on the MMO-Champion OTF). Y'all take care!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Nope. Help them as much as we can. It is not unknown for addicts to change and turn their lives around. Even if only a minority of them do that, it is worth the effort in my opinion. Drug dealers and pushers are a different story. They are helping to destroy a lot of lives and deserve to be removed from society.
    My sister was a meth addict for a few years after high school. She got arrested, put in jail, got clean, went to college, got a degree, got married, has 2 children, and is now an exceedingly upstanding citizen.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    I have no problem banning alcohol and cigarettes.
    It wouldn't work though (see Prohibition) and banning Drugs™ doesn't even stop people from using them. I can understand why hard drugs would be banned but marijuana? Fucking hell, imagine being killed over a little bit of pot?

It wouldn't work though (see Prohibition) and banning Drugs™ doesn't even stop people from using them. I can understand why hard drugs would be banned but marijuana? Fucking hell, imagine being killed over a little bit of pot?
    Just saying...I won't play the hypocrite here.
    Cigarettes are responsible for over half a million deaths a year in the US alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Also, before I leave this pointless thread and the ensuing sh**storm that's to follow, I'll just point out something:

b) The dealers that you're defending don't care about the destruction to the community that you live and work in; and
    c) The dealers that you're defending don't care if they murder the innocent so long as they get their money.

They are, without question, some of the most useless and lowest pieces of excrement on the planet, so stop worrying about whether they live or die. Also, stop being judgmental about the solutions and practices of a foreign culture. Who are you to judge? After all, we're supposed to be a "tolerant and inclusive" bunch (at least, that's the general consensus amongst the posters on the MMO-Champion OTF). Y'all take care!
    /yawn except this guy is calling for dealers and users to be killed indiscriminately without fair trial. Who's to say I can't kill you because you annoy me and then drop a bag of drugs on you?

10+ Year Old Account

We're supposed to be a tolerant and inclusive bunch, but we're also supposed to have due process and rule of law, not use civilian vigilantes for extrajudicial killings.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Do you not see how telling citizens to go out and kill each other, with whatever justification you can think of, would not result in a fairly acute murder rate increase?
    Ah yes. Sorry, I misunderstood. I am against killing drug addicts of course. But have no problem with eliminating drug dealers and pushers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Just saying...I won't play the hypocrite here.
    Cigarettes are responsible for over half a million deaths a year in the US alone.
    Indeed they do (am a smoker, trying to quit) but to me I think people should be allowed to do with their bodies as they wish. I'd rather see drugs legalized and regulated than made illegal that just breeds violent criminals.

/yawn except this guy is calling for dealers and users to be killed indiscriminately without fair trial. Who's to say I can't kill you because you annoy me and then drop a bag of drugs on you?
    And yet he won the election.

So do you believe he won the election because Phillipinos have an inherent moral inferiority

Or do you believe he won the election because morality is an abstract and deeply flawed concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ah yes. Sorry, I misunderstood. I am against killing drug addicts of course. But have no problem with eliminating drug dealers and pushers.
    Yeah, I'm not sure where I stand right now, but I do know that due process is something to be thankful for every day and we shouldn't abandon it
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

People are not against Drug dealers getting punished for thier crimes, but it is the lack of due process that is extremely worrying. It provides an easy way for citizens or even the political party to commit murder on someone they just disagree with and pin the dealer accusation on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

So do you believe he won the election because Phillipinos have an inherent moral inferiority

Or do you believe he won the election because morality is an abstract and deeply flawed concept?
    I believe he won because people are generally dumb and think with nothing but emotion and fear. See Trumps popularity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

I think he won because most people in the Phillpines are uneducated, have no idea why this is a bad idea and they voted for him because he promised them 'change'.

In short, third world country politics and populism.

It would have been one thing to send trained professionals to act as murder squads, but regular civilians? Absolute insanity. There's no way there won't be countless innocent people and bystanders losing their lives because of this.
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-07-13 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet their recidivism rate is 0. Once the criminals are off the street, they stay off the street. It also deters more people from breaking the law

My wife is from Davao. Duterte is a hero to the people of that city, before he became mayor it was terrible, drugs, crime, killings everything. Now the city is much much safer than almost anywhere else in the country thanks to him. The shopping malls still have armed guards and scan you with the metal detector before you go in but apparently that's a vast vast improvement.

It's extremely easy for us to sit in our comfortable western lawful nations and condemn him, but I suggest you go live in some of the cities in the Philippines that have not had the benefit of Duterte as mayor for the last few decades before you do.

10+ Year Old Account

Also, I think your picture of drug dealers may be a bit one dimensional. Johnny down the hall in the dorms who sells a bit of weed or shrooms to supplement his income isn't destroying the community or murdering the innocent.

Certainly Jenny working at the marijuana dispensary in Colorado isn't that person.

Not all drug dealers are gang banging murderous thugs, and not all drug users are degenerates.